Criterion Channel

Tools    

Hello and welcome! I agree Criterion is the best streaming service. The last films I watched on Criterion Channel were:

Jubilee (1978)
Victim (1961)
Vera (1986)
5th Avenue Girl (1939)
Breakfast For Two (1937)

'Godland' arrived on the Criterion channel yesterday. One of the best films of the year. It's like Scorsese's 'Silence' on 16mm, set in Iceland with a Fargo like premise. Highly recommended.

'Godland' arrived on the Criterion channel yesterday. One of the best films of the year. It's like Scorsese's 'Silence' on 16mm, set in Iceland with a Fargo like premise. Highly recommended.

Shinoda's Silence is also on the criterion channel. No idea how tonally similar it might be to Scorsese's but I've decided to slowly work through the Shinoda on there since I did really like Pale Flower.

The trick is not minding
Not super enthused with next months lineup announcement, but the one film I’m excited for is Eight Deadly Shots in its original 4 hour form.
It recently made a return to the cinemas this past March but didn’t make it out to my are. Shame. Would have loved to see it on the big screen.

I hated Silence, but Godland looks good. Never heard of it, but it’s now in my watchlist.

I want to make it official by going back to my first post here, to end my use of this place, as i have with all other sites. I want to just exist online as an anonymous consumer who doesn't share anymore.

There are films to watch as there is also books to read and music to listen to, all keeping track of them will be done privately on my google documents, i will not even comment on YouTube videos anymore.

This is what the free falling song quote means for me, without anymore connection with others via sharing i feel like i'm falling in a bottomless void and so far as i'm enjoying my time it is of extreme pleasure.

I want to make it official by going back to my first post here, to end my use of this place, as i have with all other sites. I want to just exist online as an anonymous consumer who doesn't share anymore.

There are films to watch as there is also books to read and music to listen to, all keeping track of them will be done privately on my google documents, i will not even comment on YouTube videos anymore.

This is what the free falling song quote means for me, without anymore connection with others via sharing i feel like i'm falling in a bottomless void and so far as i'm enjoying my time it is of extreme pleasure.
So you’re saying goodbye?

I have had it for about a full year now, and I have watched dozens and dozens of movies on it. All Pasolini, several Bergman, most Oshima, most Lynch, most Haneke, as well as a wide variety of random films, shorts, and other documentaries. I cannot praise that site highly enough!

The trick is not minding
Riki-Roh: The Story of Ricky is coming to Criterion channel next month.
Guess it’s as a good a time as any to finally watch this cult classic.

Criterion Channel added several good films today, including some Ken Russell and Bertrand Tavernier films. Most importantly, they added a collection of cat themed films! Meow!

Criterion Channel added several good films today, including some Ken Russell and Bertrand Tavernier films. Most importantly, they added a collection of cat themed films! Meow!
Meowser!

Psyched for some Ken Russell, is The Devils the director's cut?

Psyched for some Ken Russell, is The Devils the director's cut?
I don't think so. It's an hour and 48 minutes and I believe the director's cut is slightly longer.

The trick is not minding
The Cassandra Cat looks interesting. Will look to dig into the Russell and Tavernier collections.

Ikarie XB1 is one I’ve waited for a long time.