We just switched to a CDN

Tools    

You don't need to know what this means or anything, but this morning we've added a CDN (Content Delivery Network) to the site. There's no visible change--it's behind the scenes stuff that should help assets load faster, cache more efficiently, etc.

I'm starting this thread so people have a place to post about any weirdness or problems they experience as a result. Though there's probably, like, a 2% chance anything will go wrong.

Preemptively, so we don't get false bug reports:

Things almost certainly not related to the switch: site a little slow for a bit, site hangs momentarily, etc.

Things that could be related to the switch: basic functions not working, images not loading correctly.

I just made a post and then clicked a link and got this, I wasn't offline and it wasn't my server or modem. I've never seen this before. I restarted the browser and MoFo was there again.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	offline.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	21702  

Thanks very much. That is, indeed, related to the CDN. It might just have been a momentary outage--please let me know if it happens again. If it starts happening with any kind of even moderate frequency, I can look into it and possibly adjust some of the settings.

The People's Republic of Clogher
For one blissful second I thought that the site had affiliated itself with CND.

The People's Republic of Clogher
If they can shave a quarter-second off our load times I probably would.
I think if we told them that we wanted the site to be nuclear they'd picket your house.

For a year.

I just now had the same error that Citizen posted a picture of.

It will probably happen every night around 3:15 AM EST. This site used to have an outage around 4:30-5:00 AM every night before you got the new server a year or so ago.

I must be asleep when you get that issue. I keep my account logged in and have a short cut on my toolbar.... not sure if that helps or not..

if something comes up, I will post here.

I must be asleep when you get that issue. I keep my account logged in and have a short cut on my toolbar.... not sure if that helps or not..
I do the same thing on my home computer, but still got the error.

Thanks for the updates. I'm in bed sick today so I might not be able to follow up on this for a day or two.
Take care of yourself. MoFo is working right now. It can wait a day or two.