Jerry Bruckheimer

Tools    

The man seems to be doing everything these days - he's got a ton of movies in the works: Prince of Persia, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Pirates 4, and G-Force - his first kid movie and first 3D movie. And TV - I keep seeing previews for Dark Blue throughout the playoffs. I have to admit, I like a lot of his movies, especially his action ones (The Rock, Con Air, Bad Boys, Pirates, etc) just because they're a lot of fun to watch. What do you think of him? His upcoming projects?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Jerry Bruckheimer is not a man. He is a method.

I do like the flicks you mentioned a lot, but his output seems to be slipping a bit to me. I got bored of National Treasure very early, for example. (Although this could partially be because, as a Brit, I found it tiresome to be the pantomime bully at the tea party - the Molested Mary of that particular bit of Dan Brownery). But nah, it's not just that, it just felt too 'by the numbers'. He gets people to paint the picture well, but the daft drafting is showing through i think.

As for King Arthur, you don't have to be a Brit to see that as a 'historical anomaly' (A Bruckheimer flick with no big bangs and payoff kicks). Haven't caught the more recent Pirates either coz of tales of cud being rechewed, but will probably check em out when Xmas next rolls around again.

Fortunately, any decline he maybe going through will undoubtedly be brought to an end when he suddenly explodes in a fireball of media frenzy, as some cold case CSI work reveals that he's been attempting to monopolise the police drama world, in a criminal attempt to get all competitors to disappear without a trace. (The conflagration may get staunched by some excessive padding tho).

PS: Pearl Harbour was his fault.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Still think Law and Order > CSI.

Brukheimer has been involved in some really enjoyable movies though like Pirates, Gone in 60 Seconds and Bad Boys. The guy certainly knows how to make money

Agreed...he knows what the audience likes. And if there's anything the man can do, it's action and explosions. I'm pretty curious to see how he handles this 3D medium. The next Pirates might be in 3D....Kind of interesting the first movie he chose to do in 3D is G-Force - not your typical Bruckheimer flick but an interesting testing ground to see how he handles his trademark action sequences into this new dimension.

P.S. Personally, I like Law & Order over CSI too....I've just never gotten into CSI the same way.

I enjoyed Con-Air, The Rock, both Bad Boys, and all the Pirate movies.

Ha, I know! What isn't he doing these days? His IMDb page has like 18 projects he's working on! I've seen him doing some promos for his upcoming G-Force movie (I know I'm harping on it but I'm just wondering why he decided to do his first movie in 3D for kids. I've seen the previews everywhere lately and it's like...Bad Boys but with guinea pigs. Admittedly, it looks cute.) Anyways, seems like he's really into the medium now and he has Hoyt Yeatman directing and doing the fx work for that so I guess maybe that's key.

He'll continue to be successful as long as he makes movies with action galore. He's working w/ Michael Bay on something isn't he?