RIP Alan Arkin

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The legendary Alan Arkin has died at the age of 89. His sons confirmed the news. A Hollywood icon!
https://people.com/alan-arkin-dead-obituary-7502474

Sorry to learn of this. He was a terrific actor, in both leading and supporting roles. Thoughts with his family and friends. Rest in peace.

One of my favourite smaller roles he had was ine Grosse Pointe Blank...

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
The Kominsky Method TV series was the last impression I've had of him.
Also, I've rewatched Catch-22 couple of years ago.
---

OMG, anther movie legend gone...been a huge fan of the actor ever since he scared the piss out of me as Harry Roat Jr in Wait Until Dark. I read somewhere that when asked how he felt about being robbed of a nomination for Harry Roat, his reply was "You don't get nominated for being mean to Audrey Hepburn." Catch-22, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, The In-Laws, The Amazing Burt Wunderstone, Edward Scissorhands, Glengarry Glen Ross, Little Miss Sunshine...this was an actor who never phoned it in, never stole another actor's thunder and never allowed himself to be blown off the screen either. Always a pleasure to watch...this is terribly sad. I guess I'm going to have to watch The Kominsky Method now. RIP.

A system of cells interlinked
Sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed his work.

RIP Mr. Arkin!

Aww, f*ck. He was a great actor. Didn't know he was so old. I should probably check out some of his earlier stuff, but Glengarry Glen Ross, The Rocketeer, Little Miss Sunshine, Argo-f*ck-yourself. He always delivered.

This death in particular sucks. He was one of those talents that just so happens to appear in roles that end up being your favorite movies. I guess that's the textbook definition of a great actor.

RIP Mr. Arkin. You will be missed.

Loved Alan Arkin. What a pro, so great in everything. My favorite role of his will always be Sheldon Kornpett in The In-Laws and my favorite line of his, "Tse-tse flies with beaks?"

Other favorite roles were in Wait Until Dark (I invite anybody only familiar with his comic roles to view that movie---wow!), The Rocketeer, The Fourth Wise Man, The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, Freebie and Bean, The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming, Little Miss Sunshine and Argo, to name a few.

Quite a loss for the acting world. Godspeed, Alan.

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
WTF another human dead? Oh my they´re dropping like flies lol.