Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Little Fugitive - 8/10

The first neo-realist American film I can think of.. Very sweet movie about a few brothers living in NYC. Don't wanna say too much. It's light-hearted (with some conflict) and funny at times. It's a great piece of history. A few times the modern part of me had some apprehension, but it was a different time. I was so happy to see a sign say "Smile - It's worth it and it costs you nothing". I loved looking in the background to find history.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yeah, it's a great little movie, but it's more cinema verite than neorealism, really.

EDIT: Cinema verite before cinema verite, obviously.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A man and his girlfriend goes to a dinner party at his exgirlfriends-who he hasnt seen in 2 years.

I had for some reason gotten into my head that this had gotten really bad ratings,however i see its got a 6,6 on imdb so i have no idea where i got that from.
I didnt know anything about it before i watched,i just thought the poster looked a bit cheap-yet interesting.
and it is. it reminds me a bit of coherence,though its not the same genre nor even remotely the same storyline. maybe because of the high end indie feel of it-the quiet.
alot are probably going to fall off during the first 10 minutes but stick with it.i think the only major letdown of this movie is,very unfortunatly,the lead-both the character and the actor. the character can be a bit too pensive and sad and genuinly does too many weird things (how long was he sitting alone in different rooms of someone elses house?)
As for the actor well...he just wasnt any good,however a great supporting cast made up for that.somewhat anyways.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I completely understand. I watched this long waste of my time from start to finish. It is a movie about a boy with zero personality. He is surrounded by a plethora of extreme personalities at every age. Feels like there is a desperate attempt to incorporate a reality TV feel to the film. I'm not sure why all the Oscar nominations and one win? Must have been a slow year in Hollywood. I did not enjoy it. Just because it's long and took a very long time to make, does not make this a good movie.

Boyhood (2014)

i agree about boyhood-i mean it was nice seeing the changes over the years and i suppose the point of the movie was for it to be everyday-like. but nothing noteworthy happened.
i did however like the part of the mum at the end where she says she thought there would be more. that kind of got to me-but the movie was forgotten about as soon as it ended

I completely understand. I watched this long waste of my time from start to finish. It is a movie about a boy with zero personality. He is surrounded by a plethora of extreme personalities at every age. Feels like there is a desperate attempt to incorporate a reality TV feel to the film. I'm not sure why all the Oscar nominations and one win? Must have been a slow year in Hollywood. I did not enjoy it. Just because it's long and took a very long time to make, does not make this a good movie.

Boyhood (2014)
I liked the movie but respect your opinion because I don't think it was worth all the hype it received, severely overrated.

I liked the movie but respect your opinion because I don't think it was worth all the hype it received, severely overrated.
I preferred the "Before _______" trilogy... "Tape" and "Walking Life"

A man and his girlfriend goes to a dinner party at his exgirlfriends-who he hasnt seen in 2 years.

I had for some reason gotten into my head that this had gotten really bad ratings,however i see its got a 6,6 on imdb so i have no idea where i got that from.
I didnt know anything about it before i watched,i just thought the poster looked a bit cheap-yet interesting.
and it is. it reminds me a bit of coherence,though its not the same genre nor even remotely the same storyline. maybe because of the high end indie feel of it-the quiet.
alot are probably going to fall off during the first 10 minutes but stick with it.i think the only major letdown of this movie is,very unfortunatly,the lead-both the character and the actor. the character can be a bit too pensive and sad and genuinly does too many weird things (how long was he sitting alone in different rooms of someone elses house?)
As for the actor well...he just wasnt any good,however a great supporting cast made up for that.somewhat anyways.

I didn't think it was so weird since it used to be his house.

Early Summer (1951)

Top 4 Ozu for me out of about 10 I've seen so far. The theme is a pretty common one for him; the family wants the daughter to marry but she has a mind of her own. The daughter is played by Setsuko Hara, and it's great with her being the main character as she's such a pleasure to watch. There are other familiar faces as well. I wouldn't quite say the movie knocked my socks off but it's beautifully done.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Little Fugitive - 8/10

The first neo-realist American film I can think of.. Very sweet movie about a few brothers living in NYC. Don't wanna say too much. It's light-hearted (with some conflict) and funny at times. It's a great piece of history. A few times the modern part of me had some apprehension, but it was a different time. I was so happy to see a sign say "Smile - It's worth it and it costs you nothing". I loved looking in the background to find history.

Yeah, it's a great little movie, but it's more cinema verite than neorealism, really.

EDIT: Cinema verite before cinema verite, obviously.
Louisiana Story is older and closer to neorealism.

Louisiana Story is older and closer to neorealism.
Thanks Mark! I saw this on youtube, but I skipped (to make sure it was in English) but I only heard one or two being spoken.. Is this true?

