Let's hold a candlelight vigil for Rotten Tomatoes

Tools    

It's dying, guys. Round up Grandpa, Little Jim and Aunt Bessy-- they oughta be able to say good bye to the little guy before he heads to the IGN server in the sky. But not now-- poor thing's all tuckered out. We'd get the maintenance staff in there to work on it, but they're slacking, big time. If RT is down any longer, I may have to do something drastic. Like leave the house. Damn you, RT!

Originally Posted by nlkead
It's dying, guys. Round up Grandpa, Little Jim and Aunt Bessy-- they oughta be able to say good bye to the little guy before he heads to the IGN server in the sky. But not now-- poor thing's all tuckered out. We'd get the maintenance staff in there to work on it, but they're slacking, big time. If RT is down any longer, I may have to do something drastic. Like leave the house. Damn you, RT!
I never went on Rotten Tomatoes that much, and really don' care if it goes into the depths of internet nothingness.

A system of cells interlinked
Funny, been working all day for me.

It's up right now.

yeah ive been a long time member of RT

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I fear what might swim to our shores, should that island sink...

Do you not find it odd that the server is so horribly overloaded all of a sudden like this? Like... I'm wondering how many gigawatts they cut down on, y'know?

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah

Do you not find it odd that the server is so horribly overloaded all of a sudden like this? Like... I'm wondering how many gigawatts they cut down on, y'know?

1.21 jigawatts!

I'll bet you my big, sweet, juicy ass it's some kind of set-up to make us pay to use the site or cut back features, the scallywags. And when I say "scallywags," I mean something far more assertive that I can't think of right now.

heh it totally startled me that that post went through.

TPM? Hopefully TPM. I'll give him a link.

It's weird because they've restricted the forums/the vine so only registered users can view it. And that represents a minority of usual forum traffic. So we've cut down the stress on the servers to like a third of what it was before and we're having more problems... odd.

In other news: Southern California is humid, and Chapman's new film school is beyond amazing. Tony and I explored together, and were stunned at how large it was. The immense amount of resources available to students is astonishing. Any regrets I had about turning down NYU Tisch disappeared when I saw the facilities at Chapman. There's no way you'd want to go anywhere else. I also made Tony sit through my registration seminar, which was at 7:30 AM and incredibly boring. I'm evil.

I'm going to store my response to Dick Hertz in the eunuch thread here, if you don't mind, because RT, god love the farked up little site, keeps swallowing it.

Originally Posted by DickHertz

What goes through your head when you type stuff like this? Are you being honest and venting like I did when I started this thread?
I wasn't venting, I was larfing. Do you ever do that? Har?

Because no matter what you think of me, you're just as guilty of stereotyping. You're just 180 degrees across from me in this great big circle.
I'm guilty of stereotyping who? Please tell me how you came to this conclusion and why based on our interaction in this thread. Maybe I just don't have the balls to come to this sort of masculine conclusion, so you'll have to help me out.

And the fact that I just drew parallels betwen my behavior and someone as dogmatic as you has majorly bummed me out.
Don't be sad for too long, it's not very masculine.

I've decided that RT's epitaph will be:

Rotten Tomatoes, 1998-2006

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

there's a frog in my snake oil
Amen

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by nlkead
TPM? Hopefully TPM. I'll give him a link.
I've avoided that annoyance by avoiding GD, I think. I don't get the beef with that kid. Not that there isn't one, just... for ONCE... I am not as annoyed as everyone else.

It's weird because they've restricted the forums/the vine so only registered users can view it. And that represents a minority of usual forum traffic. So we've cut down the stress on the servers to like a third of what it was before and we're having more problems... odd.

In other news: Southern California is humid, and Chapman's new film school is beyond amazing. Tony and I explored together, and were stunned at how large it was. The immense amount of resources available to students is astonishing. Any regrets I had about turning down NYU Tisch disappeared when I saw the facilities at Chapman. There's no way you'd want to go anywhere else. I also made Tony sit through my registration seminar, which was at 7:30 AM and incredibly boring. I'm evil.
You're in a better position to network at Chapman, too, I believe. I am stoked for you. Very glad that this is turning out so well and I look forward to seeing your first film. Also, you won't freeze your balls off this winter at Chapman. And I will take you to dinner in Malibu at some point, which I wouldn't be able to do it you were in NYC.

Have to tell you: I caught an ep of Malcom in the Middle tonight and the little brother had a pet fly/best friend that he named "Tony". I thought of you. heh! Don't tell Tony.

It's good, because I finally have an excuse for not posting.

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
It's good, because I finally have an excuse for not posting.
About time too, because your excuse is terrible. Sucking at life isn't keeping Dickhertz from posting.