What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Sudoku Blackbelt
I just ordered the latest Reese Witherspoon dvd for my daughter for Christmas. It's her favorite actress.

Ordered it yesterday, and I'll be darned if I haven't forgotten the name of it already.

I just bought

Jaws, American Graffiti and Superbad on Blu ray

Because they were all really cheap on amazon.ca

It looks like the Criterion Blu-ray edition of this film is out of print and going for silly amounts of money, so went for the UK blu ray release from the Studio Canal digibook collection.

And a film I've wanted to see for years:

I thought Hotel Transylvania was rather disappointing and not funny at all. I nearly blind bought it but decided to rent it instead, so glad I did.

Speaking of blind buys, the last DVD I bought was this:

Also pre-ordered:

The Wolf of Wall Street
American Hustle
12 Years a Slave
Dallas Buyers Club (blind buy)

^ I still need to see that, looks like some silly fun. Do tell us what you think of it once you have watched it.
I thought it was fairly good honestly. Some of the jokes aren't that great but I liked the character interaction and the animation is really pretty good as well. The mini-movie is total crap though. I'm not really a fan of the ending song either since it's almost all auto-tuned but it's otherwise a good movie in my opinion.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I thought Hotel Transylvania was rather disappointing and not funny at all. I nearly blind bought it but decided to rent it instead, so glad I did.

Speaking of blind buys, the last DVD I bought was this:

I actually quite enjoyed Hotel Transylvania. Although I watched it during that period where I was sick and just looking for some silly fun (alongside Brother Bear, Lilo & Stitch, Princess & Frog etc) so it may not be the most reliable of opinions

And I hope you enjoy Pleasantville. Thought it was a delightful little film. Need to give it another watch at some point actually

First Blood
Steelbook Edition - Blu-Ray
Found this at Best Buy for $15. Already owned it on Blu-ray in a regular case, but couldn't resist buying this for the images on the steelbook cover. I only own three movies with a steelbook case (one of them is The Big Lebowski ). The back of this features an iconic picture of Rambo with his knife from First Blood. Nothing exciting on the inside. I kinda wish now that I hadn't opened it, but I did.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	3181.png
Views:	695
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	12286  

That's pretty cool, Sexy.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Oh HELL NO!

The f**king Big Lebowski Steelbook I have SCRATCHED MY FIRST BLOOD STEELBOOK WHEN I TRIED FITTING IT NEXT TO IT AND THEN TAKING IT OUT!

Turns out steelbooks are FRAGILE AS HELL and are mainly bought as collector's items which people often don't unseal, and if they do, THEY BUY PLASTIC BAGGIES TO PUT THEM IN. SOME PEOPLE APPARENTLY EVEN USE BULLETPROOF GLASS TO PROTECT THEM.

THAT DOES IT! I am NEVER buying steelbook Blu-rays again! Collecting that crap will steal every last bit of sanity I have left!

The f**king Big Lebowski Steelbook I have SCRATCHED MY FIRST BLOOD STEELBOOK WHEN I TRIED FITTING IT NEXT TO IT AND THEN TAKING IT OUT!

THAT DOES IT! I am NEVER buying steelbook Blu-rays again! Collecting that crap will steal every last bit of sanity I have left!
That's a downside of steelbooks unfortunately, the amount of times I've had to send back steelbooks because of scratches and worse dents!

As for putting it on the shelves and getting scratched, I put my steelbooks into plastic sleeves for that reason alone. I've got obsessive compulsive disorder and I have to put a film box/steelbook on and off the shelf a certain number of times, and with steelbooks that will be a problem for damage because of the sliding up against other steelbooks, so I put them into plastic sleeves so that will not happen...

Sorry to see your lovely Rambo steelbook got scratched!