Great moments in otherwise terrible films

Tools    

Watched Pearl Harbor again the other night and gave a kind of running commentary in the Shoutbox...
The one good piece is during the Japanese attack and there's bodies everywhere, people screaming, injured soldiers all over the place and one of the Nurses just stops and cries, saying "I don't know what to do"...
Only powerful scene in the entire film.

Underwater scene in Alien Resurrection.

The scene when Robin interrogates a French guy by shooting arrows at him at close range in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood.

Seeing Neo fight 3 Agents at the start of The Matrix Reloaded. First time we see Neo's capabilities. All other fights afterward are just more of the same.

Sigourney Weaver's intro in Paul.

15 second fight between T Rex and Spinosaur in Jurassic Park 3. Still wanted Rex to win though.

Milla Jovovich's snatch at the end of Resident Evil.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Milla Jovovich's snatch at the end of Resident Evil.
Or rather Jovovich herself.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Welcome to the human race...
"Escape From L.A." where Kurt Russell and Peter Fonda are on surfboards along Hwy 1 chasing a car. Kurt Russell leaps from his board into the car. Only in Hollywood does this comes to life.
Escape From L.A. is objectively bad, but I can't help but like it a little. I came into this thread specifically to nominate its ending as a great moment.

Great thread concept!

I thought the Nashville movie from the 70s was gawd awful. Carridines singing scene was better than the whole film.

The bloopers played at the end credits of every Cannonball Run movie. Maybe even every Burt Reynolds movie......

I really hated the movie The Thin Red Line, but have to admit the cinematography was breathtaking. I ....I just dont have the heart to post a video from that movie I hated it so much.

Thank god for Salma Hayek or the Wild Wild West wouldve been completely worthless.

Wow Charlies Angels plain sucked, but there was one scene....

Alot of people hated Tombstone, alot of folks (like me) liked it, but everyone I think would agree it had one of the best scenes ever....

I've mentioned this before but will again because I love the line. "So Fine" is a well below average movie, but one of the last scenes has Jack Warden taking a gondola ride in Venice and he says to the driver "How long have the streets been f*&ked up like this?"

I thought the fight scene in Troy was well choreographed and suited the celebrated legacy of the Iliad. Troy was awful though.

I am the Watcher in the Night
We Own The Night, a lacklustre movie but it had one of the best car chase/shoot out scenes ever!

Alexander was probably Stone's worst movie but the scene where an eagle flies through the air and the camera pans round to reveal an immense army was breath taking!

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Fighting vampires on the roof of a moving train going over an unfinished bridge on fire. It was so stupid that it turned legendary.

Shaolin Executioners. A typical Chinese chop-sockee movie, worse than most. No storyline to speak of, phony fight sequences, but the photography and awesome weird other-worldly scenery, mountains, rock formations in China made it worth watching. Id like to visit there.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Fighting vampires on the roof of a moving train going over an unfinished bridge on fire. It was so stupid that it turned legendary.
I completely agree. The big highlight of that scene was the watch punch

I completely agree. The big highlight of that scene was the watch punch
So true! I forgot about that one. There was also this other moments somewhere around the middle: By the way, vampires can't kill other vampires and the word foreshadowing is completely unknown to us, as the real film crew was eaten by vampires in the first scene and we are all janitors, especially the director.

Or at least, that's how it felt.

Thanks for mentioning Minnelli in NEW YORK NEW YORK...the movie is pretty much universally hated, but Minnelli's delivery of the title tune is a powerhouse.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Jason X - Jason killing Adriennes by dunking her head in liquid Nitrogen.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Superman 3

Garbage dump battle, Clark Kent vs Evil Superman