Battleship

Tools    

First off, aren't you glad I didn't make a joke about Battleship "sinking" in the title of this thread?

Battleship made box office history this weekend and we MoFoers ignored it! It's the lowest domestic weekend opening for a film with a budget of over $200 million. There's a silly article about it over here.

Anyway, anyone want to speculate on the future of board game based films? Will Hollywood finally scrap the Monopoly movie idea?

bouncingbrick - I think your avatar pretty much sums up my thoughts on the under-performance of this movie.

Granted, I've not seen the movie, but I won't be seeing it, either. Ever.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think if Avengers wasn't up against it, it might have fared better.

Suspect's Reviews

There are those who call me...Tim.
$25,534,825 is about $25,534,820 more than I thought it would in its entire run.

Worldwide.

Including the DVD and rental proceeds.

So glad to see this bombing. It's going even worse than I expected. Hopefully, this'll put an end to Ridley Scott's Monopoly, Risk, Game Of Life and any and all the others.

I saw an puff piece the other day asking whether Taylor Kitsch's career is doomed and whether it all depends on Oliver Stone's Savages. Surely no one's going to blame this guy for Battleship and John Carter dying on their arse. These films were dead regardless of who starred in them. They shouldn't have even gotten greenlit, let alone actually made and released. I wouldn't expect Savages to make a killing at the BO either.

I think they're trying to ooh ahh the audience with the special effects . There's nothing you can do to get me to watch this movie. I don't really care for transformers either, I just don't understand why Micheal Bay had to make 3, he shouldn't have the right. Independent Films is where it's at for me, not overrated box office films. I mean, they always out number the little guy , with these 200 million dollar effects, yet the story for these movies never last. And I just love abusing these smilies btw.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'm holding out hope for

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
I heard it was awful. Probably not going to see it

I just got it out to rent for today, I like the music score so at least I've got that to look forwards too. I'm not expecting a masterpiece...

that's what she said...
I havn't seen Battleship and I don't want to...
Ok before I forget, I was cracking up at the Hungry Hungry Hippo thing!!!! So funny!!!

Anyways, in all seriousness, I think Stretigo would actually make for a great movie. But I don't have a clue HOW they'd turn Monopoly into a movie. Something I'd like to see as a movie is CLUE. But Battleship........ The preview didn't make me feel like it was about the board game at all! Plus there was a lot of mistakes other than it not representing the board game, and one of them was having Rhianna as a main role. I didn't even watch it and I have so much critisism.