ANIMATRIX!! What is up with that!!!

Tools    

Ok someone has to have thought the same as I did.... That the Animatrix Was bascially the Final Flight of the Osiris? Please tell me I am not the only one..
I mean every time I looked that was the only seen advertised....
I was really hoping that it was just going to be like Final Fantasy the Spirit within... I was not happy and some of the animation was crappy anyways.... Well it doesn't matter cause I wasn't the one who spent the 30 $ on the DVD thank god!!!!

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

I thought it was pretty good all the way through. Final Flight of the Osirus was actually one of the weaker shorts that I saw. The animation almost saved it.

You found? I liked it the only thing that bothered me was that the Characters weren't developped enough...

The shorts were like 10 minutes in length at the most, weren't they? I can't imagine them having much time for character development. Bottomline, you'll only like them if you are really interested in the backstory of The Matrix, and I admit to having a soft spot for both of them.

Hi
Yeah that's why i bought it, because I loved the Matrix world. They used Final Flight just to attract those unfamiliar with it but that is kinda ironic. A kid's story was cleverly integrated with Reloaded because it solved the question of "Where the hell did the kid come from?"

Im not a huge fan of the matrix films, there pretty good rip offs of the HK action films with a Dark City story. I am however a massive Anime/Manga fan a long with just about anything animated and I thoroughly enjoyed the Animatrix.

As 9 twilight zone like tales are visually told by soem of teh best Animators of Anime in the world. For me DETECTIVE STORY was the best, helmed by the makers of COWBOY BEBOP with a noir feel.

Second would be MATRICULATED bought to us by the director of AEON FLUX its a visual delight witha n interesting scenario and satisfying conclusion. Then probably KID STORY or THE PROGRAM which is made by the guys who did NINJA SCROLL

Either way I think this has a lot to offer fans of animation in general wether they are fans of teh films or not they work as stand alone works by some of the best in the world telling tales with a twist.

I think you are all right with the points you make but I was still dissappointed with this..... I really liked the Final Fantasy look they had going on.... and the fact that there wasn't enough time to develop the characters to there full potential was not a wise decision on the Creates part.....I hope they end up Creating something like that as a full out movie.....

I didn't pay $30 for The Animatrix I just broke open the packet and put the DVD in my pocket.

I have to say the Animatrix was beautiful, great graphics and colours, half the time you dont know whats happening but its great in my opinion. It would have taken alot of work.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
The Animatrix was shown on TV in the UK the week before the release of the DVD, which I think was just stupid. If you're trying to sell a DVD you don't screen the entire thing on TV before it's release

Originally posted by BloodSport
I didn't pay $30 for The Animatrix I just broke open the packet and put the DVD in my pocket.

ive came to the conclusion that u are in fact a complete ********, u theiving little ****e.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally posted by sphericthor
The Animatrix was shown on TV in the UK the week before the release of the DVD, which I think was just stupid. If you're trying to sell a DVD you don't screen the entire thing on TV before it's release
I think almost all the people on this thread have no idea of what The Animatrix actually is.

The Animatrix is a collection of NINE short films created by the Wachowski (Sp?) brothers which are spin-off's from the films. Flight of the Osiris is just one of the nine short films, and it is involved in the plot for Matrix Reloaded. Channel 5 in the UK only played this Animatrix and none of the other ones on TV. Before Animatrix was released on DVD, Four of them were available to download from the website and Flight of the Osiris was shown at the beginning of the diabolical trash that is Dreamcatcher when it was relased at the cinema. To see the other four you had to BUY the DVD....which i did (Unlike Bloodsport who sounds UBER cool ), and found it very entertaining.

Well I would have still got The Animatrix DVD because its alot better on DVD, than it is video recording.

I paid around $20 for it (canadian). That seems to be the lowest price in stores (I got it at Walmart). I enjoyed most of the little films. Fortunately, I knew they were little 10 minute pieces and not one big film.

Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with it.

