69th Primetime Emmy Awards

Tools    

WINNERS:

Drama Supporting Actor – John Lithgow, THE CROWN
Comedy Supporting Actress – Kate McKinnon, SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
TV Movie/Limited Series Supporting Actress – Laura Dern, BIG LITTLE LIES
Comedy Directing – Donald Glover, ATLANTA (“B.A.N.”)
Variety Sketch Series – SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
Drama Writing – THE HANDMAID’S TALE (“Offred”)
Comedy Supporting Actor – Alec Baldwin, SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
TV Movie/Limited Series Directing – Jean-Marc Vallée, BIG LITTLE LIES
TV Movie/Limited Series Supporting Actor – Alexander Skarsgård, BIG LITTLE LIES
Variety Series Writing – LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER
Drama Supporting Actress – Ann Dowd, THE HANDMAID’S TALE
Comedy Writing – Aziz Ansari and Lena Waithe, MASTER OF NONE
Reality-Competition Program – THE VOICE
Drama Series Directing – Reed Morano, The Handmaid’s Tale – “Offred (Pilot)”
TV Movie/Limited Series Writing – John Booker, Black Mirror: San Junipero
Variety Series Directing – Don Roy King, SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
Variety Talk Series – LAST WEEK WITH JOHN OLIVER
Comedy Series Actor – Donald Glover, ATLANTA
Comedy Series Actress – Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Comedy Series – VEEP
TV Movie/Limited Series Actor – Riz Ahmed, THE NIGHT OF
TV Movie/Limited Series Actress – Nicole Kidman, BIG LITTLE LIES
TV Movie – Black Mirror: San Junipero
Limited Series – BIG LITTLE LIES
Drama Series Actor – Sterling K. Brown, THIS IS US
Drama Series Actress – Elisabeth Moss, THE HANDMAID’S TALE
Drama Series – THE HANDMAID’S TALE
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Thanks for posting! What win are you (or anyone else) happiest about ? I am really happy Black Mirror: San Junipero won. It was beautiful.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Riz Ahmed. Well deserved although John Turturro should have got it as well.

Really glad for Donald Glover, Laura Dern, Aziz Ansari and Riz Ahmed. Also happy for Moss even though i've not seen The Handmaid's Tale, want to read the book first. While i liked Big Little Lies alot i think The Night Of was better, also don't think Skarsgard or Kidman should have won. Skarsgard was good but not great, Michael K Williams was alot better in The Night Of. Kidman was great so i'm fine with her winning but i think Witherspoon was alot better. Think they both won because their storyline was the most shocking. Also would have preferred Master of None or Atlanta to win Best Comedy.

I just can't anymore with these shows.

Smug bellends acting all activist and woke when these people earn millions and are the biggest hypocrites in the world. I just...can't anymore.

Thanks for posting! What win are you (or anyone else) happiest about ?
John Lithgow Winning.

'This is Us' not winning anything but Lead Actor.

Handmaid's Tale Winning 5 Emmys, including; Leading and Supporting Actress, Writing and Directing, and Best Drama.

Alec Baldwin Winning.

I did think that Ahmed was good in The Night Of but though that Turturro was better. Big Little Lies winning most of the acting categories and Best Miniseries means I should get onto it sometime soon

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I haven't seen most of these shows but John Lithgow as Churchill in The Crown was excellent, glad he got an award.
Forget the name of it, but a new movie (or is it TV?) is going to feature Gary Oldman as Churchill. Should be interesting.

Never been able to finish even a single episode of SNL. Don't find it funny at all. John Oliver is awful. Don't know why people enjoy his show. Big Little Lies and The Crown - meh. Master of None was not funny to me at all.

Glad The Night of, The Handmaid's Tale & Veep won.

This might just do nobody any good.
Forget the name of it, but a new movie (or is it TV?) is going to feature Gary Oldman as Churchill. Should be interesting.
I think there was another realeased this year. Starring Brian Cox, I think.

I'd like for some some bored billionaire to finance an Avengers styled Churchill team-up movie with Lithgow, Oldman and Brendan Gleeson.

Idiots in the media here are still making a mountain out of that kiss. OMG how dare they, and right infront of her smiling husband.

Idiots in the media here are still making a mountain out of that kiss. OMG how dare they, and right infront of her smiling husband.

It's ridiculous. I guess it was a slow day at the Emmys. Also, they are giving her hell for not acknowledging her two adopted kids.

It's ridiculous. I guess it was a slow day at the Emmys. Also, they are giving her hell for not acknowledging her two adopted kids.
Holy hell did you get that news as well? Unbelievble, isnt it. I dont watch the awards but you cant escape this kind of gutter reportage. It was even on the radio when I was driving to an appointment.

Not a fan of the Emmy's but glad Riz Ahmed, Liz Moss, Donald Glover and John Oliver have done well.

Totally agree reagarding Elisabeth Moss...after losing 8 times for Mad Men, she was long overdue for some Emmy love. Didn't see the show Riz Ahmed won for but I loved him in Nightcrawler, fantastic performance.

Totally agree reagarding Elisabeth Moss...after losing 8 times for Mad Men, she was long overdue for some Emmy love. Didn't see the show Riz Ahmed won for but I loved him in Nightcrawler, fantastic performance.
He's even better in 'The Night Of'. It has one of the best pilot episodes of any show I've ever watched.

You've got red on you!
When I figured out Game of Thrones wasn't eligible to be nominated this year, I didn't think I would watch the Emmy's. And I didn't