Comedy Movie About A Wedding From the 80s or Early 90s?

Tools    

Im looking for this movie that was made in the 1980s or early 1990s, it might've been released in 1990 or 1991 although it was in the summer of 1991 when I saw it so it wouldn't've been released after that. The movie might've taken place in California but I am also not a hundred percent certain of that although it did take place somewhere in the USA. The movie is a comedy although some people might also think it's a bit of a drama too.

The movie is about this woman who is engaged to this really rich fellow who lives in a big house. Throughout the movie a younger imaginary version of the woman whose about twelve years old or so keeps popping up, for instance in the beginning of the movie when she first gets engaged and her new fiancee gives her the engagement ring her imaginary twelve year old version appears and says something like, "Wow! Im engaged! Im engaged!"

Anyway in the movie there is also this other woman who is apparently the rich fellow's ex. She does some kind of intimate phone service stuff where you call a number to have an intimate conversation with her. This was apparently quite a popular thing in the 80s and early 90s, before the internet became widespread. When she does the intimate phone service she goes by the name "Ramona" which is the only name I really remember from the movie although I believe her phone service is called "Closure."

So the wedding is to take place in this rich woman's house. The woman who does the phone service, who as I said I also believe is the rich fellow's ex, also had a role in the wedding. As the wedding is getting started the woman who does the phone service goes upstairs to the bedroom where she finds a shotgun under the bed. She goes back downstairs and says something like "Hey, look what I found!" while waving the shotgun around. She's told the shotgun isn't even loaded and so she turns around disappointed with the shotgun over her shoulder and says something like ,"Darn!" The shotgun happens to be loaded after all and it goes off and blasts out a chandelier. This mishap causes the wedding to be cancelled.

The movie ends with a scene where the homeowner is cleaning the shotgun because according to her, shotguns should always be cleaned after being fired. The rich fellow's ex apologizing for the destruction and asking why she was told the shotgun wasn't loaded and the homeowner says because she didn't want her to shoot the rich fellow (her ex.) She says that she wouldn't've shot him or at least that she wouldn't've killed him, she might've just shot him in the butt. The main protagonist in the movie (the woman who was about to get married to the rich guy) says that perhaps it was a blessing in disguise about the wedding being cancelled because she figures she's just not ready for it. I believe at the end of the movie her imaginary twelve year old self appears one last time feeling regretful about not getting married to this guy who lives in a big house and all but she tells her twelve year old self to be quiet and that its all for the better.

Is anybody familiar with the movie? Does anybody know what Im talking about?

Maybe "Betsy's Wedding" (1990) ?

Where did you see this (in what country)? And yes, there were 1-900 phone sex chat services, if that helps the search at all. Were there popular actors?

Where did you see this (in what country)? And yes, there were 1-900 phone sex chat services, if that helps the search at all. Were there popular actors?
I saw the movie in the USA in Hawaii. I am aware of the phone sex services that used to be big in the 80s and 90s but you don't find such stuff anymore with the rise of the internet. Im not sure of any of the actors in the movie were popular or are popular today. As I said in the original post, I saw the movie in the summer of 1991.

Maybe "The Brady Girls Get Married" (1981) ? - The hour-long TV movie/pilot episode of "The Brady Brides".
Jan and Marcia have met the men of their dreams and decide to tie the knot. They agree to hold the weddings together in the family's back yard, but fight over whether to have a modern ceremony or a traditional one. Can the marriages be saved?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082101/?ref_=tt_urv

Filming locations - March Air Reserve Base, California, USA

Maybe "The Brady Girls Get Married" (1981) ? - The hour-long TV movie/pilot episode of "The Brady Brides".
No this wasn't about the Brady Bunch and it was only one couple that was going to get married, not two. I saw the movie in Hawaii in 1991 on television, not at the theater. The climax was when a chandelier was destroyed by an accidental discharge from a shotgun which caused the wedding to be cancelled and the bride to be said that perhaps it was a blessing in disguise as she didn't feel she was ready to be married.

I am very suprised, because it is very similar. And maybe it is older - "A Wedding" (1978) ?
The daughter of a Louisville truck driver marries the scion of a very wealthy family, but the reception at the family estate is boycotted by the invited guests.
Other possibility is "Easy Money" (1983):
To inherit his mother-in-law's colossal fortune, a hard-living gambling addict must change his unhealthy ways before they get the best of him.

or maybe "Going to the Chapel" (1988)
A couple (Valentine and Greene) are about to get married. And all sorts of uninvited and unexpected guests arrive; like the groom's former live-in partner (Kilbourne), and his natural father (Van Patten). And it also appears that the bride also has a secret of her own. And it's here that everybody begins to realize some things about themselves and those around them.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Other possibility is "Easy Money" (1983):

Probably not this - it doesn't have a scene with a shotgun and Rodney's daughter is super uptight and afraid of having sex - so no intimate conversation.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140