Let's Talk About Injuries

Tools    

Ground Control To Major Thom
So... we are on a boat, had a few drinks, the shark has gone under despite the fact it now has three barrels on it, we have not got anything better to do than discuss injuries from the war that has been our lives...

Okay, enough waffle, roll up your sleeves and trouser legs and show us what you've got.

When I was 10, in 1988, I had a spinal fusion. I have two titanium rods running down one side of my spine, fused to vertebrae at regular intervals, crossing over just below waist level and each going into the opposite hipbone. This was to help correct, or at the very least prevent getting worse, a scoliosis which is curvature of the spine.

I have torn ankle ligaments in both ankles/feet on two separate occasions.

I have also torn my cruciate ligament in my left knee.

Regarding the ankle and knee injuries, not bad going for somebody that has never walked lol.

Your turn...

show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I want to go to bed... etc, and so on...

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I did something to my right hip. Have no idea, but it scratches and hurts from time to time.

I have chronic back pack. I had to quit football/track because of it. I went to a chrioprator (sp) but he wasn't much help. I gave it all up and from time to time I work on my back. I lay off hard sports and stick to bench pressing.

I have a scar on my right hand from when I was 5 and played Power Rangers and punched a window. Pwnt myself hardcore.

Nothing else. Some small boo boos here and there, but thats it.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
There was a similar post recently, I think all Mofos know about my injuries, I'd give the 6 million dollar man a run for his money!!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I bounced off the back of a horse at age 5 and nearly bit clear through my lower lip when I landed. No scars from that though, as the wound was on the inside. That same vacation I took a treebranch to the eye (also horseback riding). It left a little scar, but I can barely find it now. Nothing major, though.

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
There was a similar post recently, I think all Mofos know about my injuries, I'd give the 6 million dollar man a run for his money!!!!!
I never understood why having a bionic leg enabled him to run really fast... wouldn't he just go around in circles?

there's a frog in my snake oil
I've listed most of my physical foibles in the other thread. I snapped my collarbone when i was a young'un via a dramatic somersault down a flight of stairs (not on purpose), but that's about it.

Sammy's example makes me think of a daft lucky escape i had last year, when i ran 'eye-first' into a pointy snapped branch on a tree while playing football, but somehow only ended up with a splinter in my eyelid.

Oh, and if we're talking 'scars', i wish to present a 'comedy scab' i once had, which comes with a story attached...

I once found myself flying through the air at high speed, having been tripped while sprinting in a football game. I had my hands outstretched to cushion my imminant crash to the floor, so all was fine... until my glasses started slipping off my face. In slow-motion i realised that my last football-related glasses-smashing had used up almost all my cash, and if i smashed 'em again i'd have no choice but to use my last funds to fly home and seek solid work (i was dallying about in spain you see). No way. I made the decision. I turned my hands upwards, caught the glasses, hit the concrete, and slid to a stop 'using' mainly my face. Specifically, the bit of skin between my nose and upper lip. I slid about a foot. By the end of the day I had a perfect Adolf Hitler scab under my nose. I mean perfect. Perfectly rectangular, perfect 'bushiness', and so very very 'him'... Those were the summer months, and for at least two of them i had to put up with hearing excitable young American tourists shouting to eachother 'Hey! Did you see that guy?? He had a Hitler moustache!!'

Ah well, it was worth it

Originally Posted by SmegFirk
I never understood why having a bionic leg enabled him to run really fast... wouldn't he just go around in circles?
Maybe it just played that 'chkchkchkchk' sound?

That is 'good going' on the leg injuries btw Smeggie.

Originally Posted by SmegFirk
He had two bionic legs and one bionic arm.

I got dragged across a parking lot by my neighbours dog when I was 8. She was pretty stupid making me hold on to the leash of a friggin Irish Settler while her and my younger brother went into a store. I was 4 foot something and under 100 pounds. Anyways, I ripped my knee open and had to get some stitches. I developed some arthritis as well in my knees, elbows and hands.

scar on cheek from rough housin

scar on ankle from German shepard mutt grabbing onto it as I tried to fly over the fence to escape death

broken right wrist from school yard scuffle (the guy who did it is a good mate)

broken left arm from acrobatics in which I landed in a bit of a hurry....

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Broken arm from falling out of a bus when I was 13
Broken foot from having a table dropped on it at work.
No cartelidge left between my left kneecap and the bones beneath it. (accident whilst running)
Partial deafness in right ear from an M16 rifle going off next to my head.
Twisted ankle after a night of irresponsible drinking.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

When I was about 7 or 8 my brothers were teasing me and chasing me through the house. I ran outside to get away from them and they locked me outside. I decided to get back inside by climbing on top of this huge rabbit cage we had just undernieth a window, then climb in through the window. Well I climbed on top of the cage and fell through the top where a nail broke my fall by stabbing me in the lower lip. My top teeth came down and stabbed my lower lip. I have a perminant lump on the inside of my lip and two scars from my two front teeth on the outside of my lower lip.

When I was about 9 I was riding my bike in my bathing suit and my shoelace got caught in the chain. I fell off my bike and my whole left side was scrathed up. My leg was the worst because I skidded across the gravel on it. I was in a bandage for the whole summer. I have a scar in the shape of North America on my left knee.

