Mulholland Drive

Tools    

I watched this ridiculously acclaimed early 2000's film some months ago, and probably to no one's surprise I couldn't fully understand it the first time around. However, it not having the best rewatch factor and me not having much time on my hands, I decided to troll the internet for answers about the film, and remember reading a few different interpretations.

For those who did see it, what was you initial reaction and what was your interpretation of that puzzling and seemingly abrupt final act?

What are some of your favorite movies, Hisoka?

What are some of your favorite movies, Hisoka?
I'll list them when I update my channel. So you haven't seen Mulholland Drive?

I'll list them when I update my channel. So you haven't seen Mulholland Drive?
No, after Eraserhead, I was pretty thoroughly put off of David Lynch's style. By your description it was a wise decision.

No, after Eraserhead, I was pretty thoroughly put off of David Lynch's style. By your description it was a wise decision.
My own initial reaction was "What the hell did I just watch?!" And to be honest, I can't even begin to describe it. To this day I can't tell if I watched a really good or really bad film, but one scene in particular gave me the biggest scare I've had in a while, and it's not even a horror movie(it kinda was to me though, people talking like aliens and an uneasy soundtrack in a lot of scenes to build tension)

My own initial reaction was "What the hell did I just watch?!" And to be honest, I can't even begin to describe it. To this day I can't tell if I watched a really good or really bad film, but one scene in particular gave me the biggest scare I've had in a while, and it's not even a horror movie(it kinda was to me though, people talking like aliens and an uneasy soundtrack in a lot of scenes to build tension)
Sounds like Eraserhead alright.

One of my most mysterious intriguing and disturbinfmg movies ever a film that continuously puts the word mysterious to shame clearly the dreamy nature of the film is because it trying to show u what is goinfmg inside naomi watts head as a non successful actress in hollywood and a pure definition of hollywood satire this movie is absolute top 5 all time movies to me

A system of cells interlinked
In my top 3 favorite films of all time. I used to watch it once a week. I haven't seen it in a while, though. I think it's time!

One of my most mysterious intriguing and disturbinfmg movies ever a film that continuously puts the word mysterious to shame clearly the dreamy nature of the film is because it trying to show u what is goinfmg inside naomi watts head as a non successful actress in hollywood and a pure definition of hollywood satire this movie is absolute top 5 all time movies to me
I honestly figured that much. But I'm still unsure about certain aspects.. like for example, the creepy restaurant scene(oddly enough my favorite scene), how did it contribute to the story and what was the hidden meaning there?