Never conform, never compromise....
The Animatrix was a great movie, with great diversity in the animation from some great directors and artists. I personally, am a huge Matrix fan (loved both movies so far along with the Animatrix) and i lave Japanese Anime (With such classics as Akira and Ghost in the Shell). I really enjoyed how the movie, with its nine short films, showed much more aspects of the Matrix as a real world then one long movie porbably could have. As to those of you who thought it was one long film, did you even LOOK at the back of the box, which shows the titles of all NINE FILMS that are The Animatrix. Either way, to those who did not enjoy it, you are welcome to your opinion and I respect them, but I personally, thought it was a very well done, entertaing and informative (about the world of the Matrix and the depth of its creation by the Wachowski brothers) film.

As to BloodSport, what kind of wannabe thug can't spend $30 on a movie...and then thinks he should go brag about it on the forum...trully pathetic
- Corey Taylor (2002)

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Originally posted by blibblobblib

I think almost all the people on this thread have no idea of what The Animatrix actually is.

Channel 5 in the UK only played this Animatrix and none of the other ones on TV.
Let me correct you on this one!

Five did show 5 episodes of The Animatrix (Including Final Flight) each of these were not available to download from the official site, therefore I have seen all 9 episodes of The Animatrix without spending any money.

Lets put a smile on that block

Let me correct you on this one!

Five did show 5 episodes of The Animatrix (Including Final Flight) each of these were not available to download from the official site, therefore I have seen all 9 episodes of The Animatrix without spending any money.
Do you come from mainland UK? Because if your talking about channel 5, the horrible new channel that most of the country have trouble accessing, showing the 5 unseen animatrix's including Flight of the Osiris im not sure youve got your facts right. Channel 5 would not have had the permission to show the other four animatrix's, thats just pointless, the public have to buy the DVD to see them. Maybe they showed the downloadable ones like The second Renaissance and Programme but i doubt they showed the four un-released ones. When i watched it on channel 5 they only showed Osiris and that was it. Very strange...

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Do you come from mainland UK? Because if your talking about channel 5, the horrible new channel that most of the country have trouble accessing, showing the 5 unseen animatrix's including Flight of the Osiris im not sure youve got your facts right. Channel 5 would not have had the permission to show the other four animatrix's, thats just pointless, the public have to buy the DVD to see them. Maybe they showed the downloadable ones like The second Renaissance and Programme but i doubt they showed the four un-released ones. When i watched it on channel 5 they only showed Osiris and that was it. Very strange...
Um, it may sound pointless, but they definitely showed at least two - coz i saw Osiris (rah, you can see their pores!), and another one which looked like Cowboy-Bebop style animation, so it might well have been "detective story". Um, was quite drunk when i saw that one so i can't remember much/anything about the story

Still, I live on the mainland, so they must have shown at least two on 5. The one I'm unsure about was on pretty late i think.

Oh and bloodsport, your a tit a twat and, ok we need some male genitalia, a prick n'all. If you want to watch decent stuff you've got to fund the artists. Try to cut out the middle man by all means - new and evolving distribution systems might one (very brief?) day facilitate this - but for fecks sake man, if you liked it, pay for it. And don't come whining when any attempts you make to do something creative meet with zero funding and success. Alright wideboy?

Do you know my poetry?
I loved the Animatrix series, 9 short films in which 4 were written by the Wachowski Brothers.I liked how Final Flight of the osiris was related to the Matrix Reloaded and how the Animation was.The second renensence part 1 and 2 were my favorite one, explained how the war against man and machine started, a Kid's story is related to the Matrix Reloaded how that annoying kid in the movie was following neo.All the other shorts were not as good as these but still worth watching.I am sorry to say that the last short sucked.But this is a good series to add to the Matrix series.

im not a huge anime fan in any way shape or form.. but i found the animatrix very enjoyable. the biggest selling factor in my mind was the diversity of the animations, the artists renditions of each short. its like sitting a group of people down with pencils and tell each to draw what it feels like to be angry ..each one is going to come out with something completely different. i especially liked the one with the kid on the skateboard running out of class(i dont remember the names).. the animation in that was very interesting to see.