Glenn Frey, Founding member of The Eagles is dead at 67

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sadly, the news is reporting that Glenn Frey has died.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/18...frey-dead-dies

Eagles' founding member Glenn Frey dies at 67

Posted January 18 2016 — 5:16 PM EST

Guitarist Glenn Frey, a founding member of the legendary classic rock band the Eagles, died Monday of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia, a note on the band’s official website confirmed. He was 67.

Oh my Goodness. Honeykid just nominated "The Heat is On" in Song Tournament 14. It was beat in the first round by that stupid "Hooked on a Feeling."

We've killed him. R.I.P.

Heartbreaking! I love The Eagles and Glenn's solo material was really good.

It's been a tough year for the world of entertainment so far this year. And we're only in January.

R.I.P. Glenn

Heartbreaking! I love The Eagles and his solo material was really good.

It's been a tough year for the world of entertainment so far this year. And we're only in January.

R.I.P. Glenn

Yeah I know what you mean.. Im a fan of the Eagles as well... and this video was very popular when I was in high school....

whoa, this is weird. yesterday i was listening to an old episode of U Talkin' U2 2 Me and jimmy pardo and adam scott were talking about the history of the eagles documentary and how the band threw don felder under the bus for everything, and jimmy said he had thought that nobody in the music industry could be a worse person than don henley, but then it turned out glenn frey was much worse.

still, this is a terrible start to the year and he was way too young. rip
criticker

This recent string of deaths is putting into sharp perspective how old the people of my parents' generation are becoming and how fragile life is.

True! It makes you want to hug your parents and tell them how much you really love them.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
RIP Glenn Frey.... I'm so glad I saw them last year, day before my birthday..

I haven't gotten over David Bowie yet... My concert days are almost over..

This recent string of deaths is putting into sharp perspective how old the people of my parents' generation are becoming and how fragile life is.
Life's always been fragile. You and your parents and everyone else have been lucky to live as long as they have. People everyday die at various ages, from the day they were born to 100 years old. Anyone you know could be dead tomorrow. You just never know for sure.

People forget that this man is a legend. He is the founder of one of the greatest rock bands ever. To this day, The Eagles hold the record for best selling album in the US (Their Greatest Hits album keeps switching spots with Michael Jackson's Thriller).

Glenn Frey is the equivalent of John Lennon, Jimmy Page, or Keith Richards.

I'm thinking about posting my Top Eagles Songs as a way to commemorate Mr. Frey.

Life's always been fragile. You and your parents and everyone else have been lucky to live as long as they have. People everyday die at various ages, from the day they were born to 100 years old. Anyone you know could be dead tomorrow. You just never know for sure.
I'm aware of that. I could die today. My parents could die today. But these recent celebrity deaths have made living in denial about nearly impossible.

She's just scared her Tom Petty is in the waiting line.

And guess what? He is.

She's just scared her Tom Petty is in the waiting line.

And guess what? He is.
Yes, I've thought about the fact that Tom Petty, Lindsey Buckingham, Eric Clapton, Bob Seger and other artists I love are about that same age.

But what worries me far more is that my father is 67. He had a stroke last year, thankfully a minor one and he's doing much better now, but it was a stroke all the same. He also had a heart attack when I was high school.