steven seagal vs van damme

Tools    

just watched domolition man and remembered that these to were supposed to be the original cast who do you like the best ,who is the better actor , and who has done the better films ..

Employee of the Month
Van Damme. Did several genres, directed a good movie (The Quest),
JCVD was almost art, his martial arts is superior, he looks better, is still in a better shape, acts a little better, did not take himself so serious, don`t mistreat young woman as far as i know...

lol he aint here tho
Yeah, just messing around hehe. I pick Van Damme though. I really liked JCVD.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Here's my take:

Jean Claude is very flexible, he can kick very high and do groovy splits.

Seagal's Aikido is pretty cool, although it's not really camera-friendly.

For some reason if I had to choose, I'd rather watch Seagal, cause he's more interesting (eccentric, neurotic, etc) to watch.

However, I grew up on Bruce Lee, so both of them seem kind of cheesy and pale in comparison.

Van Damme. Did several genres, directed a good movie (The Quest),
JCVD was almost art, his martial arts is superior, he looks better, is still in a better shape, acts a little better, did not take himself so serious, don`t mistreat young woman as far as i know...
From what I remember, Van Damme had his troubles... he had to enter a drug addiction clinic back in the 90's and was charged with spousal abuse by one or more of his ex's.

I'll still go with Van Damme though... his attitude just comes across better than Stegal's...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Employee of the Month
From what I remember, Van Damme had his troubles... he had to enter a drug addiction clinic back in the 90's and was charged with spousal abuse by one or more of his ex's.
Heroin and cocain, I don`t know about the spuousal abuse and don`t want to defend it, but it`s probably more connected to the drug addiction than to his charakter. But who knows?

Semper Fooey
I pick Van Damme because I liked Time Cop better than any of Seagal's movies, even though the one on the sub was good.

My choice is Van damme. He is more smart and handsome.

This is like choosing between a pile of crap, and a pile of crap with a ponytail.

Agreed!

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
They both have their places. I enjoy both actors and I won't say that I don't. You expect a Seagal movie or a Van Damme movie when you watch both. Sadly they are getting older, and there's less of an audience for this sort of thing when they were in their prime around 88-96, so with recent direct-to-dvd releases the production values of their films have gone down the tube.

I think Van Damme's best films are Time Cop and Hard Target, both of which I saw in the theaters and to this day I still enjoy them. The only Seagal film I saw in the theater was Under Siege which is probably his best movie, followed closely by Glimmer Man I'd say.

Both of them do not have a lot of charisma, but I find Seagal more interesting. I agree with earlsmoviepicks that it is less camera friendly. I think Van Damme has got the better roles, but I'd rather watch Seagal on camera. He does have a certain arrogance about him, and comes off as pretentious, but I like his dialogue delivery for some reason.

Of course I don't know if anyone has seen anything of "Steven Seagal: Lawman" but dear Lord is that man getting fat and out of shape. Not that he ever was in shape... at least not on film.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Semper Fooey
My choice is Van damme. He is more smart and handsome.

He is definitely smart because Americans are suspicious of foreigners, especially with a French accent, and he put an American flag tattoo on his arm.

It's all in the reflexes.
Who said god doesn't answer anyone's prayers Van Damme and Rodman together at last.

But seriously, i don't mind Kickboxer, Bloodsport or Hard Target. The only film i can remember from Steven Seagal is Exit Wounds which was very mediocre.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Seagal

Nico

Hard To Kill

Marked For Death

Out For Justice

Under Siege

On Deadly Ground

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

Executive Decision

The Glimmer Man
+
Fire Down Below