Flight Of The Conchords

Tools    

One of my favourite shows on TV.

Currently in it's 2nd season and it follows two blokes from New Zealand (Jermaine & Brett) who are in a two man folk parody group called 'Flight Of The Conchords' and they are trying to make it big in America.
It's hilarious and the songs they make up are brilliant (check my signature) anyone else out there watch?

mermermer... panties on.

Some of my friends have mentioned this show to me but have never gotten around to watching it. I may just look it up on this internet type thing.

I love flight of the conchords! Amazing, watched the first series want to watch the 2nd asap. "Arf Arf do the doggy bounce" Pure class.

I was a huge fan of the first season and their stand up but something about this new season that just disinterests me. I'm not sure if the addition of almost all the characters getting singing parts or just the fact that I don't like the new material but I haven't even wanted to finish it.

The thing that made me enjoy season one was they had all these silly songs written for their stand up routine and in turn wrote episodes based around the songs so they would fit well with the story.

The all new songs and repetitive writing just made this new season a disappointment.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I thought the addition of the rest of the cast singing brought a new dimension to it. It helped making it fresh.

I also caught them in a concert recently.

Suspect's Reviews

I loved this show. Love love loved it. I'd heard enough good things (and I'd heard a couple of songs), so when I saw the first/only two seasons (along with a CD) packaged together for $25, I went for it. Took awhile to get into, but by the second season it'd already become one of my favorites, and I was so bummed out when it was over that I watched some of it again just a couple of weeks later.

My wife and I quote it all the time; the accents alone grew on us, and somehow added to the comedy. A few of my favorite moments of all-time:
  • Murray on the phone with the White House, where we just hear his side of the conversation "He's the Prime Minister of New Zealand. It IS a country! Yes it is!"
  • Murray trying to be friends with Jemaine and Brett, Brett nodding off, and giving a knee-jerk "present" when he's roused.
  • The R. Kelly-inspired "We're Both in Love With A Sexy Lady," particularly the whole "lazy eye" portion near the end.
  • Jemaine and Murray listing the pros and cons of Brett vs. a cassette tape of Brett.
  • Of course, "Ladies of the World."
  • Jemaine's lyrics and general prancing around during "If You're Into It."
There's way more, but those are the ones that come to mind. Completely agree with TUS about having the rest of the cast singing, too; it really did open things up.

I realize there's basically no chance it ever comes back, not because of HBO but because Jemaine and Brett said it was a ton of work, and they seem to prefer touring/acting/whatever. Sadly, they don't appear likely to come to America any time soon, and even less likely to come anywhere near Pittsburgh. I'd probably pay a ridiculous amount to see them live, if I had the chance to. Oh well.

Man, do I miss this show. I think I'll watch some of it again soon.

Easily one of the best shows to quote. I loved when Aziz Ansari would show up on the show. Particularly the episode where he assumed the guys were Australian.

They're totally off-the-hook live. I saw them in London in - I think - one of their last ever gigs. I had heard all but two of the songs (as far as I can recall) and I knew where the jokes were, but I still LOLed more than I ever have in my life. It was fantastic.

They're both extremely talented musicians, something that seems to go unnoticed. Jermaine especially; his vocals are incredible and he's a don on the old guitar.

My favourite line from the series is one of Murray's: "I can't get another ticket, mate; I'll go to jail."

Seeing Flight of the Conchords live in Cleveland this Saturday! Hyped. First time they've toured stateside in years.

When we bought the tickets it was actually the very first date on the tour, but they added one before it since. Still, pretty cool. One of very few bands/acts/whatever I'd actually bother to see live, nevermind drive a couple of hours each way for.

Are these guys as funny as Tenacious D? I remember hearing about but havent seen anything on them.

Never watched the show my sister loves it. I did see the Simpsons episode with them in it and they were pretty funny which is rare for guests on the show nowadays. Might check it out.

Wow! Great news. Wonder if it's related to the new album, which seems to have been in the works since their tour (which my wife and made a trip to Cleveland for).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Funny guys. I've never seen them live but love what I've seen of their show.

Yeah, they toured here about a year and a half ago, and they had several new (and good!) songs when we saw them (and we ran into Jemaine on the street!), so I've been waiting for some kind of announcement for awhile.

I realize there's basically no chance it ever comes back, not because of HBO but because Jemaine and Brett said it was a ton of work, and they seem to prefer touring/acting/whatever.
So HBO wanted them back for a 3rd season? I always wondered what the real reason was. My side is still splitting from Murray's song about the "tick" support lady.