The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Cool it's up!

Daniel could you post a text version of your spreadsheet that includes all the movies nominated. Not the point spread just the title and it's #number. That way it's searchable.
Doing that manually would have taken a while, but i've managed to export the spreadsheet as a PDF containing the film name, its number, total points and lists. PDF files lets you search using Ctrl+F

http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1440352657
Attached Files
File Type: pdf full 60s list.pdf (144.8 KB, 199 views)

Okay, here's my complete list. I must admit I'm sad I had those health problems show up out of nowhere, which forced me to slow down on movie watching and thereby ruin my pace for watching 60s films...

I didn't get around nearly as many movies from my 60s watchlist as I wanted and that resulted in a very uneven and messy list, but nevertheless I'm glad I at least got to turn in a list in the end. I was dumb for not putting Der 90. Geburtstag oder Dinner for One at the 25th place, which would have put it into the one-pointers. Anyways, here is my list:

01. The Graduate #6
02. 2001: A Space Odessey #1
03. To Kill a Mockingbird #13
04. High and Low #23
05. Once Upon a Time in the West #5
06. Psycho #2
07. Rosemary's Baby #9
08. Planet of the Apes #14
09. The Good the Bad and the Ugly #3
10. For a Few Dollars More #22
11. For a Fistful of Dollars #51
12. Le Samourai #24
13. How the Grinch Stole Christmas #101
14. Cool Hand Luke #12
15. The Party
16. Harakiri #27
17. The Sound of Music #37
18. Lawrence of Arabia #7
19. Persona #11
20. The Virgin Spring #67
21. The Birds #18
22. Der 90. Geburtstag oder Dinner for One
23. From Russia with Love #87
24. Thunderball
25. Dr. No

you know who I wanna see run one of these countdowns? Nostromo87. Just because I wanna see what he does with all the graphics for it. Let him do the Documentaries Countdown.

Even though personally I think Documentaries is a stupid idea.
raul is definitely doing the 50s but if nostromo wants to do the documentary list then that could work. Although, he hasn't really volunteered but instead been volunteered. What say you, Nostromo?
my destiny on MoFo's to take on the all-time countdown in 2022, so i'm forced to turn down the documentaries offer
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	burt_reynolds%255B1%255D.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	22516  

2022? More like 3022, with all these other ridiculous countdowns they wanna do first.

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Harry, Harry, Harry

I think you did a great job and would love to see you do docs. The obstacle for me in doing one is graphics. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. I hope you grab the reigns Harry Lime.

Looks like there were only twenty-seven titles that weren't already on at least one other existing list.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	miss5.png
Views:	480
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	22526   Click image for larger version

Name:	miss6.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	22527   Click image for larger version

Name:	miss7.png
Views:	469
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	22528   Click image for larger version

Name:	miss8.png
Views:	482
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	22529   Click image for larger version

Name:	miss9.png
Views:	462
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	22530  

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

2022? More like 3022, with all these other ridiculous countdowns they wanna do first.
We've alrewady done two all-time lists since I've been here. I'm thinking we do another two summers from now. Docs, 50s, something (ideas anyone? Sci-fi? Comedy? Non-English language?), then all-time. But then again I'm not the final say on the matter, just throwing out ideas.

Harry, Harry, Harry

I think you did a great job and would love to see you do docs. The obstacle for me in doing one is graphics. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. I hope you grab the reigns Harry Lime.
Haha. I am not a graphics person. Not even close. If I were to run it I would employ/ask someone who's good at these things to come up with the graphics and thank them kindly.

And just to add in general I suggested we do documentaries because they are often missed in these countdowns that we do, this will be a way to put the other side of filmmaking on display.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Originally Posted by Harry Lime
(ideas anyone? Sci-fi? Comedy? Non-English language?)
*scoffs*

Non-English language? We've done a million of those.

What if you did a sequel to a countdown that's already been done -- and the rule is -- you can't put a movie on your list that was already on the first Top 100 of that countdown.

So, same kind of countdown, but with 100 totally different movies?

Trouble with a capital "T"
There was plenty of foreign films (non English language) represent on this countdown. On the other hand there wasn't nearly enough Musicals..we need to do at least 5 more Top 100 list on Musicals

Isn't there already a science fiction list? Would ours look all that much different? And it's not like we don't already know what the number one film would be... I don't look forward to the documentary list, but it's a logical choice and a good way to catch up on doc's. Then the 50s and eventually the 40s and beyond. A non-English list seems logical, except we can be sure everything selected would be on some other list.

There was plenty of foreign films (non English language) represent on this countdown. On the other hand there wasn't nearly enough Muscials...we need to do at least 5 more Top 100 list on Muscials.

There's already a list for musicals. And there was plenty of musicals on the 60s list.

Trouble with a capital "T"
That was a sarcasm joke

I suggest Documentaries next BUT not a Top 100.... Shorten it down to Top 50 and we submit our top 10 nomations, not 25.