Movie (or maybe TV show) set in the desert?

Tools    

So I've been driving myself mad trying to remember the name of a movie, or possibly a TV show that I watched maybe in the last 5 years. I have pretty vague memories of it (so some of the details I remember are probably wrong), but hopefully there will be enough for someone to recognise what it might be..

So I recall I guy who I think was pretty good with weapons (maybe military) was trying to protect a girl/woman. He had here held up in a trailer/caravan in what I think was a desert (certainly an unpopulated place). I'm pretty sure he left her alone in the trailer, after giving her a weapon to defend herself, and upon leaving said something like "If anyone comes in who isn't me, don't hesitate, shoot". I think there was an escape hatch in the floor of the trailer too.

My next memories are hazier still. I think he return and was maybe held up outside the trailer by someone with a gun. I think maybe the other person shot at the trailer, but the girl used the hatch. Im pretty sure she then shot the person with the gun, saving the man who was protecting her.

Another scene (which I'm not even sure is the same move/show, had the guy meeting up with a bunch of baddies in an open air industrial area, possibly a storage area in the desert. A gun fight breaks out between the man and the others. I think the man was helped by an old man with a sniper rifle (I have a feeling this was unexpected help, but not sure).

Does this sound familiar at all to anyone?

The last part sounds like Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise and Robert Duvall as the sniper/helper. That happened at night in a rock quarry.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
So I've been driving myself mad trying to remember the name of a movie, or possibly a TV show that I watched maybe in the last 5 years. I have pretty vague memories of it (so some of the details I remember are probably wrong), but hopefully there will be enough for someone to recognise what it might be..

So I recall I guy who I think was pretty good with weapons (maybe military) was trying to protect a girl/woman. He had here held up in a trailer/caravan in what I think was a desert (certainly an unpopulated place). I'm pretty sure he left her alone in the trailer, after giving her a weapon to defend herself, and upon leaving said something like "If anyone comes in who isn't me, don't hesitate, shoot". I think there was an escape hatch in the floor of the trailer too.

My next memories are hazier still. I think he return and was maybe held up outside the trailer by someone with a gun. I think maybe the other person shot at the trailer, but the girl used the hatch. Im pretty sure she then shot the person with the gun, saving the man who was protecting her.

Another scene (which I'm not even sure is the same move/show, had the guy meeting up with a bunch of baddies in an open air industrial area, possibly a storage area in the desert. A gun fight breaks out between the man and the others. I think the man was helped by an old man with a sniper rifle (I have a feeling this was unexpected help, but not sure).

Does this sound familiar at all to anyone?

Sounds like Mad Max: Fury Road

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Yes! That's definitely the second part I was describing. Clearly I'm think of 2 different movies. Really appreciate that you were able to answer part of this though, as it's been driving me mad!

The first part could be NCIS: Los Angeles where Kenzie Bligh, her husband/partner, and 2 CIA agents are in a CIA travel trailer/spy rig. It happens in Afghanistan, so it's kind of dry/hilly. They all had machine guns, but did escape out of a hatch in the bottom of the trailer.

Thank you guys. The time I think I watched it would be around the time I watched Max Max: Fury Road, so that's a possibility (I'll have to FFWD through it to check). I'll also have a look at NCIS too, as that sounds pretty similar to what I remember.

The shootout at the end of L.A. Confidential has two male cops with one going down a hole in the floor of a cabin. He does pop back up through the hole to shoot someone who is going to kill his friend.