The 2015 MoFies... The Categories

Tools    

Welcome to the 2015 MoFies Thread!!!
Ideas and whatnot can be posted here, but please do not post your actual nominations… let’s keep them as secret as possible until after the ceremony in January.

This thread is also so you can see what this year’s categories are, and you can get jotting down ideas for what you’re going to vote for.

seanc will make an announcement near the end of November when it’s time for him to start taking nominations.

Ok, I’m going to sort of tie in the Lists Rules with the MoFies Rules… rules on nominations are…

No voting for yourself… let’s all appreciated each other.

Voting opens December 1st 2015 and closes January 5th 2016.
Any nominations before or after the deadlines won't count.

You can post your lists in here, but if you edit, change, add, or delete entries, please just edit your original list post rather than repeat posting.
Also... when the deadline comes for lists between December 1st and January 5th, send your finalised list to seanc in a private message... after that point, you can't change your entries.

Once you have voted/sent in to seanc, you can’t then change your entries.
It makes counting up much harder, and can possibly mess scores up and cost someone their placing.
So, be sure you have filled out all the categories you wish to vote on before you send in your nominations to seanc.
This ruling is also why voting is being stretched to Jan 5th. It gives more time for you to make up your minds on what you’ll be voting for in some categories like Best Post and Best Thread etc.

You can nominate up to 5 MoFos/Threads/Posts per category (in the case of the Best MoFo Couple, you can vote 10 MoFos as there are two MoFos per entry in that category).
This allows you to have a few names in each category so you don’t have to miss anyone out.
The top 5 names/threads/posts in each category will then go into a ballot for everyone to vote on.
It is these ballot votes which determine who wins the MoFie.

Remember, voting opens December 1st 2015 and closes January 5th 2016.
Any nominations before or after the deadlines won't count.

So, here’s the categories for this year… we have two new categories, and also an old one returning, giving us 24 MoFies this year.

1. We Miss You Most Of All

The MoFo who hasn’t been around much, and you miss them.

2. Worst Thread Of The Year

Making a return, Worst Thread… seen a thread that totally sucks? Vote for it here.

3. You’re One Of Us Now! Best New MoFo

Must have joined after 1/1/15 and you think they’ve made the biggest impression since joining.

4. Best Thread Of The Year

Simply, the thread you think is the best of 2015. Must have been created between 1 Jan 15 and 31 Dec 15.

5. Best Post Of The Year

Simply, the post you think is the best of 2015. Must have been created between 1 Jan 15 and 31 Dec 15.

6. Best Game Thread Of The Year

Simply, the game thread you think is the best of 2015. Can be an already existing one, or one that was created between 1 Jan 2015 and 31 Dec 2015.
Any thread under the Games And Tabs forum, and the Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets sub-forum, count for inclusion in this category.

7. How On Earth Did You Come Up With That? Best Username

The MoFo you think has the best username.

8. Smartest MoFo

Simply the MoFo who is the smartest overall MoFo in MoFoLand.

9. Most Improved MoFo

Whether a new MoFo or an older MoFo who you think has improved within the boards. Whether it’s posting, reviewing, or simply taking part in discussions.

10. Most Creative MoFo

What it says on the tin. The MoFo who you think is the most creative.

11. You're A Good Sport

The MoFo who is always taking part in the fun and games and is always up for a laugh.

12. We Like You! Please Post More

The MoFo who you like, and who often visits the site, but rarely posts.

13. Most Helpful MoFo

What it says on the tin. Who do you think is the most helpful?

14. Ray Of Sunshine

The MoFo who makes Movie Forums a nice place to be, who always has good things to say and never gets involved in politics and fighting.

15. Thank You For Being My Friend

The MoFo who has been there for you when you needed a buddy.

16. Best Avatar Of The Year

What it says on the tin. Who did you think had the best avatar of 2015?

