Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I had actually expected this review to come in much shorter but it kind of kept growing. Decided to still post it here as opposed to my reviews thread, though I might still post it there as well, especially if I work a little more on it]
In other words, if you think you can pick up more reps if you repost this in your thread, you'll do it, right?

I would probably rep it again anyways, because it was an excellent review.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

The Face of Another (1966, Hiroshi Teshigahara)

The last film in Teshigahara's informal trilogy. This is an erudite assessment of identity and selfhood in a gargantuan, disconnected world that embraces the appearance more than anything else. Like its predecessors, the film spawns some impressive sound design and a notable presence behind the camera. Like The Women in the Dunes, it seems to have this matchlessly incongruous touch that very few films I have seen can replicate. It is such a real tale on one level, but also feels strangely surreal on another - the imagery is downright alluring. This piece is also a great example on how you can make a 'hard' science fiction film without resorting to its 'predictable' conventions. My only quibble stands in its writing which lacked a strong degree of subtlety and all too often spelled out - what seemed to be - the themes and notions of the film. It felt strained and unnatural. Other than that, a very good film. Maybe a 7.5 or an 8.

I watched 21 Jump Street... i can't stop laughing, very amazing movie and i really can't wait for the sequel this year.

The movie is nice. But,i guess Christian Bale may win an Oscar. But in my opinion, Gravity and The wolf of Wall Street got big shots too.
I don't think Jennifer Lawrence can win it again.
Jonah Hill, there is 80% chance he will receive one.
FROZEN may win best animation of the year.
Sorry, i don't think Dicaprio can do it this year.

"Dumb and Dumber"
It is 1994 film. Quite old movie, but i watched it the other night for the first time. It was really amazing, i enjoyed it a lot. I know Jim Carrey is brilliant actor. I watched "The Mask" before, but these days we don't hear much from him. Is it because he is old?
Not so sure, i mean people these days kind of ignore comedy movies in general, unless it contains some dirty work or bad scenes. I recall "Horrible Bosses", and "Bridesmaid". Those were big hits mainly because of the content.
But others like "Grown Ups" struggle to attract views. Adam Sandler is not funny any more.
Anyway, "Dumb and Dumber TO" sequel is coming out this year. I definitely will watch it. The surprise is that both lead actors from 1994 will lead the cast in the sequel. Plus Jennifer Lawrence filmed a cameo too.

Lawless...

My God that's a good film.

Great story telling and screenplay, characters that engage the viewer on all fronts, whether it be hating them or loving them... and the acting across the board is faultless.

Favourite Shia LaBeouf role by far, he's definitely redeemed himself after a string of bad movies...

... and (I've said this before about Hardy in Warrior) yet again Tom Hardy is cementing himself as one of my favourite actors of all time.

So glad I bought this on DVD today. One of the best of the 2010s by a long way.

with an extra
... and another
for good luck.

Oblivion

Think WALL-E crossed with Moon.

Although... it isn't a patch on either and I was thoroughly bored from start to end.

It's not the greatest sci-fi ever, but half a star? It's better than that - solid 3 star film for me.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
The Amazing Spider-Man

I hoped this won't happen but it did,only thing good in this movie is creation of "parents mystery",I guess it is a decent start of series,it was boring most of the time,best scenes were at Oscorp,part 2 will probably be a lot better,I mean from the trailer it looks like they took best parts of this movie and done them better,and ofc more of them,best part of this movie for me is that mystery,everything else was just basic.Decant movie,second one will probably be a lot better.

VERDICT: 6.5/10

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Aside from Forrest Gump, I actually went onto watch three other movies yesterday. I guess that I was just in that kind-of a mood.

