Mad Max: Fury Road

Tools    

WTF was with Immortan Joe's gang having, like, their own band on the road???? That's something I found so looney. "HERE THEY COME -- AND THEY'VE BROUGHT A BAND TO ENTERTAIN THEMSELVES ON THE WAY!" Especially those guys beating those drums.
same reason they used to have drummers and bugle boys leading the troops into battle back then, to give the men a sense of unity and get their adrenalin going

there's a frog in my snake oil
Anyone going to pick up the game tie-in? (It's supposedly a loose prequel to Fury Road, featuring one of Immorten Joe's sons as the main danger on the horizon, inhabiting the Gas Town referenced in the film)

I've been getting myself fairly hyped in terms of the look of it. It's an open world game where there'll be plenty of driving around and general scavaging and surviving (and eating of dog food). I doubt it'll deliver too strongly on the narrative front (it's never been this game developer's strong point), but the 'driving combat' and general fuel-obsessed vibe seems to be there, and they seem to have suitably be-feathered & stapled oddities inhabiting the wilds.

Here's a scrubby gif that captures some of desert variety & electric storms and the like, in a lo-fi way...

Found the convoy pursuit here (vid) to be getting somewhere close to the Road Warrior vibe, for a game (with giant silly icons above the cars )

The electric storms (vid) look pretty badass too

Can you play the game as Mad Max or do you have to only play as Furiosa?

Welcome to the human race...
I realise you're probably joking, but if it's supposed to be a prequel to Fury Road the movie, then presumably the playable character is Max himself.

Hah yeah, you're Max, although something of a cipher-like bridging one. (Looks a bit like Hardy and Mel combined, sounds generic Aussie). I'm cool with it, just gonna imagine this is just one of the nebulous legends of Max, as Miller has described the films. They don't have to be totally consistent, or true

PS Miller was involved with the early brainstorming about the world and story arc, so hopefully that'll help it gel with the flicks.

*EDIT* I've got reservations about the fighty stuff, doesn't feel massively Mad Max, but hopefully it'll be fine-enough on a game front, and the cars and exploration doubly so

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I will wait until you report your findings.

That game looks pretty cool. Too bad I suck horribly at all video games.
Yeah it's a shame games like these can't figure out a way for non-gamers to enjoy the aspects that are kinda universal. Loads of them feature these amazingly designed worlds, brought alive by dynamic weather and day/night cycles etc, and populated (possibly not here) by interesting characters, but then the gameplay proves too much of a barrier. It'd be cool if these big budget ones had a 'passive' mode, where you could just explore (and have the aggro stuff all play out in pre-canned cut scenes). Feels like a lost opportunity in some ways (although I get it'd be a big extra production expense).

Originally Posted by BlueLion
The game better not be as boring as the movie.
Depends if you like open world sandbox games probably. And Mad Max films

Someone always takes it too far...

(I'm mainly thinking of BlueLion )

Depends if you like open world sandbox games probably. And Mad Max films
I'd rather it have been a "Twisted Metal" style game myself

I'd rather it have been a "Twisted Metal" style game myself
Lack of multiplayer jousting is def a shame. I quite like this idea of a car-centric open world tho, if done well. Car combat def seems solid, even with fitting rationing of projectiles.

Never know, might see online in a few years - they embraced the Just Cause 2 mod pretty fully last time