Grandma's Boy

Tools    

Somebody needs to focus their talent eh?

Wow, I didn't even need to open this thread. Without ever hearing one thing about this movie, I knew it was going to be some horrid piece of ***** from Adam Sandler just from the title.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by nebbit
this from a man who loves FLASH
Guilty I am. Oh yeah I liked Popeye with Robin Williams too. Guess I need a class in having class.

Originally Posted by 7thson
Guilty I am. Oh yeah I liked Popeye with Robin Williams too. Guess I need a class in having class.
Don't tell anyone......I liked it too

Arresting your development
I just like that Nebbs said Rubbish. I wish people would talk like that where I live.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Saw the trailer, no one was laughing.....looks alright.

Suspect's Reviews

Had the unfortunate pleasure of watching this one. Here's my official review, although it seems some may disagree with me.

1 1/2 hours! 1 1/2 HOURS! Do you know what you can accomplish in your life in 1 1/2 hours?!? You can take a nice long nap. You can clean the house AND pay the bills. You can watch 2/3 of a football game. You can read a good chunk of a book. You can ponder life. You can even start writing your life memoirs. You can pull every strand of hair out from your head one by one. But I'll tell you what you can't do in 1 1/2 hours and that's enjoy this movie!

This movie comes from the supporting characters in just about every Adam Sandler movie you have seen. You won't recognize their names, but you'll remember their faces. Alex (Allen Covert) is a video game tester who is evicted from his apartment after his roommate spends their rent money on Filipino hookers (the first clue this is going to be a bad movie) and he is then forced to move in with his grandmother and her 2 elderly roommates (played by Betty White, Shirley Jones, and Shirley White). These ladies coerce Alex into doing chores around the house which leaves him too tired to get his work done and the plot of the movie revolves around work deadlines and a horrible romance budding with Alex's boss (not much to work with on the plot).

The movie is basically one long series of horrible marijuana and sex jokes that are not even close to funny and is sprinkled with one of the worst antagonists (Joel Moore) that may have been portrayed in a film. He is nothing short of annoying and only adds to the "Why was this movie even made?" feel of the whole thing . Alex's character was dreadfully played and the highlight of the movie came from the few scenes with Kevin Nealon as the CEO of the video game company, who played a kooky, health nut very well.

The movie did feature Jonah Hill (40-year old Virgin, Superbad, Knocked Up), although his biggest scenes in the movie involved him burying his face in some nude breasts. Betty White did do a great job which is to be expected, but unfortunately not good enough to save the movie. Seeing as the movie is one long sex/marijuana joke, has horrible acting, an even worse plot, and needless nudity, there is no reason for you to also waste 1 1/2 hours of your life that no amount of money and hope can ever give you back. This one is not even worth using up a good free coupon to redbox!

I give this a 2 out of 10.

1 1/2 hours! 1 1/2 HOURS! Do you know what you can accomplish in your life in 1 1/2 hours?!? You can take a nice long nap. You can clean the house AND pay the bills. You can watch 2/3 of a football game. You can read a good chunk of a book. You can ponder life. You can even start writing your life memoirs. You can pull every strand of hair out from your head one by one.

I give this a 2 out of 10.
wow you can do alot in 1 1/2 mate.

Grandma's Boy was a good stoner flick. Had some funny scenes.

Grandma's Boy was a good stoner flick. Had some funny scenes.

hahah i laughed at just the pic, myte check this out.