2018 NFL PickEm League

Tools    

I hate not watching that Bears/Packers game last week.

Panthers are my team, but that was not entertaining football. It's hard to make that 3+ hour commitment. Guess that's why Redzone is the second coming of crack. I'd love to try it out...just one time...oh, first one's free?
The NFL is the American Sport that's on at the most convenient time here. Most matches start at 6PM on Sunday. The Dodgers games usually start after midnight if they're playing at home or against someone else on the West Coast and those games can go ridiculously long, so i very rarely get to watch them live. Celtics are on towards midnight usually too.

What's Redzone? Is it an NFL streaming service or something?

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
The NFL is the American Sport that's on at the most convenient time here. Most matches start at 6PM on Sunday. The Dodgers games usually start after midnight if they're playing at home or against someone else on the West Coast and those games can go ridiculously long, so i very rarely get to watch them live. Celtics are on towards midnight usually too.

What's Redzone? Is it an NFL streaming service or something?

Somebody can correct me, because I've never had it. It's one of the premium services, probably comes with the League Pass.

It is basically a guy showing you all the touchdowns as they happen or immediately after and maybe teams likely getting ready to score. Probably really big with fantasy.

Somebody can correct me, because I've never had it. It's one of the premium services, probably comes with the League Pass.

It is basically a guy showing you all the touchdowns as they happen or immediately after and maybe teams likely getting ready to score. Probably really big with fantasy.
Yeah, i'm getting more interested but i'm not quite at the stage where i'd be into that yet haha.

Was cool seeing a few of the touchdowns during the games though, except the constant cuts to the Saints-Tampa game

I'm sketchy with Nawlins' (am I saying it right Bubbles?) after last week, but maybe Tyrod isn't as great as Fitzpatrick.
Chargers flying cross country to the Bills? Dunno after they way they looked last week.

I'm sketchy with Nawlins' (am I saying it right Bubbles?) after last week, but maybe Tyrod isn't as great as Fitzpatrick.
Chargers flying cross country to the Bills? Dunno after they way they looked last week.
Last week's results are always important but not for the most obvious reasons.

Yes, the Saints got their asses handed to them by Tampa. Ryan Fitzpatrick is an enigma because he does that occasionally. It didn't surprise me that the Bucs won, but it was surprising how easy it was. It's important to remember that teams who play really well or really poor one week are not actually that good or bad. Betters will have overreactions due to the most recent games, and that's never more the case than going into week 2. On the other hand, the Browns played well, covering the spread at home in an emotional game. They are improved but not yet ready for prime time. The Saints cannot start the season 0-2 at home against 2 mediocre teams or else their season is over. They will not take the Brownies lightly because they played well last week, and they will play much better than they did against Tampa. If you look at the spread, the percentage of people betting on each team is around 50/50. Despite that, it has gone from NO-7 to NO-9 1/2. The Saints win this game and most likely cover.

You're on the right track with the other game. It is true that west coast teams struggle when traveling east, although that's more the case later in the season when weather is a factor and teams are more into the grind. Buffalo looked awful last week and there's certainly some overreaction to that as the Chargers are taking around 2/3 of the bets. The overreaction for Baltimore is one of the reasons why I jumped on Cincinnati Thursday. Back to San Diego; what scares me is the spread. Remember how I said that in the Saints game the action was 50/50 yet the line went from 7 to 9 1/2? Well in this game, with most bets on SD, the spread has gone from 7 1/2 DOWN to the key number of 7. That is reverse line movement, which is what we had Thursday, and also last Sunday in the Browns game. This is alarming and says that the Bills are worth a look. Also, just look at that game and the 7 point spread. There's a lot of people who play teasers and there's no more enticing team to tease this week than SD. If the books wanted to prevent this, they could easily raise the spread to 9 1/2 like they did in the Saints game, but apparently they are not afraid. If Buffalo wins this game outright, they will kill so many teasers that it will ensure books have a profitable week. If I were betting, it would be Buffalo or no play. San Diego, like The Saints, also need to bounce back and save their season, and that's why I think they at least win outright. That and because Buffalo is going to struggle all year with their QB situation, but there's good reason to be cautious with this game.

That's why I only gamble at cards. Love that post TB12.

I always used to kill it in the NFL in my gambling days, but I got killed in every other sport and had no control or discipline. What I learned about the NFL is that the less you follow and watch it, the better you can do betting on it. If you don't watch, you're less likely to be fooled by what you see. Example; I said the Bengals were screaming to be played Thursday. Yet, I don't know anything about Cincinnati or Baltimore.

I always used to kill it in the NFL in my gambling days, but I got killed in every other sport and had no control or discipline. What I learned about the NFL is that the less you follow and watch it, the better you can do betting on it. If you don't watch, you're less likely to be fooled by what you see. Example; I said the Bengals were screaming to be played Thursday. Yet, I don't know anything about Cincinnati or Baltimore.

I know better than to try sports betting. When the poker boom was going, I was really into poker. Online made it so easy and instant, but it taught me like anything else about the highs and lows.

I never ran into any concrete issues, but I realized the effect it had on my mood. Yeah, you win and feel great, but when you lose you... It's how I treat sports now. I gave up on proving I'm a super "Tarheel, Panthers, or Hornets" fan. If I watch it and it starts souring my mood, I quit. I'll go to games and that's a whole different experience, but it's one of the few lessons that's made it through my thick head.

But yeah, if online poker is ever legal you can bet I'm setting up a weekly Moes game.

Unless I missed it, Mr. SeeNC is gathering up to the minute intel before he commits his picks.

I never allowed myself to bet on sports because I would have been right there with Cricket. I was crazy addicted to sports in my late teens and twenties.

I never deposited for poker, I just grew freeroll winnings. I knew that monster was in there and they made depositing money as simple as a few clicks.

I don't usually watch much football outside of the Pats but I think I'll watch an early game today. On one channel is Pitt/KC and the other is Minn/GB, both good games.

I'm curious to see how or if the heat affects NE. Even with Brady playing so long, he's only played in one game over 90 degrees. Kickoff in Jax today is expected to be 92.

Nice to have two worth watching to flip back and forth on.

Clay Matthews committed a really dumb roughing the QB penalty last week. The one he just got called for was a terrible call. It could cost GB the game but I'd hate to see it.

Im not feeling good about rest of my choices i have to depend on Denver and Dallas to least have 3 wins at best in week 2.

Jags look like the team to beat in the AFC. Impressive win. Bortles even looks like the real deal at QB.
I don't know. They played about as good as they can play. We'll see how they fare when they don't.