Oldboy remake?

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Is it worth watching? No

Should you watch it? No

If you liked the original, there's no point in seeing an inferior version of it. I'd steer clear of it.

Is it worth watching? No

Should you watch it? No

If you liked the original, there's no point in seeing an inferior version of it. I'd steer clear of it.
My thoughts exactly.

Ok, thanks. I won't watch it then. It's just I've heard mixed views on it. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My thoughts on the Oldboy remake. Pretty bad stuff.

Suspect's Reviews

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I watched this day before yesterday, it wasn't bad. It wasn't as good as the first but it had some differences in it that I really liked. If I hadn't seen the original and known what to expect it would have been nice. I would only rate this one half a star below the first.

The idea of this remake makes me cringe even more than when I heard about the Shall We Dance remake with J Lo and Richard Gere...

It is by no means a good film, and although I have not seen the original myself, I have heard it was a lot better. It is an odd film but I would not say there is no point in watching it at all. You can always get something out of watching a film, even if it is just a comparison to the original. I rated it 5/10.

Twitter: @MandFReviews

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I have been meaning to watch the remake for awhile, I was a tremendous fan when it came to the original, and while I don't expect it to match the original in any way, I have the hopes that it will at least be enjoyable. A lot of people are passing it off as terrible without having seen it, and for all I know, it might very well be terrible. However, I am holding my tongue until I can actually give the movie a fair opportunity to entertain me. There are ways where I actually think remakes are necessary, for example, Let Me In, the remake of Let the Right One In, was an enjoyable horror-movie that allowed for the story to be introduced to a new audience. Granted, it wasn't quite as good as the original, I did think they hit a lot of the important notes.

I really enjoyed Scarface with Al Pacino, which was a remake, and the Dark Knight trilogy which was a reboot for Batman.

Then, there's the other side of the spectrum, A Nightmare on Elm Street's remake was terrible, the Psycho remake with Vaughn was terrible, and there's about a billion that are released that yearn to capture the same audience from their predecessor.

In conclusion, while I didn't take the time to list a lot of them, remakes usually lack a lot of the quality of the original, however, when they are done correctly, I believe that they can be used to strengthen a lot of things, or as I have said, appeal to a new audience.

I'll wait and see which category that Spike Lee's Oldboy falls into.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
nope. There are lots of good bits but those bits are no better than the original (except may Elizabeth Olsen) and the fights are not as good