Marmite or Vegemite? Pick your poison.

Tools    

I really like both but I didn't try either one until about five years ago. I don't recall how I became aware of Marmite -- maybe on YouTube. I bought and tried Marmite first. Loved it. (My wife hates both -- with a passion.) Then I bought Vegemite and I like it also. "Vegemite sandwich" is in the lyrics of the 1980 song "Down Under" by Men at Work, but I never knew what it was. I like the consistency of Vegemite more than Marmite -- it's more like peanut butter -- Marmite is more like molasses. For me, both are best on toast but I usually just use saltines. I think I like Marmite a bit more than Vegemite.

What say ye? Even the haters' opinions are welcome. I hear it from my wife every time I get a jar down from the cupboard.

Both healthy as proven to help reduce the transmission of STIs - not many want to be that close to you after you've eaten some

Seriously though: love marmy, not keen on veggie ... however my personal 'duck turd tasting tarmac' of choice is just plain yeast extract. What makes my mind boggle is how anyone can taste duck turd simply to then have a point of reference

Never had it..

We do have something that looks similar here in The Netherlands it's called; Appelstroop..
In Germany they call it; Apfelkraut and in Belgium and France they call it; sirop de Liège.
Made from apples and/or pears, no added sugars, and is a good source of iron..

Never had Vegemite. I've heard it called Marmite for wimps, which I'm sure if just inflamatory, but until I've had some I can't say. I love Marmite though. I have a friend who also adores Marmite but now prefers Vegemite.

How anyone can eat either boggles my mind. Tarmac that tastes like duck turd.
I've never tried to eat tarmac or duck turds. I bow to you, for I can see that you have a real taste for exotic foods.

For those who have never seen a bottle of Marmite or Vegemite . . .

If you're curious enough to try some, both can be purchased on Amazon.

We do have something that looks similar here in The Netherlands it's called; Appelstroop..
In Germany they call it; Apfelkraut and in Belgium and France they call it; sirop de Liège.
That looks pretty good -- is it sweet? Marmite and Vegemite are very salty and not anything near sweet.

Never had it..

Speaking of "stroop," are stroopwaffels very popular over there? You can buy them nearly everywhere here in the States now. I like them alright, but I was curious if they're as widely-loved as their availability in stores here indicates. I mean, even TJ Maxx, a discount clothing and home furnishing store, sells them!

That looks pretty good -- is it sweet? Marmite and Vegemite are very salty and not anything near sweet.
Yes it's sweet so they just look a like.. Curious now, I'll the try the Marmite some time, I do like Chivers Marmelade btw.

Speaking of "stroop," are stroopwaffels very popular over there? You can buy them nearly everywhere here in the States now. I like them alright, but I was curious if they're as widely-loved as their availability in stores here indicates. I mean, even TJ Maxx, a discount clothing and home furnishing store, sells them!
Yeah damn shame I wasn't the one who 'brought the stroopwaffel to the U$'..
They're pretty popular here. They bake them fresh at an open stand in the middle of most city centres. The smell has the ability to lift you up by your nostrils and make you float to the stand to buy one..
Only down side is they're bad for your teeth, so brush a little longer when you've had one that day.