The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair

Tools    

As of March of this year, so far the only thing known is the screenwriter David Magee (Life of Pi, Finding Neverland, Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day). And it is tentatively scheduled for an initial release date of sometime in 2016. Although dates are subject to change obviously, because in this case nothing in production has even started yet.

The film is in script stages and that goes through many stages as well. So the film may take a while. Especially since this film was supposed to have come out many years ago.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair is based on the fourth book published in C.S. Lewis’ famed fantasy series. The first three Narnia films combined have grossed over $1.6 billion at the worldwide box office. The book, which features the return of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader's Eustace Scrubb (played by Will Poulter in the 2010 adaotation), is described as follows:

Through dangers untold and caverns deep and dark, a noble band of friends is sent to rescue a prince held captive. But their mission to Underland brings them face-to-face with an evil more beautiful and more deadly than they ever expected.

Eustace Scrubb, Jill Pole, and Puddleglum set off on a journey to the land north of Narnia in order to rescue King Caspian's stolen son, Rilian.

I hope this is better than the other ones. This is one of the two most cinematic books, by far (the other obviously being Dawn Treader), and it'd be nice to see at least one Narnia film that meets my (admittedly high) expectations.

I hope this is better than the other ones. This is one of the two most cinematic books, by far (the other obviously being Dawn Treader), and it'd be nice to see at least one Narnia film that meets my (admittedly high) expectations.
I don't think that's ever going to happen Yoda. What goes on inside your head in a much loved book or series of books is never going to be represented on screen. I don't think so anyway

In the Beginning...
Sounds like a "reboot" of sorts is happening, but the next film is still The Silver Chair. I do hope they consider keeping Will Poulter in the role of Eustace Scrubb (provided he still wants it). That guy is a seriously talented actor and he turned in a truly endearing performance as Eustace. Easily one of the best parts of Dawn Treader.

Here's the article.

Chronicles of Narnia film series rebooting with The Silver Chair

The Silver Chair is coming to the silver screen.

TriStar Pictures has announced that it’s bring C.S. Lewis’s beloved Chronicles of Narnia series back to theaters, beginning with Lewis’s 1953 novel The Silver Chair. TriStar, a division of Sony, is teaming up with The Mark Gordon Company, The C.S. Lewis Company, and eOne on the story, which will be adapted by Life of Pi screenwriter David Magee.

Previously, Lewis’s books were adapted into 2005’s The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and 2008’s Prince Caspian, both distributed by Disney and starring William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, Skandar Keynes, and Georgie Henley as the four Pevensie siblings. 20th Century Fox released 2010’s The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which saw the return of Lucy (Henley), Edmund (Keynes), and Prince Caspian (Ben Barnes), as well as the introduction of Will Poulter as Eustace Scrubb.

In the novel, The Silver Chair tells the story of Eustace’s second trip to Narnia, accompanied by his classmate Jill Pole. After running from bullies at school, the two find themselves in Narnia, where the lion Aslan tasks them with finding and rescuing the missing Prince Rillian, son of King Caspian and the rightful heir to the Narnian throne.

It has yet to be seen whether Poulter will be returning as Eustace or whether Liam Neeson will once again voice Aslan, but according to TriStar, The Silver Chair’s new creative team plans to “tackle the continuing story with a fresh approach to capture a broad global audience.”

In all, Lewis penned seven novels in the series, beginning with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe in 1950. His stepson, Douglas Gresham, is on board as a producer of The Silver Chair.

i looooove narnia,i watched the old tv series back last christmas lol it has not aged well,but i have such fond memories of watching it when i was younger. didnt care for the newer versions.
i dont know,maybe now that im an adult i have trouble with kids being the leads.

This is one of my all time favorite fantasies (the other being Harry Potter, and if you count it, Dune). I only saw The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and loved it. I can't see how this can go wrong since it addopts Lewis' novel.

Can't wait for this movie to come out.

i looooove narnia,i watched the old tv series back last christmas lol it has not aged well,but i have such fond memories of watching it when i was younger.
You mean this one?

If so, yeah, I watched it growing up and loved it. Even have it on DVD now! But you're right, it doesn't hold up well, at least not technically. And the actress who plays The White Witch completely hams it up. But it's still oddly charming and fun to watch. In some ways it got the feel of the story a lot better than the newer films.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Sounds like a "reboot" of sorts is happening, but the next film is still The Silver Chair. I do hope they consider keeping Will Poulter in the role of Eustace Scrubb (provided he still wants it). That guy is a seriously talented actor and he turned in a truly endearing performance as Eustace. Easily one of the best parts of Dawn Treader.
I was hoping they would finish these up. I would like to see them all done. But I bet they replace Will Poulter because he is a little bit older for the part now.