IM NEW (Introducing My Self)

Tools    

Hi my name is Josh Dean
I am new and wanted to just introduce myself and let you know a bit about me.

I was born on 2nd Of July 1992 and have been a lover of movies my whole life, I spent a lot of time in the hospital due to health issues and the thing that got me through one day to the next was a good movie. I would watch classics like Toy Story, Lion King, Batman and as I grew up I still would love my childhood movies but my taste switch to horror with Freddy and Jason and movies like Phantom Of The Opera, or my favorite action hero Jackie Chan.

I studied film and tv production for 4 years at college and even now have a diploma in the field. I have made a handful of short films in my time and even been in front of the camera playing the role of a Doctor in my short film Baby's Breath.

My DVD collection is huge and I go through phases where I must own every copy and version so atm I have and this is no lie.
- Every Phantom Of The Opera/Phantom Related Movie (Chinese, Japan, versions)
- I also own every Jackie Chan movie ever made including one when he was only 6 years old
- Plus I have every Batman, Tv Series and movie too.
The rest of my DVDS are just your normal favorites like Evil Dead, Star Wars and anything else I like.

I can't wait to meet you guys and talk about movies that people like and dislike and read other users reviews. I write reviews too and I did post in the review part of this site a review on a Phantom Of The Opera movie (I have a lot of Phantom Reviews and would love to share them with you all)

Below is a screenshot of my scene from Babys Breath as Doctor John Smith hope you like it

Catch ya

Hi Josh and welcome . On the subject of different versions of films I was intrigued to see the Doctor Who TV Movie amongst your favourites and it reminded me that cuts were made to it prior to broadcast due to the Dunblane massacre. It was some time before a version of the movie was broadcast in the UK with the shootout scene intact, and probably quite a surprise for watching fans.

Hi Josh and welcome . On the subject of different versions of films I was intrigued to see the Doctor Who TV Movie amongst your favourites and it reminded me that cuts were made to it prior to broadcast due to the Dunblane massacre. It was some time before a version of the movie was broadcast in the UK with the shootout scene intact, and probably quite a surprise for watching fans.
I didnt not know that You learn somthin new everyday... Thank you for that info

Welcome.

I see you're a fan of the Dune miniseries, I am too. Ever since I first saw it I've had a thing for Saskia Reeves
To me that mini series is the only version of Dune I will watch

The most loathsome of all goblins
The only thing I don't like about it is how they portray the Emperor. In the novel he's a gruff no-nonsense individual who wears a military uniform. For some reason in the miniseries they turn him into a eurotrash dandy in a dress. Weird

Welcome aboard

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I didnt not know that You learn somthin new everyday... Thank you for that info
You're welcome .

Welcome.

I see you're a fan of the Dune miniseries, I am too. Ever since I first saw it I've had a thing for Saskia Reeves
Clearly you're on my wavelength Blix — I had a thing for Saskia Reeves but a while before that, around the time of Close My Eyes and Butterfly Kiss. I was surprised to see her recently, along with Mark Strong, playing Americans in Mindscape.

The only thing I don't like about it is how they portray the Emperor. In the novel he's a gruff no-nonsense individual who wears a military uniform. For some reason in the miniseries they turn him into a eurotrash dandy in a dress. Weird
José Ferrer was great in the film. They gave the miniseries a more Arabian look than the colonial/World War appearance of Lynch's version – which I think was a great fit.

I liked the miniseries too. Alec Newman was really good and he actually made Paul quite scary as his powers become more noticeable; I remember one moment where he's talking to Jessica. That's something that definitely carried on with James McAvoy in Children of Dune.