I was fighting with my brothers and one of them pushed me to the ground and I cut my leg and started crying. My mom took me to the kitchen and sat me on the chair and I held my knee up to show her. It wasn't a bad injury but as I was putting my leg down I got it caught on this peice of metal that was loose on the table and cut my knee just beside the other cut and blood started gushing out lmao. I had to get stitches for that!! lol

I didn't want to go to school one day and I was hesitating to go out the door. I was doing my nervous habit of picking at things on walls or whatever there is to pick at. The door was there so I started picking at the wood that was in the slot where the thing goes when you close the door. My mom was talking to me, asking me what's wrong and I started screaming. My mom is like "what the hell is wrong?" I got a peice of wood stuck under my thumb. It hurt really bad and my mom took me to the doctor. He had to pull the peice of wood out by lifting up my thumb nail. It turned out to be metal that was stuck under my nail. A little tiny peice of metal. lol

I had a lot of freak accidents as a kid. lol

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Golgot
..Sammy's example makes me think of a daft lucky escape i had last year, when i ran 'eye-first' into a pointy snapped branch on a tree while playing football, but somehow only ended up with a splinter in my eyelid...
Yay for orbital bones!

Oh, and if we're talking 'scars', i wish to present a 'comedy scab' i once had, which comes with a story attached...

I once found myself flying through the air at high speed, having been tripped while sprinting in a football game. I had my hands outstretched to cushion my imminant crash to the floor, so all was fine... until my glasses started slipping off my face. In slow-motion i realised that my last football-related glasses-smashing had used up almost all my cash, and if i smashed 'em again i'd have no choice but to use my last funds to fly home and seek solid work (i was dallying about in spain you see). No way. I made the decision. I turned my hands upwards, caught the glasses, hit the concrete, and slid to a stop 'using' mainly my face. Specifically, the bit of skin between my nose and upper lip. I slid about a foot. By the end of the day I had a perfect Adolf Hitler scab under my nose. I mean perfect. Perfectly rectangular, perfect 'bushiness', and so very very 'him'... Those were the summer months, and for at least two of them i had to put up with hearing excitable young American tourists shouting to eachother 'Hey! Did you see that guy?? He had a Hitler moustache!!'

Ah well, it was worth it
I just laughed myself teary. Do you still have a scar from that? (I hope not) Good save on the specs, though. You made a perfectly understandable choice.

Originally Posted by limboslam
He had two bionic legs and one bionic arm.
well, that clears that up

I think I listed some of these in the other thread, but I have a half moon scar on my left cheek that my grandmother used to tell me was put there by the Sidhe… I also have a scar on my right knee that looks a bit like a spider web from an old bike wreck… and a 3 inch scar on my thigh where I got stabbed with a piece of metal… and I've broken a few bones along the way… but for the most part, they've all grown back perfectly crooked…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I just laughed myself teary. Do you still have a scar from that? (I hope not) Good save on the specs, though. You made a perfectly understandable choice.
Nah. I do still have a tiny long-term silvery scar there tho, which i think i got from a paper cut. Dangerous stuff paper

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I think I listed some of these in the other thread, but I have a half moon scar on my left cheek that my grandmother used to tell me was put there by the Sidhe… I also have a scar on my right knee that looks a bit like a spider web from an old bike wreck… and a 3 inch scar on my thigh where I got stabbed with a piece of metal… and I've broken a few bones along the way… but for the most part, they've all grown back perfectly crooked…
Goodness me girl, that's a decorative collection of scars you've got going there

But why would the Sidhe put the moon on your cheek?

Originally Posted by Golgot
Goodness me girl, that's a decorative collection of scars you've got going there

But why would the Sidhe put the moon on your cheek?
Compliments of Katrina, there are a few more… some hidden, some visible… but I thought I'd wait and see what they look like a few months from now before I listed them... As for the half-moon scar, according to my granny, 'twas to mark me as one of their own' … but for the life of me, no matter how hard I looked, the only "magic wand" I ever found was a Monadnock 9021...

When i was three my cousin slammed the back door of her house on my finger...needless to say my finger couldnt cope with the pressure and proceeded to split down the middle and was swing about in the wind, I got four stitches...my finger is slightly deformed (the tip looks like a bum).

I fell on a barbwire fence when I was a kid - a piece stuck into my inner thigh leaving a scar.

When I was a kid I stuck my hand in a fire which I thought had burnt out. I have a little burn mark on one of my left fingers.

I have a scar from the chicken pox on my forehead (I scratched).

Thats it.

complete tally?

age 4, I was pushed down the stairs in a stroller by my brother, no recollection of it, but I'm told it was bad

age 4 1/2, I tried to walk up a set of open drawers like stairs, and got a scar on my back leg

age 7, burned my thumb on a car's cigarette lighter

age 7, I got hit in the head with a foul in baseball, again no memory, but probably not because I was young

age 8, bitten in face by a dog, still a small scar directly beneath my right eye

age 11, recieved my first leatherman, the fingerprint hasn't grown back all the way

age 13, took a bad fall a injured both knees, occasional limping in cold weather

age 15, sliced finger open on my knife, still a scar, 8 stitches

age 15, my recent dental work, 4 missing teeth and a dozen stitches, now just one left (stitch that is, not one tooth )

I broke a finger once. It's a funny story really...but I don't know you well enough to tell it.

And I've had a scratch on my wrist for the past month that shows no signs of going away.

"..I know the TRUTH.."
When I was in highschool, I got caught up at the wrong place, wrong time, ended up with a bullet tearin' a chunk of skin out of my right arm. Not exactly a through-and-through, but in and out all the same. Nice lil' raised piece of flesh as it healed over..semi covered by a tatoo of Supermans emblem with "Man of Steel" over the top of that. Figure if I can make bullets bounce off me and live, a bama must be one of them men of steel.

"..I know the TRUTH and I don't have to be what you want me to be.." -Muhammed Ali