Night of The Hunter remake

Tools    

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/n...al-1234573387/

"Universal Pictures is remaking “The Night of the Hunter,” a 1955 film adaptation based on the novel by Davis Grubb.

Matt Orton (“Operation Finale”) is penning the script. Though little is known about the new project, it is expected to be a contemporary version of the original thriller, rather than a period piece.

Peter Gethers will produce alongside Amy Pascal, who will produce through her Universal-based Pascal Pictures. Universal’s senior VP of production Jay Polidoro will oversee the project on behalf of the studio."

The original is one of my favorites. One of the darkest Hollywood movies of the time, with a legendary villain, and a great atmosphere with beautiful B&W cine (especially going down the river). Without those elements, I think the plot itself is a good but unexceptional thriller story. Because of that, I don’t have too much faith in a remake, but I’m interested.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
My reaction...

...it will only work if they pick someone who is insane and talented...

...like Joaquin Phoenix.

...postscript, I love doing the dot,dot,dot thing.

My reaction...

...it will only work if they pick someone who is insane and talented...

...like Joaquin Phoenix.

...postscript, I love doing the dot,dot,dot thing.
I like that thought, but it’s very, very unlikely than even Joaquin can top/match the original.

The original is one of my favorites. One of the darkest Hollywood movies of the time, with a legendary villain, and a great atmosphere with beautiful B&W cine (especially going down the river). Without those elements, I think the plot itself is a good but unexceptional thriller story. Because of that, I don’t have too much faith in a remake, but I’m interested.

I've been meaning to watch it for the longest time, but never got around to it. You just piqued my interest again with that description. I'm watching it tonight! At the very latest some time this week.