Ending for cube

Tools    

Level 2 : Farmer
I just finished watching the movie yesterday and thought it was great. Anyways my question is this. My girlfriend has seen it 1 other than time before yesterday and she distinctly remembers the ending in a different way. She remembers when kazan made it out of the cube, he was standing near the edge of a cliff that was overlooking the ocean and the camera panned out and that was the end. Now yesterday when we watched it the ending was kazan stepping into a white light. Does anyone know if there are alternate endings to this movie? Or if not, does anyone know an ending to a movie as the one she remembers? Thank you.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Originally Posted by kinukinu
I just finished watching the movie yesterday and thought it was great. Anyways my question is this. My girlfriend has seen it 1 other than time before yesterday and she distinctly remembers the ending in a different way. She remembers when kazan made it out of the cube, he was standing near the edge of a cliff that was overlooking the ocean and the camera panned out and that was the end. Now yesterday when we watched it the ending was kazan stepping into a white light. Does anyone know if there are alternate endings to this movie? Or if not, does anyone know an ending to a movie as the one she remembers? Thank you.
Hmm, the ending to CUBE did end with the bright white light. The whole ocean thing, I believe happened in the sequel. Not so sure that it was the ending to it, but I do remember some kind of ocean in the sequel...hypercube.

Suspect's Reviews

Level 2 : Farmer
Thank you for your reply suspect, I do remember the part of the movie (hypercube) where there is a large room, seems like a laboratory that has the bottom of the floor flooded with water. It was the last part of the movie where the female character escaped from the cube. But the "ocean ending" that I wrote about in the first post is not in hypercube...and it's really bothering me, haha. Once again thanks for the reply though.

*We also searched about this scene on the "uncubed internet site" (it is a fansite dedicated to the 3 cube movies) and found nothing of its sort, so it must be from a different movie.

the first one is when he walks out into the bright white light and that was the end. thats why it was so frustraighting you couldnt see what anything was.

Omg. I found someone who actually knows that movie! I was a little reluctant to watch them cause I am not into scary stuff like that, but I did like both of the movies. I hope you find out what movie ending your girlfriend was talking about. I absolutely HATE it when there is a movie, or part of a movie where I can't find the title. Anyways, good luck.

on the ending i seen he was on a cliff

A system of cells interlinked
on the ending i seen he was on a cliff
Then you were watching a different film, because that ending does not exist in any version of the film Cube. This has already been established. I have seen the film multiple times, and there is not a cliff at the end of the film.

Wasn't there a TV mini series very similar to this movie? Or was it this movie edited for TV? I remember seeing bits a nd pieces of it like 10 years ago on TV and maybe that is what they are getting confused with the movie.

Its been a while but I remember enjoying about as much as the first one1
I there was a third one too. I think a prequel.

You are right, There is an alternate ending. The director filmed this alternate ending where you see the last character of the movie outside of the cube. But it was shown in theaters when it first came out, it was never included in the dvd. I believe it all depends where you seen it because many people have said that this ending was used also.

Cleaned up: "Kazan escapes. He stands in the middle of a big empty space. Looking forward there's just ocean and water. Endless oceans beyond. There're loud, crashing mechanical noises like tides, reminding me of a washing machine. Kazan turns around and the cube is gone, nothing to be seen. Even his footprints to the entrance are gone, but the noises are still crashing. Beautiful and philosophical."
"I watched this movie about 5 years ago and I remember the ending like this - Kazan escaped from the cube and he is standing on the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean i presume? and then the camera zooms out to show everything and thats the end. But now I just finished watching the movie again and I dont remember the ending being like this."

"I saw this when it came to spain, to the cinema, in 1998.
The last scene I saw is him outside the cube with the ocean everywhere, suspended there."

"saw it about 5 years ago and i do remember them revealing the entire outer 'cube' but i just bought it the other day and it was not that ending"

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The second Cube film is actually quite different. It deals with time travel and parallel universes.

The thirs film is indeed a prequel and shines some light on what happens to people who escape the CUBE.

The first one is the best.