Lets Talk Football

Tools    

I'm confused now. So you're saying that the title was won last season by Butt, Beckham and the Nevilles?

That's the same media who've been preaching about giving him time right until he'd been sacked.
Where did I say that that those players won you the title? I was comparing the players that have come through the youth system of late to the ones who came through years ago which brought the club success and laid the foundations to keep being successful.

Ten Managers sacked this season in the Premier League alone (that's half of the team's), that never used to happen before money came in to the game and the media wasn't as obsessed over anything they think can make a story as they are now.

I watch football for the game on the pitch, because that's all it is, A Game, there's far far more important things in life, But most football fans nowadays (most of have never really played the game at any good level) are more interested in talking about what goes on off the field rather then on it, and that's because the media feeds the Bullsh*it to them and they eat it up.

Sorry for ranting, but I like Moyes he did a fantastic job at my club for 11 years and I'm angry the way he's been treated and I'm gonna stick up for him.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Where did I say that that those players won you the title? I was comparing the players that have come through the youth system of late to the ones who came through years ago which brought the club success and laid the foundations to keep being successful.
Yeah, but you seem to be forgetting that Man U won the league last year at a canter - This is the point I was trying to make. Evra and Vidic were on the slide as well and I've not seen them markedly worse this season. The player I think who has really failed to perform is Carrick but the more uncharitable side of me says he's merely reverted to type.

Ten Managers sacked this season in the Premier League alone (that's half of the team's), that never used to happen before money came in to the game and the media wasn't as obsessed over anything they think can make a story as they are now.

I watch football for the game on the pitch, because that's all it is, A Game, there's far far more important things in life, But most football fans nowadays (most of have never really played the game at any good level) are more interested in talking about what goes on off the field rather then on it, and that's because the media feeds the Bullsh*it to them and they eat it up.

Sorry for ranting, but I like Moyes he did a fantastic job at my club for 11 years and I'm angry the way he's been treated and I'm gonna stick up for him.
Moyes is a good manager. You don't keep Everton in the top half for so long on such a meagre budget if you don't have a tried and tested skill-set. Is that skill-set suited to taking over a club (and before you start talking about 4th most successful clubs, Everton haven't been challengers for a long time. And no, I'm not a Man Utd fan, not even close, nor a Liverpool one if you think I'm being anti-Blue ) like Man Utd?

It's been an awful tenure for him.

Would you rather have Moyes or Martinez in charge of Everton right now? I don't mean this to sound a dickish question, by the way. Martinez has done brilliantly but I'd love to fast forward a year or two and see how he's rebuilt that defence, which seemed to be a blind spot for him at Wigan. He's taken over a side with an experienced and well-drilled back four (a bit like Wenger when he first arrived at Arsenal) which has allowed him to be adventurous further up the pitch.

Jagielka is the wrong side of 30, Distan must be in his early 50s by now and stories are starting to be written linking young Stones with a move to a Champions League side.

It'll be interesting.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
As an Everton fan I feel really sorry for Moyes.

Fergie left that club at the right time. Man U needed a complete revamp after last season, and Fergie knew it. Moyes getting the sack is actually a joke if you ask me. He didn't get any of his transfer targets last summer, and the team he has this season just wasn't good enough, there the ones out there playing everyweek, so they should take some of the blame.

Would you rather have Moyes or Martinez in charge of Everton right now? I don't mean this to sound a dickish question, by the way. Martinez has done brilliantly but I'd love to fast forward a year or two and see how he's rebuilt that defence, which seemed to be a blind spot for him at Wigan. He's taken over a side with an experienced and well-drilled back four (a bit like Wenger when he first arrived at Arsenal) which has allowed him to be adventurous further up the pitch.

Jagielka is the wrong side of 30, Distan must be in his early 50s by now and stories are starting to be written linking young Stones with a move to a Champions League side.

It'll be interesting.
Martinez has completely revamped Everton since Moyes was there. And the reason Evertons defence is good this season is because of Barry and McCarthy. McCarthy is worth every penny we paid for him, he is solid infront of our back 4. Coleman is on a complete different level now and is one of the best defenders in the prem. If Baines was to go we have Oviedo, we also have Stones. So what do we have to forward a few years for?...