Cars 2:
I think that we can all pretty well guess that this movie wasn't up to the high-standards that Pixar has been known for, at least for me. I loved Toy Story, Bug's Life, Monster's Inc, and a lot of their other movies, and I moderately enjoyed Cars for its great animation albeit average story. This movie just really didn't have a lot to offer. I realize that it made a lot of money and it also maintained a lot of the animation that I enjoyed, but the story felt so campy and unthoughtful that it really felt more like a TV animated movie. And not a good TV animated movie like Lion King 2, (which I liked) but something along the lines of Open Season 2. (I didn't even like the first one.) The movie doesn't focus around Lightning much whatsoever in favor of Mater, who is an acquired taste that I don't have. 3.0/10.0

Desperado:
From the gifted-mind of Robert Rodriguez comes the sequel to the beloved El Mariachi, which ... I have not seen. I couldn't find it, and I didn't think that the stories had much continuity with them. I will watch it down the line along with Once Upon a Time in the West, but I can't be bothered right now. Anyway, Robert Rodriguez, known for this series, along with Sin City and Spy Kids amongst other things. I thought that the first three Spy Kids movies were entertaining, especially whenever I was a kid. And I hear good things about Sin City, he also did one of the ****** Grindhouse movies and the Machete sequels that followed. So, maybe I was a little hasty when I said that he was gifted. The movie stars Antonio Banderas, who is somebody that I enjoy in small doses. The movie wasn't anything amazing, but it has some humorous moments, I liked Quinton Tarrantino's cameo in the movie, but the story itself never really clicked on an emotional level. Although, maybe that has something to do with the fact that I haven't seen the first one. 6.0/10.0

This is one of the movies that I always knew would be good, but never got around to watching, however, I must say that I never expected it to be THAT good. I mean, Jesus Christ, the movie was almost three-hours long and I was hooked from the beginning to the end. Samuel L. Jackson, perhaps, did the performance of his career, while Bruce Willis and John Travolta were no slouches at all whatsoever. I loved how the story never went in one particular direction, it didn't seem to have any long-term message except for being entertaining. And then, the end happened, and I actually found myself going ape-**** nuts for Jackson's speech at the end. Just a very good movie, probably the best that I have watched this year so far. 8.5/10.0

The Amazing Spider-Man
I hoped this won't happen but it did,only thing good in this movie is creation of "parents mystery",I guess it is a decent start of series,it was boring most of the time,best scenes were at Oscorp,part 2 will probably be a lot better,I mean from the trailer it looks like they took best parts of this movie and done them better,and ofc more of them,best part of this movie for me is that mystery,everything else was just basic.Decant movie,second one will probably be a lot better.

VERDICT: 6.5/10
I liked it, although, for me, it's only about a seven, I liked the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. I also like that Peter Parker felt like a new character and not a rehash of what we saw in the Sam Raimi trilogy. I, too, expect for the sequel to be much better.

Just saw District 9 as it was on the tv. Really do like this film. I just feel so sorry for Wikus and his whole situation. Does not really have a happy ending. Still hoping for a sequel! 8/10

Twitter: @MandFReviews

Finished here. It's been fun.
Midnight Cowboy-Great film featuring fantastic performances by Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight. I found the plot compelling, but it meandered quite a bit. But it all ends up heading towards a powerful conclusion. Definitely a classic film from the roaring 60's.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
In other words, if you think you can pick up more reps if you repost this in your thread, you'll do it, right?

I would probably rep it again anyways, because it was an excellent review.
Oh good, I'm glad to see my reputation as a rep whore has become fairly widespread on the board. Saves me having to explain myself over and over.

And thank you very much.

I loved the movie. One of 2013's best with incredible performances by McConaughey, Leto, and Jennifer Garner.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I loved the movie. One of 2013's best with incredible performances by McConaughey, Leto, and Jennifer Garner.
I'm watching this tonight; looking forward to it.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Sideways-Film about the mediocrity and unfulfillment of middle age.It's neither bleak, nor is it sentimental. Its smooth, sweet and honest. A mature roadtrip movie about two men drinking wine,eating food and living life. Very mellow viewing.

jennifer garner was so useless in that movie.
What exactly were you hoping she'd do? Use her teeth as a can opener for the other characters? Carry Matthew McConaughey and transsexual Jared Leto on her back through the hospital? Make them clothes? Run the whole f**king Dallas Buyers Club and let Ron and Rayon just sit on their asses and collect the money? God! You think all women should just be slaves, don't ya?