Best British actor

Tools    

Who in your opinion is the best British actor?
http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-li...rs-of-all-time

Christian Bale , Ewan Mcgregor , Hugo Weaving and Malcolm Mcdowell

all my favorite british actors .

Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Anthony Hopkins have all proved themselves...

... but I think the best actor right now, is Tom Hardy. The guy has come from nowhere, he won a modelling contract in the late 90s, made a handful of bitparts in films and has played secondary characters in many films, Black Hawk Down, TDKR, Lawless, Trek Nemesis.

The only full on lead he's had is Bronson... and he rocked it better than anyone could possible have hoped.
Looking forward to his second full on leading role: Mad Max Fury Road.

I've seen a lot of "best" actors do really badly, Hopkins in Zorro, Bale's role in Equilibrium was mediocre, Oldman wasn't great in a number of things... have you ever seen Hardy do a role badly?

Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Anthony Hopkins have all proved themselves...

... but I think the best actor right now, is Tom Hardy. The guy has come from nowhere, he won a modelling contract in the late 90s, made a handful of bitparts in films and has played secondary characters in many films, Black Hawk Down, TDKR, Lawless, Trek Nemesis.

The only full on lead he's had is Bronson... and he rocked it better than anyone could possible have hoped.
Looking forward to his second full on leading role: Mad Max Fury Road.

I've seen a lot of "best" actors do really badly, Hopkins in Zorro, Bale's role in Equilibrium was mediocre, Oldman wasn't great in a number of things... have you ever seen Hardy do a role badly?
Really liked him in the 2009 tv adaption of Wuthering Heights. That's where I first saw him. Looking forward to 'Child 44' with him and Oldman (again!)

I can't believe Sean Bean is on that list... the guy is awful. Best role was Boromir... the rest, ugh.

Jude Law is cack in everything I've seen
Simon Pegg always plays the same role. Funny, but always the same.
Hugh Grant can't act at all.
James McAvoy shouldn't be on a "Best" list. He's good, just not great.
Sean Connery always plays the same role as well. No range.

Soon we won't be able to class Sean Connery in a Best British list anyway...

Scotland is after independence.

Richard Harris is Irish not British, as is Brendan Gleeson.

What a weird description of Ben Kingsley's birthplace:
Snainton
Borough of Scarborough
United Kingdom, with Dependencies and Territories
Yorkshire and the Humber

I love Anthony Hopkins. I loved that Aronofsky let him keep his beautiful Welsh lilt in his role as Methuselah in Noah

Rowan Atkinson guys!

Past his prime for me.

He was great in the 80s and early 90s with Blackadder... since then he's become too scripted and goes to far toward either the barmy old guy routine or just does his Mr Bean thing over and over again which is just boring now.

Well that's a shame. To me he'll always be up there as one of my favourite British actors/comedians. Although I do see your point I do think that he still has it in him and I think he should give us one more blackadder, one more character but take it back to his old ways