Most Surprising ending

Tools    

Probably the most surprising ending for a movie that I've seen is Arlington Road with Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins. Didn't see that coming. Also Die Hard is a good one where the guy you think is dead comes back and the cop who'll "never pull his gun again" kills him. AWESOME!
And found he was eating his shoe.

Put me in your pocket...
At the moment...

Adaptation~ The ending made me hate this movie.
The Hours~ Interesting circle. Didn't see it coming.
The Spitfire Grill~ Un-expected tearjearker.
Raise the Red Lantern~ Un-expected tearjearker.
Happy Times~ Un-expected tearjearker.

The Blair Witch Project has one of the greatest surprise endings I've ever seen. But my choice for #1 would have to be the ending of Man on the Moon, I can't believe that Andy Capp guy dies!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Frailty… that one had me guessing a few times... and the ending was really twisted...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Frailty… that one had me guessing a few times... and the ending was really twisted...
That's one of the movies where I read it like a book, but then The Others tricked me and hardly anyone else.

Basic - Holy crap...
Fallen - Wow...

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Dead Again comes to mind...twice.

On a more recent note, the ending of Kill Bill was very surprising (in a very good way I might add).

I'll add some more later.

Identity had me all messed up....

and I am constantly having to explain it to customers who bring it back.. LOL

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Not a really surprising conclusion, but I can't praise enough the TV movie Jack the Ripper (1988) for the way it tied it up. Even though I know who Jack was, it had me guessing until the very last second....it was a beautifully constructed ending. I'm off topic....

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Oodishon (Audition), Takashi Miike lulls you to sleep, then hits you with a brick.

The ending of SE7EN...

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Night of the Living Dead for me... let's see... what else...

1. Friday the 13th
2. Signs
3. Star Wars Episodes 1&2 (Episode 1 at first I thought ended two quick; at the end of episode 2, it ended in a cliffhanger (kind of) which made me want to see more.)
4. The Lord of the Rings
5. Pirates of the Carribean (Don't know why on this one- I just like it)

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Night of the Living Dead
Wow...forgot that one. Classic.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Wow...forgot that one. Classic.
Indeed it is classic, but the ending made me mad in a way. All that work for nothing. I still LOVE the movie.

Only for the weak
Night of the Living Dead doesn't come to mind when I think 'suprise endings' but I guess it is a good choice.

Seven was pretty good, there was tons of things I was thinking that could happen, but I never guessed what did.

I See You When You're Sleeping
hmmm....at the end of Big Trouble in Little China, Kurt Russel doesn't take the girl!

Didn't see it.
Arlington Road
Frailty
The Others
Sixth Sense
No Way Out
Basic
Kill Bill

The two that shocked me the most of the group were Arlington Road and No Way Out. No Way Out was the first one that I remember with a big shock ending.

Didn't see it.
I almost forgot Jacob's Ladder. That one was great.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Posse the Bruce Dern and Kirk Douglas movie has the ending that floored me the most. Totally unexpected and I've never seen a movie have an ending quite like it before. I hear there's a Klaus Kinski spaghetti western with an ending very similar. I can't remember the name of it but I know I haven't seen it.

Lilith also had an ending that hit me right in the face pretty hard. I don't know if it was surprising though because we saw it coming but it still had a huge impact.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Delirious and deluded
I'd have to say Frailty really suprised me. It is one of my favorite movies. They did SUCH a good job with it...