Movie Club: The New Batch

Tools    

Which film would you like to watch and talk about?
35.00%
7 votes
Breakfast On Pluto
25.00%
5 votes
The New World
20.00%
4 votes
Lady Vengeance
10.00%
2 votes
The Producers
10.00%
2 votes
Walk The Line
20 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The People's Republic of Clogher
Ok folks (and folkettes) this is the voting list for The Movie Club.

Everything here should be on general release on R1, R2 & R4 and as they're pretty new releases, should be pretty easy to get hold of. I'll keep the poll open for 5 days but if it goes dead before will bring forward the discussion. If you've already seen the winner then all the better.

If two (or more) films tie in first place I'll flip a coin to decide what we watch but will include the other movie(s) in the next voting list.

Once the poll closes I'll open a new thread for your opinions to pour forth like honey from a beehive...

In alphabetical order -

1. Breakfast On Pluto (Neil Jordan) - Cillian Murphy stars as Kitten Brady, a young Irish lad determined to live his life on her own terms.

2. The New World (Terrence Malick) - Malick's long-awaited tale of Native Americans and English Settlers.

3. The Producers (Susan Stroman) - The movie version of the award-winning musical version of the classic comedy film.

4. Sympathy For Lady Vengeance (Chan-wook Park) - The final film in Park's acclaimed Revenge trilogy, following Sympathy For Mr Vengeance and Oldboy.

5. Walk The Line (Jim Mangold) - The story of Mr Johnny Cash as told by one of America's brightest young directors.

Have fun.

MovieForums Extra
Breakfast on Pluto gets my vote. It looks very interesting. All the choices were great by the way, which made the choice very difficult. I want to watch them all. I know, all in good time, my dear, all in good time.

I'm in the mood for vengeance. After Germany's win.

I saw The Producers just a week ago.
Rented copy was messed up though so had a few scenes jump away.

Hmmm breakfast sparks an interest.

The Producers gets my vote, but Breakfast is a good 2nd.

Breakfast, too.

I voted for the Breafast thingy, I thought it was good to vote for something i haven't seen

New World. I've already seen it (as well as a couple others), but this is a good excuse to see it again, and I'm curious what people will think of it.

A system of cells interlinked
Lady V for me.....

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Just so ya know, Lady Vengeance doesn't get a region 1 release until September 12th.

The People's Republic of Clogher
You're kidding.

I was told it was rentable...

Ok, the people who voted for it - Sedai and Rev - please post a second choice.

Sorry about that folks, I'll do my own research next time.

The New World is my other choice then.
I can't get Breakfast on Pluto from my DVD rental place.