I watch football for the game on the pitch, because that's all it is, A Game, there's far far more important things in life.....
Not where I come from there isn't

And I'm not doing that Shanks quote either!

So what do we have to forward a few years for?...
Presuming Coleman and Stones continue to develop you think the big boys won't have tempted one or both away? I don't want that to happen but you'd by pretty myopic to say that it's not a possibility.

Presuming Coleman and Stones continue to develop you think the big boys won't have tempted one or both away? I don't want that to happen but you'd by pretty myopic to say that it's not a possibility.
We our one of the big boys now.

Coleman and Stones are fantastic. And Martinez would want some serious money for them. I actually can't see either of them leaving. What would they want to leave for?. To go sit on the bench at City?.

I love your confidence and I'd love to be able to agree but come on. You'll need to secure 4th and have a good summer in the transfer market for a striker or two before saying you've arrived, surely?

I love your confidence and I'd love to be able to agree but come on. You'll need to secure 4th and have a good summer in the transfer market for a striker or two before saying you've arrived, surely?
Ime as confident as Martinez is.

At the start of the season he was laughed at for promising European football, and yet were three games away and 4th place is still within our reach.

We have a very talented young team, and we our playing some exciting football.

Ime pretty confident we will keep Lukaku, and if we don't he won't be missed anyway. I have trust that Martinez will bring the right player in.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I think Juventus wants to buy Nani, that is a bad move but...If someone knows how to make a good transfer that is Juve.

Moyes had poor season,we can say he is not Fergi he cant do much with this team but he can be 4th at least.I felt like there is no tactic,no plan in his game.Please don't say Vidic is not giving his best...He gave everything for UTD,got his nose and arcade broken so much times cuz he went with his head where players dont dear to go with their foot.

Liverpool won it :/ I really hoped Chels can get double but well...It was to ambitious,when you really look we don't have really good team,we will need to make some changes in def,like LB and another CB,ofc we need striker and someone to get ball to them if Hazard is not doing good or if he is injured because Oscar and Salah are just decant players for me.Well I hope Jose can lead us to UCL final.

I would also like to see Everton in 4th place in the end,because Arsenal is doing same thing every season,it is kinda pathetic(no offense) but every year they start with huge ambitions and end up fighting for UCL.Ozil was first big name Arsenal bought after they sold golden generation.

Ime as confident as Martinez is.

At the start of the season he was laughed at for promising European football, and yet were three games away and 4th place is still within our reach.

We have a very talented young team, and we our playing some exciting football.

Ime pretty confident we will keep Lukaku, and if we don't he won't be missed anyway. I have trust that Martinez will bring the right player in.
Did people laugh at Martinez? I didn't pay much attention, to be honest, but he was a respected young cup winning manager taking charge of a well run upper mid table/Europa League team. I suppose the difference between him and Moyes is that he's got the team playing with a verve that rarely seemed possible under Moyes.

If you make fourth (and I'd say it's going to be a hard job looking at your run-in compared to Arsenal's) then there'll be money there to strengthen and you'll need to spend it because I can't see the likes of City and Chelsea loaning Everton many players next season.

If you don't make fourth you're still a well run, well managed Europa League team. Either way still a few years off being one of the big boys but heading in the right direction.

I can remember bumping into Howard Kendall in a bar in Southport. Great bloke. Well oiled.

Coleman and Stones are fantastic. And Martinez would want some serious money for them. I actually can't see either of them leaving. What would they want to leave for?. To go sit on the bench at City?.
If they pay them enough, yes. That's exactly what happens. Not just City, either.

I've heard this a few times, but I don't remember it happening. Maybe a few football journalists at one press conference? But it would've been for CL football, not Europe. I'm still hoping you get 4th, but I agree with Tacitus that it'll be hard from now. Fingers crossed, though.

I don't know if you'll keep Lukaku or not, but I can't see it happening if you don't get 4th and reach the group stage, simply because you won't have the money. Even if the player wanted it to happen.

I think it's far to say that where you are now is down to the last day of the transfer window, with Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu coming in. Those are the players (or players of that quality) that you'll need to replace if you don't get 4th. Though, at Barry's age, if he doesn't get assurances from the manager that he'll play for City, he might prefer playing every week. It's not like Everton pay peanuts.

