Favorite Christopher Nolan film

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Kind of depends on which one I have most recently watched, Hadn't seen Memento in years, and I watched it again this past weekend. Really excellent. But for now, I will say The Prestige. For a while I was on a big Inception kick, so that slides into the #1 slot sometimes for me, as well!

I will say Inception hasn't aged particularly well. It doesn't get nearly the amount of talk and praise as it did on release.

It was a hybrid of a mind-bender/thriller but with big-budget action to appeal to the mainstream. It does both competently, but neither to their full potential. It's not as memorable of a mainstream action movie as the Batman trilogy. And as a thriller, it lacks the depth of some of Nolan's earlier classics.

It was a hybrid of a mind-bender/thriller but with big-budget action to appeal to the mainstream.
Action is the worst part of Inception. It ruins a great concept movie. Inception would have benefited more if it focused more on thrill than action.

Action is the worst part of Inception. It ruins a great concept movie. Inception would have benefited more if it focused more on thrill than action.
Agreed 100%. The action scenes felt forced, and the skiing scenes were added just because Nolan wanted to them in itself - not because it fit the story. It helped the trailers and marketing, but in context of the film, they feel tacked on, and action without context just feels like filler.

But it also sold several times as much as Prestige, Memento and Insomnia so it did accomplish its goals.

Having watched it again recently, following is a pretty solid movie.

Having watched it again recently, following is a pretty solid movie.
It is, and probably my #3 from him.

My review

The truth is in here
Insomnia.
Excellent storyline, incredible performances, high-class suspense and not to mention one of his most visually striking movies. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Insomnia, the most oddly named soporific I ever imbibed. But it worked.

Memento. Unlike most, Insomnia is also one of my favourite movies by him.
I choose Memento as well..
I like the original Insomnia with Stellan Skarsgaard much better than Nolan's film. There are no serial killers in it. Just regular people do horrific things.