Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

→ in
Tools    

Hello all,

To my great surprise no one had reviewed this yet....

This movie is a hilarious in it's very own, harassing kind of way. The outfits are so exact products of their time and visual effects are close to things that LSD makes you see... I guess. William Chatner does not know how to act and extras are just running around in the background... Leonard Nimoy on the other hand makes a chilling performance as always. Exactly what I was waiting for. This is actually a good movie if you can see past the year 1979.

I remember when it came out, the visual effects put me to sleep the first the first couple times I watched it. Youre right, Shatner isnt the greatest actor in the world, thats for sure. Altho I saw him in one of his early movies, an old Roger Corman flick called I Hate Your Guts. He played a half-nuts radical who was trying to stir up racial riots in the south. He didnt do too bad a job in that one, he plays a good psycho.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
So Ruthless Critic, when was the last time (other than this film) you had an acid flashback?

So Ruthless Critic, when was the last time (other than this film) you had an acid flashback?
As I said "... I guess". No need to send the DEA after me. But if I'm way off with the parable feel free to chastise me.

A system of cells interlinked
I like the 2002 re-edit that takes out a bit of the drifty "let's stare at the view screen for 20 minutes" section, tightens up the effects (in a subtle way) and overall makes it a better film.