Grace of Monaco

→ in
Tools    

Did you watch this movie? and what do you think about it?

Haven't seen it myself, but it's been hammered by everyone who has.

Premiered at Cannes and received "overwhelmingly negative reviews".
Someone said that Kidman does nothing but pose badly and then goes "pantomime funny" in other scenes.

It's also been labelled as the worst film to ever appear at Cannes.

Kidman is a crap actress anyway. Surprised she was chosen to play the role of such a loved person in the first place.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Kidman was good in The Hours, but Streep and Moore were actually better. She was ok in Eyes Wide Shut I suppose, but I didn't like the film.

Like Diana from last year, I'll probably skip this one mainly because I had high hopes that have been shattered once released.

Yeah, apparently the director of Diana was devastated by the reviews he received.

Diana, one of the most beloved women in History and they make a film that was labelled as "something the Daily Mail would make"

I love Grace Kelly myself... most beautiful actress ever and they churn out what turns out to be crap like this.

Maybe this is a wakeup call for filmmakers to stop the butchery.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Yeah, you see that's what kills me. Grace Kelly is legendary. So we make a film about her and it's terrible? Kind of kills the MOJO Grace has going for her if you see it.

It's particularly remarkable that the two directors who attempted these two princess movies were actually quite critically acclaimed (especially Oliver Hirschbiegel). It seems to be very difficult to make a satisfying picture about a beloved monarchic pop icon.

Haven't seen it myself, but it's been hammered by everyone who has.

Premiered at Cannes and received "overwhelmingly negative reviews".
Someone said that Kidman does nothing but pose badly and then goes "pantomime funny" in other scenes.

It's also been labelled as the worst film to ever appear at Cannes.

Kidman is a crap actress anyway. Surprised she was chosen to play the role of such a loved person in the first place.
Even worse then the Cannes cut of The Brown Bunny? That should say something, THAT was pretty notorious! Even sparked some press back and forth between Ebert and the director Vincent Gallo.

One of the main reasons I loved Rear Window was Grace Kelly.

It's a great film, but Kelly adds something incredible to that film. It's hard to say what she had... I think a modern term is "X Factor"... but even that doesn't sum up what Grace had.

Poor Nicole, bad choice... She's generally so good elsewhere.