The Weeds thread

Tools    

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
So, I didn't find a thread on weeds, and it is a great show, I have seen 2 seasons now and I love it. what's your opinion about the show, what's your opinion on the legalization of weed?

Share it!

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

A system of cells interlinked
Here is one of my favorite aspects of the show:

The show started off very promising the first year and got even better the second year then has declined in quality over the years. The current season and the last one have felt like a completely different show and have lost a lot of the charm and wit of the first two seasons. I liked it when it was a little more grounded and realistic, the constant over the top plot "surprises" of season 3 really turned me off

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I've seen all but the current season of Weeds thanks to my library. I think it's a fun show. I do think they are on the cusp of losing the heart of it though due to writers stretching to ridiculous lengths for more story.

As for legalizing pot, I'm all for legalizing that which you can't control anyway. I personally can't stand the smell of pot burning and don't feel a need for drugs. (But if I did, I'd go for those baked goods!) I just think it's stupid to have unenforceable laws. At least if it were legal and taxed there would be some money in it for the government.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
At least if it were legal and taxed there would be some money in it for the government.
Yeah, but then a lot of people would be out of a job, there's lots of people who can only count on drugmoney as a "salary"

Greetz
El Prezidente

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok, I just got Showtime, so I'm going to attempt to watch this show via OnDemand. I've got an open mind, going into it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Spud, did you like it?

I'm in the middle of season 2 (also been watching the current season) and it is a lot of fun. I think Doug is such an idiot, lol, and I love Andy and Celia.

I never thought I would see an explanation of masturbation presented so clearly on TV.

You know, I haven't smoked pot in a very long time, but this show makes it all look so good!

I rather like this current season, so I'm thinking I don't mind that the series goes a bit over the top in the later seasons. I might enjoy that, actually.

Happy New Year from Philly!
I love this mad bitch!

I was also surprised at how ML Parker reined in some of her cutesy attention-getting behaviors. I could actually enjoy watching her which was a first for me.

I find ML parker quite the Milf, is she a mother in real life?
Yes. Rather infamously her longtime boyfriend, actor Billy Crudup, unceremoniously left her for another woman (Claire Danes) while Mary Louise was about seven months pregnant with their son. Since then she has also adopted a girl from Africa.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yes. Rather infamously her longtime boyfriend, actor Billy Crudup, unceremoniously left her for another woman (Claire Danes) while Mary Louise was about seven months pregnant with their son. Since then she has also adopted a girl from Africa.

Then Billy Crudups a shallow fool with bad taste. Mary Louise is frighteningly hot, and has one of the prettiest most expressionful faces in hollywood. Very underrated.

I just started watching Weeds this week, and am almost done with season 1. Great show!

As for the legalization of weed being a more effective way to control the substance...painkillers have shown the legalization of a substance doesnt control the distribution.