Scariest Scene in a movie

Tools    

A film I saw about a year ago whose name escapes me. If you scream, the monster will kill you. The hero thinks he's OK at the end but his friend through the movie turns out to be a hollowed out corpse with the monster inside him, controlling him.

The casual torture scenes in the first Hostel film.

Decades ago I saw Night of the Living Dead (original) with friends in the early hours of the morning at a Comic Convention. Those still alive are locked in the basement of a house and the dead are advancing on them, but unknown to them, one of their number has died and the zombie is now, hands outstretched, coming towards them from behind them. Just at that point, I put my hand on the shoulder of a friend sitting in front of me. He did not take it too well, after jumping three feet into the air.

Movie Fan
When Barbara Hershey lifts her head,spreads her nostrils,sniffs the foul stench that surrounds her,gets smacked in the face,then brutallly raped by a Poltergeist,in...

Definitely scary, and also at the end when she's moving out of the house and she goes back in to see if she left anything behind. The door slams and you hear a low growling voice saying "welcome home, cu*t", now that is freaky too.

loves movies .... but willing to know more :)
i got scared during the part in Drag Me to Hell when the handkerchief was flying towards the car of the lead girl actress

probably already mentioned, but paranormal activities.

there isn't one part that i can say for sure scared me, but the attic scene scared me a lot

The Exorcist

The scene from The Ring when Samara crawls out of the television. It was one of those things that you expected to happen, but didn't really think was actually going to occur.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
my level of being scared has changed over the years as i have grown as a movie goer. when i was little, i didn't dare look at the Elephant Man but the one time, i snuck a look, the makeup scared me to tears. when i watched the first Nightmare on Elm Street, i didnt get scared by Freddy's burns--just the sound of the nails against anything to make that scraping noise. even now, it makes cold chills down my spine. now, i am waiting on to be truly scared....

Anarchist within reason
I watched the Fourth Kind on monday night and the 'actual footage' scene when abigail tyler is under hypnosis and she seems to be possessed by 'the aliens' her mouth seems to stretch and her jaw dislocates, that and the 'sumarian' voice were quite scary. In fact the whole film freaked me out to be honest.

The scene in Alien when the alien is waiting for Dallas at the bottom of the shaft, you catch a glimpse of it when his flamethrower glances on it briefly before it leaps out.

Two from the movie 'Signs', first when Mel Gibson is in his daughters bedroom and he sees the 'figure' on his barn roof.

The other is the scene when the army general is telling Joaquin Phoenix his theory on what is going on in the town, "strangers in the shadows", there is just something unsettling about how he describes it.
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

The scene from "Wait until dark" where one of the robbers jump from a passage way, oh God, nothing scared me that much in a long time. Scene from the first "Evil Dead" film where Bruce slaps the girl, and she just sits there laughnig out loud, and also the tree rape scene. Scene from "The omen" where the priest dies, but thats mostly because of the music. Maybe the best demonized characters were in Ingmar Bergmans "The hour of the wolf" where Johan Borg meets Veronica Vogel for the first time, after many years, and suddenly you hear laughter comming from out side the shot, van Sydow then looks and sees the whole family sitting watching... I can`t explain better, it just terrifies me to think about that scene...

in The Shinning i thought the scene with jack Nicholson and the kid running in the maze was a very scary scene

and on Freddy Vs Jason

when it showed little girls jumping rope and singing 1,2 freddy is coming for you 2,3 better lock your doors, 5,6 stay up late 7,8 never sleep again

'Crawling out of the TV' scene in The Ring (original Japanese movie)... crrrrrreepy !

I think the paranormal activity movie - when the girl was standing for almost 2 hours and when she was drag out of bed of an unseen being. Creepy!

I've also watch The Excorcist and it is the scariest movie for me.

The scene toward the end of The Orphanage where the lead actress is playing that game with the children, and every time she turns around they're closer to her.

Black Sunday ( 1960 ) - When Princess Asa Vajda was first branded by her Grand Inquisition executioners with an S (The Mark of Satan) on her bare back, and then condemned: "Cover her face with the mask of Satan. Nail it down! May the cleansing flames reduce her foul body to ashes so that the winds will obliterate all trace of her existence"; she responded to her accusers with a curse on her executioners and their progeny: "It is I who repudiate you and in the name of Satan, I place a curse upon you. Go ahead. Tie me down to the stake, but you will never escape my hunger nor that of Satan. (Thunder sounded) The unchained elements of the powers of darkness are lying in ambush...My revenge will strike down you and your cursed house and in the blood of your sons, and the sons of their sons, I will continue to live immortal. They will restore to me the life that you now rob from me. (The iron 'mask of steel' - lined with sharp spikes on the inside - was placed on her face) I shall return to torment and destroy throughout the night..."; the executioner then hammered the mask down onto her face with a large wooden mallet, causing screams, blood-splattering and gushing blood through the eyeholes.

Children Of The Corn ( 1984 ) - The opening scene with the famous coffee shop massacre of the Gatlin adults after Sunday church, and the scene of a boy stumbling out onto the highway clutching his sliced throat when he was hit by a car in the middle of the road.

Halloween ( 1978 ) - The opening sequence of young Michael Myers murdering his teenaged sister Judith with a long butcher knife and then being unmasked on the front lawn wearing a clown costume. Also, the extended sequence of Michael Myers stalking teenaged babysitter Laurie - he sat straight up (in the background) after being stabbed in the eye with a coat hanger and had appeared as a shadow next to her and tried to stab her.

Village Of The Damned ( 1960 ) - When resident scientist Professor Gordon Zellaby faced-off against the deadly-staring "children" in a brick schoolhouse.

The scene where Freddy's arms lengthen and he chases and then kills that blonde girl in A Nightmare On Elm Street.

in "IT" when Pennywise appears in the gutter

also in in "IT"....

the moving pictures....

Pennywise the clown in the cementary.....

Yeah the moving picture was freaky..

The scene in Evil Dead 2 when Ash's girlfriend gets out of the grave and starts dancing around

Hayden Christensen's performances in SW ep 2 and 3 lol

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
It made me afraid of clowns and I only heard about it. Therefore, I would probably go without sleep for days after watching it (It) (However you wanna read that pun)