The 12th Hall of Fame

Tools    

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTELL

I`ve seen this a couple of times on tv.its Really quirky,and weird and fast moving. I love the surroundings,the hotel is amazing-would be a great set for a horror
The whole Looks of the movie is amazing. The cast is obviously incredible-its got basically everyone.except Britney-which is a minus but you cant have everything But Ralph Fiennes is one of my favourite actors,hes just incredible.First time I saw this I kind of stumbled upon it midway when i was channelsurfing.I couldnt get a hold of what it was,because im so used to seeing Ralph in dramas.Apart from the looks of it,the dialogue is probably my favourite thing,so witty.Learning all those lines and having to perform them so fast must have been difficult.Im not really one to take notice of who actually made the movies,but with the last HOF there was some talk about the same one,and because of that I will add that this is definitely my favourite Wes Anderson movie.I dont really have alot of complaint the only thing is that because of its fastpace and for me personally,because its a comedy,you feel like youre on the outside looking in,insted of feeling like you`re a part of it.A bit disconnected in a way.I dont know if that makes any sense,however I did still really enjoy the movie

Y Tu Mamá También (Alfonso Cuarón, 2001)
Imdb

Date Watched: 1/8/17
Cinema or Home: Home
Reason For Watching: 12th HOF, Camo's nomination
Rewatch: No

I really didn't know what to expect from this film going in and my previous experiences with Cuarón films have been... well, not especially memorable. Unfortunately, this wasn't an exception.

But that doesn't mean I hated it and really there's nothing actually wrong with it. From a visual standpoint, I thought the film was really beautiful which seems to be par for the course with Cuarón. The rich, earthy tones fit well with the mood and the setting and there were some very interesting shots, particularly the swimming scenes. I also appreciated the themes of death, love, betrayal, and discovery. The performances were all solid as well.

However, the constant narration really took me out of the film and I found Tenoch and Julio to be far more irritating than endearing. Ultimately I respected Y Tu Mamá También far more than I enjoyed it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
WOW talk about a whirlwind of activity!!
Let's see if I can play catch up. . .

um, yes, cats ARE cute.

Can't even possibly jump into, what is it, like 12 reviews already in one weekend?? Though a lot of great write ups and some great peeks into movies I've not heard of. Definitely gonna check out Clazor's nom IN French.
For those who watched Budapest and enjoyed it, YAY
Seen a few for Withnail & I, I'm actually 3/4 through, rather enjoying it. Takes me back to those space cadet Eighties daze, so I'll be writing one for it in the next day or so.

and to finally answer royal, or camo's alt, or-- I give up, new guy; Enjoyed the first time I saw your Nom about a year or two ago; big fan of Korean movies and looking forward to a Rewatch!

Annnd, WELCOME TO THE PARTY, Silent Vamp! An excellent nom with Midnight Run. Been a decade or more since I last saw it, Gonna be great to finally see it again.

And for the bits I forgot about: my bad

anyway. . .

No, it's a modern adaptation of the book. It's not a very good movie but has a lot of naked scenes with one of the hottest portuguese actresses, so of course I went to watch it in the cinema when I was like 15
LOL im sure you did
I read somewhere that it was a parody so i never gave it a chance. Thanks for clearing that up,i will definitely watch it now though.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Casablanca

Now, this a big favorite of mine with countless rewatches and a guaranteed high ranking in the coming 40's List.
It's pretty impossible to pinpoint specific reasons for my love for this movie and far too easy to go on and on and on about it.
There are an absolute array of favorite scenes and quotes; dialogue, characters (from the main all the way down to extras), the music, the cinematic and technical aspects and so forth. This movie ALWAYS puts a smile on my face and I relish sitting through it every single time.

I try to stay away from Spoilers so I will attempt to keep this to generalities.
Starting with the Cast, it does have a very powerful list and each of them really bring an assortment of nuance and brilliance to their characters. From the short screen time of Peter Lorre and Greenstreet to Claude Rains' Capt. Renault who's suave, cavalier corruption is an absolute joy to behold. To the love triangle of Bogart, Bergman and Henreid, which is done very well. To the dangerous Conrad Veidt's Maj. Strasser, whom I think was not used to his full potential, but still. There are also minor characters such as Carl played by S Z Sakall who is just f@ckin delightful, to the Pickpocket who warns his victims to beware of the citizens of Casablanca and the rampant thievery.
There is SO MUCH going on during this movie and, while in so many other movies would cause a chaotic mess, there is an incredible and beautiful blend as you maneuver through all the minor stories that are woven within the greater, lead storylines.
There is laughter, there is intrigue, there is betrayal and double-dealings and all done with a great nonchalance that I find utterly delightful.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Am I the only one who rates the films on these things??? Iam feeling kind of special right now, and not in a good way!

Am I the only one who rates the films on these things??? Iam feeling kind of special right now, and not in a good way!
I never have but some do. Cricket does, and Raul i think.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I always do. Always have too.