I didn't think it was so weird since it used to be his house.
its still weird though,it just would have been even weirder had he not lived there before do you usually leave the dinner party youve been invited to at someone elses house to sit in the garden or another room by yourself?

its still weird though,it just would have been even weirder had he not lived there before do you usually leave the dinner party youve been invited to at someone elses house to sit in the garden or another room by yourself?
When I was drinking I did. Usually the homeowner would find me after everyone was gone, passed out with my pants around my ankles.

En som deg/ Must have been love
Language: norwegian/finnish

Kaisa is on a girls trip in Istanbul,when she accidentely locks herself out of her hotel at night.Three men offers her to come stay at their neighbouring room for the night and she accepts. The next day the men offers to take the girls out for a barbeque.Kaisa immediatly hits it off with Jacob but the next day he has to go back Norway and she to Finland.After getting a job in Norway,she runs into him at the supermarket but he doesnt remember her-Turns out he just looks like him and they start dating.She then runs into Jacob at a bar and she has to chose between the two.

Im not really going to worry about spoilers as i assume most here wont watch it (its all in the trailer and original title anyway)
The movie is okay,both the lead actors are great-however im a bit confused to as what was the point of the movie?
The norwegian title "En som deg" means "Someone like you"- so i knew from the trailer what was going to happen- however whats unclear is wether she knew they were two different guys or if she thought he had actually forgotten her- they deliberately,or so it seems, keep their names from us but obviously she must have known. she does however try style up boring Andreas to be more like Jacob-the fun and charasmatic man she met on holiday. However she doesnt seem all that shocked either when she finally meets him again at the bar. I get the bigger picture of not settling andchange people into your dream version of them,go out and get the real thing. but the movie itself still confused me.
cute little movie though

When I was drinking I did. Usually the homeowner would find me after everyone was gone, passed out with my pants around my ankles.
lmfao if there 2 when that happens-you`ve had a good night
if youre alone with your pants around your ankles then thats just sad my friend

Suicide Squad-
: A poorly made film, but it made me feel more apathetic than annoyed. Editing is crappy, characterization ranges from thin to none, and the plot basically doesn't exist. A fun first act gives way to a BvS-esque pileup of scenes that refuse to flow into each other. The movie's biggest sin is that it was sold as being unique for a comic book movie, and superficially, it is (the protagonists are villains instead of heroes), but in structure and style it is very derivative of the played out genre (I had the same problem with Deadpool-superficially, the R-rated humor separates it, but in structure it covers the usual Marvel bases).

Unknown (2006) (Dir. Simon Brand)

Half a dozen people wake up in a locked warehouse after a botched kidnapping with no memory of whose side they're on. I decided to dig this up after remembering a trailer for it that I saw a decade ago. I'm a fan of bottled films and whodunnits, so the premise alone was worth checking out, not to mention the robust casting. Unfortunately, Unknown can best be described as Reservoir Dogs fanfiction sans any amount of Tarantino's personality or craft.

The things that work are chiefly outlines lifted from a better film. Almost all unique choices are missteps, including but not limited to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation flash back filters, heartfelt moments that fall flat, the lazy parallel ransom plot, a Home Alone booby trap, and a Shymalan-esque conclusion. Most egregiously of all, it was backed by the Weinstein Company. It's a short and sufficient crime thriller, but you'll probably be disappointed unless it's airing on Spike at 3am.

http://boxd.it/aN75Z

Madness is the emergency exit…
Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016)

Quite dark & interesting psychological thriller from India about this serial killer, Ramanna, inspired by the works of a real-life serial killer named Raman Raghav who left a trail of ghastly murders in mid 60s in Mumbai. Ramanna's story is set in present time and it gradually explores his discovery of an unlikely partner in crime from an opposite end!
India's one of the most popular & best contemporary character actors Nawazuddin Siddiqui nailed the title role brilliantly and the young actor who portrayed the role of an addict cop also shines in his part.

Shelley (2016)

Pretty slow burn or art-house take on pregnancy horror. Not as good as I expected as it left quite a number of things unexplained.

Brink of Life (1958)

Three pregnant bitches in a maternity ward; that's what the film's title could have been because that's what it is. Do they want the baby, does their family want the baby, will the baby be born healthy, will the baby be born at all, etc. I thought it was fairly simple for a Bergman film, but it still has power. It's an easy watch at just over 80 minutes with no wasted time.

Dick Tracy -

This was pretty enjoyable overall.I think when i was younger i had seen some or all of this as there were some scenes that i know i've seen before. Loved the costumes, set design, and some of the makeup although some of these guys faces will probably give me nightmares. Great use of colour, all of the neon greens,purples,etc reminded me of Batman Forever which is a film i adore visually. Al Pacino was very good i thought while some of the other performances weren't the best. Decent film, nothing special though.