17. Sees A Pot, Has To Stir It. Most Controversial MoFo

The MoFo who, whenever there’s a fight, a disagreement or insults being thrown around, they are always in the thick of it, and more than likely the one who started it.

18. Geez! Get A Room Already! Best MoFo Couple

Vote for your MoFo double-act. Two members who are always in the same threads and always work together when on Movie Forums.
Or, two MoFos who are always at each other’s throats, vote for them here, and have a laugh.

19. MoFo Overachiever

The MoFo you think is always trying to impress everyone else, takes part in absolutely every game and thread going and tries way too hard to be liked by everyone.

20. MoFo You'd Most Like To Be Stranded On An Island With

Simply, a nice category for you to vote on. Who would you most like to be stranded on an island with?

21. Funniest MoFo

Again, what it says on the tin. Who do you think is the funniest MoFo?

22. Best Profile Banner

Simple... who do you think has the best, most creative, or simply the most fitting Profile Banner?

23. Movie Reviewer Of The Year

Big category this. MoFos who review have grown in numbers recently, so this is one to take time over and think about. Who do you think is the best, most achieved, well rounded, most fun, whatever, Movie Reviewer on MoFo?

24. Master Of Movies

This is for the MoFo that you think is the best all round MoFo going. Broad knowledge on movies, good at reviews, knows the answers to every question and is simply a book of knowledge when it comes to the site and movies in general.

25. The MoFo Group Thank You For All Your Hard Work

A brand new category. Which MoFo do you think has worked incredibly hard in the name of Movie Forums and its members? Whether it be a Mod or a MoFo, who works off their own back to make Movie Forums a better, more fun, and more pleasurable place to visit.

Damn you, you just had to stop at 24 categories didn't you....

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I donate all my votes to Holden. He's certainly a Master of Movies.
Well, if someone's won the same award twice that person is retired from the category and named an emeritus. I'm happy with that, but others might not be.

No voting for yourself… let’s all appreciated each other.
Can we still stump for potential MoFo winners? I say Ace is a shoe it for:
17. Sees A Pot, Has To Stir It. Most Controversial MoFo

When you say, "no voting for yourself", does that mean you just can't nominate yourself or does it mean you can't vote for yourself if you get nominated on the actual ballot? Previous Mofies didn't allow people to nominate themselves, but they could vote for themselves.

With PM'ing the noms instead if posting them, the hard category for me is best post. I have a hard time remembering individual posts, and other people's noms have been a good place for me to start in the past.

Yeah, no nominating yourself... it's a bit vain to do that The MoFies are for appreciating each other.
We'll get to the voting for yourself thing with the Ballots when we arrive at them.
If Godoggo let people vote for themself in a Ballot, then I see no reason to change it.
But no nominating yourself.

Also, these are the same categories as last year, I just added Worst Thread back in (Godoggo decided to drop it last year as she thought it was a dead subject, I think it's kinda fun though), and I created that last one, the Group Thank You, after it was talked about in the other MoFie thread.
Group Thank You is like a category that was in the first 2013 MoFies. It was called "I just want you to know that you're a great MoFo" and there was another one that was similar, but they were combined, and then changed to the "Thank You For Being My Friend" cat.

I think a group thanks to someone is a nice category tbh. I know who I'm voting for already in that one.

Unless it's tongue in cheek, I never pictured overachiever(#19) with that definition.
It is a little tongue in cheek

It kinda covers a few bases, someone who takes part in everything really is the main thing but I added the "wanting to be liked by everyone" as a bit of fun.

Just saw about the secret rule.

If you want to bring attention to certain posts and threads, by all means post them in here, kinda like a "I thought this was funny" sort of thing but keep your actual lists a secret.
It makes it a little more of a surprise for the nominees and keeps the tension going

Like, for instance, I asked who had the Bale kissing avatar because I thought it was pretty cool, but doesn't necessarily mean it'll make my noms
It may, but it might not.

You can also ask about ideas as well, for instance, best post, if you're stuck for what to put.

Just remember to keep your actual nominations a secret.