Anyone else surprised that Barca's transfer ban has been suspended on appeal? No? Thought not. Now they'll be able to get what they need to replace a weak, for them, squad with some key players.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Anyone else surprised that Barca's transfer ban has been suspended on appeal? No? Thought not. Now they'll be able to get what they need to replace a weak, for them, squad with some key players.
That is really stupid,I mean they should be suspended.My club Red Star Belgrade(champions of europe in 1991 )had financial problems and finally after a long period of time they are getting back,they will 99% win Serbian league,they are not in big dept anymore...But now UEFA wants to punish them because they didnt pay some players few years back,I mean that can be tops 5000e not more because I know how big paychecks are,and this guy in Barca takes 30mil and NOTHING happens to them...Its just example there are many more...UEFA is not fair,and it will be like that forever...

For those who haven't heard, Tito Vilanova died Friday from cancer.

BARCELONA (Reuters) - Former Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has died aged 45 following a battle with cancer that forced him to stand down at the end of last season, the club announced on Friday.

He took over at the Nou Camp ahead of the 2012-13 season having been Pep Guardiola's assistant during the most successful period in Barca's history in which they won three out of four La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues in 2009 and 2011.

Barcelona went on to make the best-ever start to a La Liga season with 18 wins from 19 games but, in December 2012, Vilanova was diagnosed with cancer for the second time.

It meant his assistant Jordi Roura had to take charge of the team on those occasions when he was undergoing treatment.

At the end of the season Vilanova announced he was resigning to concentrate on his recovery from the illness.

"Tito Vilanova has passed away today at the age of 45. It happened this afternoon as our former coach was not able to overcome a disease he has fought since 2011," said Barcelona.

"The club wishes to express their deepest condolences to his family with whom it shares their pain in these moments as do fans, members of FC Barcelona and all the world of football and sport," added a club statement.

Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi paid tribute to his former coach.

"Tito was the 1st person who had faith in me," four-times World Player of the Year Messi said on his Twitter feed. "I was a substitute - then he started me for the Under 16s."

PLATINI SALUTE

Michel Platini, president of European soccer's ruling body UEFA, also hailed Vilanova's contribution to his old club.

"I was deeply saddened to hear the news of Tito Vilanova's passing," the former France playmaker told www.uefa.com. "He was a great person and a fantastic coach who will always be remembered for his work at FC Barcelona. I send my condolences to Tito's family and to the club."

Vilanova, a midfielder came through Barca's youth system but was let go in 1990, played for several lower league teams before finally getting his chance in the Spanish top flight with Celta Vigo where he played for three season in the mid-1990s.

It was as a coach though that he made his mark and he began working with the Barcelona youth teams, training future first team players like Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique and Cesc Fabregas.

After several seasons away from the Catalan club he returned in 2007 as assistant to Guardiola with the Barca B team. The following season the pair took charge of the first team and Vilanova went on to play a key role in the club's success.

Florentino Perez, president of Barca's arch-rivals Real Madrid, also mourned Vilanova's passing.

"I want to express my profound sorrow over the death of Tito Vilanova and pass on, in the name of Real Madrid, our condolences, support and love to his family, FC Barcelona and especially to his wife and children," Perez told the Marca newspaper.

"It is a day of considerable sadness for all fans of football and to recognise his personal and professional life."

Barca sports director Andoni Zubizarreta said the club would offer their support to Vilanova's family.

"A great man has left us, a loving husband, father and a total Barcelona member," said Zubizarreta.

"We have to give our support to the family of Tito. Barca also is his family and we will remember him for ever."
http://news.yahoo.com/former-barca-c...lkA1ZJUDI4MV8x

Hun you must be pleased with that win yesterday

Masterman and Hitchcockian - get used to results like that for the blues yesterday. I've supported them since I took my first breath 57 years ago and one thing you can rely on with Everton is that they'll always let you down just when you think the going's good

Hun you must be pleased with that win yesterday

Masterman and Hitchcockian - get used to results like that for the blues yesterday. I've supported them since I took my first breath 57 years ago and one thing you can rely on with Everton is that they'll always let you down just when you think the going's good
Yep, ime used to it to be honest. When Everton hit the big stage they crumble. That was a terrible performance yesterday, you would actually think they wernt bothered.