"The Condemned" is a total ripoff!

Tools    

Hi all,

I am the director of a little straight to DVD film called "Doomed", which just came out Tuesday 4/3/07. Imagine my surprise when I saw the trailer for "The Condemned", which has scary similarities that I just need to spread the word!

In "Doomed", convicts are left on a deserted island and told that they have to compete for a chance for freedom and 50 million dollars, the whole thing is broadcast as a reality game show and the cons have to fight each other to be the sole survivor!

In "The Condemned", convicts are left on a deserted island and told that they have to compete for a chance for freedom and 50 million dollars, the whole thing is broadcast as a reality game show and the cons have to fight each other to be the sole survivor!

Okay, so now the differences...

They have Steve Austin and a huge budget... And we have zombi's... You make the call!

I know that in Hollywood everyone "borrows" from everyone, but when I know that Lionsgate had the screener of "Doomed" a few years back, it makes me think that there was a little ripoff session going on!

Thank you for your time!

Or maybe both your film and The Condemned have scary similarities to 2000's Battle Royale, which is about a group of students forced to fight to the death on a deserted island.

It's not a particular unique concept, really, so my guess is there are any number of films somewhat based on the general idea of people being forced to fight each other. Kirk vs. Spock, anyone?

A system of cells interlinked
*Yawns*

Plug.