The Day of the Jackal

→ in
Tools    

this movie is a masterpiece. Some really interesting trivia
1) This movie has a unique way of setting up the scenes and the intentions. You have scenes which take 4-5 minutes of set up like the ending public appearance of prime minister.
2) Director wanted this movie have an unknown as the jackal which in today's Hollywood is anything but possible.
3) Its a multi country production on an unknown actor which is very inspiring. The director trusted his vision so much that he didn't want an actor like Robert Redford/jack Nicholson to carry the movie or make it memorable. Very often directors are forced to cast stars to get the budget for the movies. But in those days there are just too many great directors that all of them couldn't get stars and there was so much money in movies..so they let filmmakers choose whom they want in the movies.

How the heck did this goverment agent know what to ask and who to ask about who s in the houses around, it doesn t make sense aswell that he missed the shot by the president nod of the head, for me this brings the movie down quite a lot

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've only seen the Bruce Willis remake. Which isn't very good.

Suspect's Reviews

I've only seen the Bruce Willis remake. Which isn't very good.
The trying out the big gun scene blew my very young mind.