22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

I don't think Jagten would have beat Dances With Wolves
It's hard to say since it would depend on where everyone placed it, and how its ranking would have affected Dances with Wolves' overall score.

I had The Hunt on my original ballot because I finished before it was disqualified, and I had it at number 1. Dances with Wolves was third on mine, behind The Great Dictator.

Here's how I voted in the 13th HoF, I had The Hunt middle of the pack.

1 Dances With Wolves
2 Buffalo '66
3 Manchester By The Sea
4 The Great Dictator
5 Nightmare Alley
6 The Hunt...disqualified
7 Forbidden Games
8 The Three Musketeers
9 Captain Fantastic
10 The Marriage of Maria Braun
11 Wings of Desire
12 The Quiet Earth
13 Flesh and Blood...disqualified
14 Dead Poets Society
15 The Broken Circle Breakdown
16 Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I honestly don't remember where I had it. I know Manchester Great Dictator and Broken Circle would have been ahead of it. I would have had The Hunt above Wolves, but if I remember correctly Wolves won fairly substantially

I had Jagten at #3 behind Dance With Wolves and The Broken Circle Breakdown.

It definitely would've been a contender for the top spot, so I'm glad neiba dropped out of that one.

While I was including on my list the secondary HoFs I realized the amount of HoFs I've joined, and because of that the insane amount of films I discovered thanks to that! So thank you everyone!!! You gave me priceless moments of being amazed and touched by movies, and that's the best thing someone could ever give me.
I wholeheartedly agree.

I’ve seen quite a handful of great and memorable movies because of this. Sure, I’ve gotten recommendations here and there as well as on the forums, but being an a HoF you aren’t just taking the advice you want you’re actually “forced” to watch the movies in the HoF.

Sure, sometimes it’s a huge miss for you and you might even hate a movie and struggle to finish it. But then, when you actually see something you would never watch on your own and you really love it. That’s just such a great feeling. And then having people be passionate about their noms and discuss each other’s films I mean... it’s just great.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I can't say how my ballot would have been as I've watched only half of it, but it would have been hard to take The Hunt from #1 as it currently stands in my top 10 and I didn't love Dances with Wolves!

But yeah, maybe it was a better use of The Hunt a few HoFs after... Though I still regret getting disqualified!

Still fun to watch films I hate as far as HOFs go for the most part. Then I get to trash them on here. My favorite trashings that I remember are probably PMMM Utena Flesh and Blood and of course Pulp Fiction

Still fun to watch films I hate as far as HOFs go for the most part. Then I get to trash them on here. My favorite trashings that I remember are probably PMMM Utena Flesh and Blood and of course Pulp Fiction
Well the trashing part is definitely fun, but the watching part is not fun at all!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well the trashing part is definitely fun, but the watching part is not fun at all!

Everytime I hate a movie I watch in a HoF I think: at least I liked it more than Miss Vicky liked The Music Man!

I loved that Miss Vicky review for Music Man. I have another future nomination that I'm 100% sure Miss Vicky would hate too, maybe more than Music Man and it isn't even a musical either.

Guys....GUYS! I’ve changed my mind. I want in!
Not trying to be that guy but last night you were certain you didn't want to rewatch a lot of these. Just checking again.

well good thing Pulp Fiction still pulled out the win. Your Split trashing was also pretty fun to read (as was basically everyone's in that HoF).

Own up to it, you want to rewatch Bringing Up Baby as much as the rest of us.

I loved that Miss Vicky review for Music Man. I have another future nomination that I'm 100% sure Miss Vicky would hate too, maybe more than Music Man and it isn't even a musical either.
I feel like she would hate La La Land too but definitely not as much as the Music Man.

I got one she would hate more than La La Land.

I think there's an outside chance she would think La La was ok, but yeah, chances are higher she'd hate it

well good thing Pulp Fiction still pulled out the win. Your Split trashing was also pretty fun to read (as was basically everyone's in that HoF).
Oh yeah, Split, forgot about that one

The trick is not minding
Not trying to be that guy but last night you were certain you didn't want to rewatch a lot of these. Just checking again.
And I changed my mind. If that isn’t asatisfactory explanation to you, and If I must explain it, I will.
Going over the films, I realized that a few could go for a rewatch. Shine has been about 23 years and The state of Siege and The Last Picture Show have been around a decade since my initial view. They could use a fresh viewing.
Second, my main motivation is time available. Work has now decreased my workload finally, and I now have Thursdays and Fridays off for the next month. That’s a whole other issue. But I now have more time to dedicate to this.
I figured I could change my mind since we have a week still to join, and figured “Why not?”
Hence, me joining.
Now, I realize last night may have....come off the wrong way. Tone and intention don’t always mix over message boards and Can be misinterpreted. So I again want to reiterate it meant no slight by it, and I apologize if you think it was.
That being said, the final decision is yours.

Own up to it, you want to rewatch Bringing Up Baby as much as the rest of us.
I'd rather watch that again than rewatch The Music Man. It's shorter, at least. Stupid and annoying, but shorter.

@Wyldesyde19

I have no objections to you joining. I look forward to seeing what you nominate.