The Conjuring, scary or not ?

→ in
Tools    

Is The Conjuring scary or was it just a movie about Ed and Lorraine Warren ? did you enjoy the horror or just happy to see the Warrens have their own movie ?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep 21 The Conjuring Movie Review.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	12039  

A system of cells interlinked
No movie scares me, but this flick had some tense scenes that were shot and delivered really well, IMO. Ending fell off a bit, but I liked this one well enough. Definitely worth a watch if a fan of horror flicks.

No movie scares me, but this flick had some tense scenes that were shot and delivered really well, IMO. Ending fell off a bit, but I liked this one well enough. Definitely worth a watch if a fan of horror flicks.
agreed !

Not scary as I don't believe in ghosts, demons and so on but I still adored the film - an excellent addition to the horror/supernatural genre.

Not scary as I don't believe in ghosts, demons and so on but I still adored the film - an excellent addition to the horror/supernatural genre.
you dont believe in ghost !??? why not ?

Aside from horror movies, in real life, various occult phenomena are a favorite form of entertainment for me. In spite of a number of opportunities, I have never actually experienced anything from beyond. Because of that Ed and Lorraine Warren fascinate me. She seems to have a loose connection to consensual reality but he kept his feet firmly on the ground (where mine are). The Conjuring fit this type of movie fairly well. From what I know of them, it was a fairly good portrayal. As always, some things that happen in flix like this amaze me, like, if I had bought that house, and it had a Hangin' Tree in the back yard, the tree would HAVE to go on day one, whether or not I am a skeptic. The movie was good enough to interest me and scary enough to freak out my wife, so there you go...good as horror movies go.

I think the conjuring was pretty scary but it's lacking in that original content. I prefer scary movies that introduce new scary creatures, not the same, "this house is haunted", or "this guy carries demons."

It wasn't very original but it was all done very well - helped with the fantastic casting.

you dont believe in ghost !??? why not ?
I just don't.

I think the conjuring was pretty scary but it's lacking in that original content. I prefer scary movies that introduce new scary creatures, not the same, "this house is haunted", or "this guy carries demons."
Word up I feel the same way ! I do enjoy the whole hunted house thing if its a demon

It wasn't very original but it was all done very well - helped with the fantastic casting.

I just don't.
Yes very good casting !

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Not scary at all. Bloodless, lame, "oh no, the door slammed!" 2010's horror...I'd rather watch Poltergeist again. This movie reminded me of that, only, you know, Poltergeist was good.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Poltergeist is cool but I didn't find it scary at all tbh. The Conjuring, on the other hand, scared the crap out of me, so Conjuring to me is much better.

Did you watch it all alone, after midnight? I can't imagine it not being scary to you if that's the case. It's like saying Kate Upton hasn't got huge boobs.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Conjuring was a very loud film. It used silence and then loud bumps in the night for much of its scares. While watching, I saw scenes which reminded me of almost every major horror film of the '60s, '70s and early '80s, including The Innocents, The Haunting, The Exorcist, The Omen, The Amityville Horror, The Changeling, The Entity and several more. I still gave it