Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Films and films
The Reflecting Skin- 5/10

I am a big fan of Viggo Mort. hence wanted to check his performance in this movie.
but overall nothing got me impressed from start until the end in this movie

The Belle's of St. Trinian's (1954)

This isn't a movie I would ever pick out if I wasn't watching randomly from various MoFo lists for the 50's countdown. It's a British comedy, very lightweight, somewhat amusing, and with a perfect runtime of less than 90 minutes. A big hook to the movie is having the lead actor play a male and female character. I'm sure it was uproarious back in the day, but it's old hat now.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…

I just had to go and brag about how much I liked John Goodman, didn't I? Well the shine got tarnished a little last night. His attempt at crazy consisted of looking to the side and squinting. Walter Sobchak was more menacing and believable than Howard was.

It didn't help his cause, that the script did him no favors. No spoilers, I just don't see a psycho in the corner reading a Doomsday Prepper weekly, while being oblivious to all that was going on around him. His motives were fuzzy or else it didn't make sense to me. Did he always have a penchant for doing what he did? Did he make a facility just for this activity, which happened to come in handy the day all hell breaks loose?

And the last act of the film. Do yourself a favor and just stop the movie.

Just saw Midnight Special, this is an exceptionally good film, ok perhaps not the most commercial film ever made so it lives somewhere between sci-fi and art-house, but well directed and well told story that captures you from the get-go mainly because the film leaves so much of the information out - and fills in the blanks as it goes. In fact I think the film has a lot in common with E.T. even if it's not obvious. 9/10

Did he make a facility just for this activity, which happened to come in handy the day all hell breaks loose?
I don't remember the exact quote, but he did state in the movie that everyone always thought he was crazy for having a doomsday bunker, and there is clear evidence that he's done something similar before:

WARNING: "MAJOR 10 Cloverfield Lane" spoilers below
He had previously abducted and murdered a high school girl. He claims that the picture and clothes he has in the bunker belong to his daughter Megan, but it's later revealed that they belonged to a missing girl named Brittany instead. Michelle finds a message reading "HELP" on an outside window, and when the perchlorate acid is brought out, it's pretty obvious what happened to Brittany.

The Lady Eve (1941)

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I don't remember the exact quote, but he did state in the movie that everyone always thought he was crazy for having a doomsday bunker, and there is clear evidence that he's done something similar before:

WARNING: "MAJOR 10 Cloverfield Lane" spoilers below
He had previously abducted and murdered a high school girl. He claims that the picture and clothes he has in the bunker belong to his daughter Megan, but it's later revealed that they belonged to a missing girl named Brittany instead. Michelle finds a message reading "HELP" on an outside window, and when the perchlorate acid is brought out, it's pretty obvious what happened to Brittany.
That part I understood. What seemed muddled was what his intent for building the bunker was. Did he build it first for a doomsday or psycho activities. Did he finish it and think, "Well, I spent all this time and the world hasn't ended yet...might as well do this and put it to good use."

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I needed more backstory. The consistent actions of the girl didn't vibe with how he handled them. It makes me feel he had a plan for them, but it was never explained or hinted at.

The Shallows

(Jaume Collet-Serra)

"What was once in the deep is now in the shallows"

Clocking in at a quick 87 minutes, The Shallows never strays from what it knows it is, a heart thumping survival flick. The plus side to the film is that it deals with a shark and Blake Lively in a bikini for the majority of the film.

FULL REVIEW HERE
i saw the trailer and im pretty sure it showed the whole movie

anway i love shark movies so im going to watch it regardless

Boccaccio '70 (1962)

This film, which is well over 3 hours, is a compilation of four different sex tales directed by legendary Italian greats: Federico Fellini, Vittorio De Sica, Luchino Visconti, and Mario Monichelli. Enjoyable trio of comedy-dramas with some of the most beautiful and sexiest women: Sophia Loren, Anita Ekberg, and Romy Schneider. All the episodes combine humour, sensuality and light drama. Visually stunning with great lead performances. I must admit that I liked the second tale far and away the best: Fellini's "Le tentazioni del dottor Antonio" is the highlight of the film. Overall, worth a watch.
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

On The Beach -
+

This was alright, i only watched it because it was 50's, it was on Netflix and it was on the Sci Fi list. I liked the story and i loved Gregory Peck's character and performance. Really didn't like Anthony Perkins at all though, disappointing since i adored him in the only other movies i've seen him in Pyscho (and Pyscho 2 and 3 actually) and The Trial.

Wild Strawberries -
-

This was amazing. I liked all three of the Bergman films i'd seen before this The VIrgin Spring, Persona and The Seventh Seal, i didn 't love any of them though and was starting to think Bergman was a director that i respect but i don't really love so i'm really glad to have watched this. Along with The Seventh Seal this seems to be Bergman's most praised 50's film so i thought i should give it a shot. Not gonna lie though from what i'd heard it was about i expected to not like this at all. So i was surprised to find an incredibly moving film with excellent performances. Victor Sjostrom gives a top ten perfomance for me. Really exceptional film, i think i remember Swan saying to me he hadn't seen this yet, knowing how much of a Bergman fan he is i hope he and everyone else gives this a try before sending in their 50's list.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Nemanja, that "aria" sounds like something interesting.. But 3/5, any other complaints? De Sica is one of my favorites.

"Wild Strawberries" is one my favorite movies, a Top-20 for sure, and right behind "The Seventh Seal" when it comes to Bergman. I just got done watching a movie who loves those guys.

Play It Again, Sam - 5.5/10

Good directing, writing was weak. I can't stand slapstick, screwball, etc.. I think there was only one part I thought was funny, but I just deleted and I can't remember now. I think I've had enough romance movies for a while too. I've only seen a couple movies this month

What? I don't mean which movie i mean what do you mean? haha
Oops... I never read what I type... I meant to say Woody Allen loves those guys - Bergman, De Sica and I thought I could post the movie I saw quicker than you could reply

Nemanja, that "aria" sounds like something interesting.. But 3/5, any other complaints? De Sica is one of my favorites.
sorry matt, i'm limited my english is poor, speaking like Tarzan

sorry matt, i'm limited my english is poor, speaking like Tarzan
As i said in my post comment to you i think everything you've posted has been fine. I get that you aren't confident in your English, couldn't imagine trying to post on a French speaking forum or whatever myself. Hope you continue to write more and build your confidence up because i think you watch a lot of interesting movies and seem like a cool guy

Oops... I never read what I type... I meant to say Woody Allen loves those guys - Bergman, De Sica and I thought I could post the movie I saw quicker than you could reply
Weirdly i actually thought you may have been talking about Woody Allen, i just didn't know what you were saying exactly.