MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

I'm really against going away from head to head, but in Spauldings post me being 9th place does make sense. Screw it, I aint winning anyway. If yall want to change it up next year I'll abide.

Let the night air cool you off
Justin is 4-5? Dude has like a fricken all star team
I've made a lot of bad choices this year plus Chase started slow and Kupp and Kamara were out for several weeks to start the year.

I've heard of leagues doing the 2 point per week scoring thing as well. One point for winning your head to head and one for finishing in the top half in points.

Hopefully it will come down to Monday Night Football with my match up. The Clowns are full force on Sunday, and Monday I'll have Russel Wilson, Gabe Davis, and Bass my kicker. Do have Kmet going tonight. lol! What is the difference between optimism and stubborn hopefullness?

Looks like CeeDee Lamb (34 fps) got vaccinated to the TONGO curse, and I'm gonna need over 50 from Russell Wilson, Gabe Davis and my kicker Bass to beat Spauling tomorrow night.

Sounds good to me! Don't jinx my janx!

A system of cells interlinked
Just made it over the goal line for another close victory vs. Mr. Pike's Love Brokers. Will now go to 5-5, with a really tough week to come. One of my top backs goes on a bye, and both my current sub TE and my main guy are out for various reasons. What little hope I had for a late season run will most likely be extinguished next week.

The trick is not minding
Looks like I got stuck playing either the top or second-highest scorer yet again.
Cook losing a fumble on the first play of the game doesn’t bode well for him. I think you’ve got this.

The trick is not minding
So, I basically need to win my last 4 games to finish 8-6, or go no worse than 7-7 and hope for some help, to make the playoffs. Ok then. Challenge accepted

I woke up right as the game was ending. Took the lead about 5 minutes after I opened my eyes. We've all had that happen to us if we've played this game for a few seasons. Yodas team led the entire time until right at the end. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Its just crazy. Maybe if you didn't have 6 fingers on your right hand, this wouldn't happen to you!

Yep, came a few minutes away there. The fumble gave me a glimmer of hope.

Somehow I don't think I'm out of it yet, but that's a pretty rough one. Just keep playing the wrong people at the wrong time.

I don’t know if it’s funny, or should make me cry, that my fantasy team and real team have about mirrored each other this year. Unfortunately I don’t have an OC to scapegoat.

I was sooooo close to winning, this week. All I needed was one stinking touchdown. Unfortunately I needed it from a New York Jet. So another loss, it was! For only the third time since I lost my two stars, Justin Jefferson and De'Von Achane, I broke a hundred total points for a week. But I was still short.

It started out predictably poorly for me. Between injuries and BYEs I didn't have a lot of choices for my FLEX spot. My two best choices were Chuba Hubbard and Brandon Aiyuk. Because Deebo was due back for Frisco and McCaffrey was healthy again, I went with Hubbard. Unfortunately for me, The Panthers were just plain terrible on Thursday Night Football, and Chuba (rhymes with tuba) had only 23 yards on nine carries plus another 16 on two passes. No score, of course, so that only adds up to 4.90 Fantasy points.

The good news is one of my two Washington Commanders finally had a big, breakout game. Brian Robinson Jr., though he still struggled for yardage on the ground (38 yards on eight carries), had a great day catching passes, aided by two big chunk plays, including a 51-yard TD. 119 receiving yards in total, and a Fantasy score of 24.70. Hallelujah! It was his second highest score of the year (he had a 27.90 against Denver in Week 2) and what I have been waiting for all year, as a Fantasy manager and a Commanders fan. Hopefully this performance gets him continued looks in the passing game.

While Robinson was having one of his best days as a pro, the team's nominal top receiver, Terry McLaurin, was again mostly shut out, managing only 33 yards on eight targets. *sigh* His 5.30 was the fifth time this season and the second time in three weeks where he couldn't even break 10.00. He is waaaaay overdue for a big game. Mayhaps it will come this week against their floundering division mates the NYG? My other WR, Michael Pittman, had a decent day for Indy, 8 of 12 targets for 84 yards. But he didn't score so that added up to 12.40.

TE has been a black hole for me all year. I know I am not alone, but it is still frustrating. BUT, after all those weeks of ineptitude (including two weeks where the position posted a 0.00) I may have found a late-season diamond in the rough! Arizona Rookie Trey McBride had en explosive game in Week 8, when I didn't play him. He came back to Earth in the crushing defeat to Cleveland, but in Kyler Murray's first game off the IR he caught eight balls for 131 yards! He didn't score against Atlanta or his number would have been amazing, but my Tight End got me 17.10 points! Oh. My. God.

I had to use my backup TD, as Tua had a BYE. Happily Baker Mayfield had a pretty good game in the win over the floundering Titans for 22.32. Which to be fair beats Tagovailoa's scores in two of the past three weeks. So he ably served his purpose as my BYE coverage.

It all came down to Sunday Night Football. Sedai had two great performers in Brock Purdy (who did get a TD for Aiyuk on my bench, dagnabbit) and Amon-Ra St. Brown who scored 29.84 and 26.50, respectively. I couldn't get too mad about St. Brown, as I have him on my other Fantasy team and I needed his points myself (we do full PPR so he got me 30.50!). Even with those two giant scores I could have caught him. He had nobody going Sunday night or Monday and I still had my DEF (Las Vegas) and my defacto top RB Breece Hall. The Raiders got me 8.00 points against The Jets, but what I really needed was about fourteen or fifteen points from Breece. Frustratingly he ran in for a TD....but it was called back for holding and he never sniffed the goal line again. Only 28 yards running but another 47 on three passes for an even 9.00. I lost 113.04 to 109.72. a gap of only 3.32. That frickin' holding call - and the overall ineptness of the Jets offense - cost me the win. Or if I had started Aiyuk over Hubbard.

If I had stopped the bleeding at 5-5, with possibly getting both Jefferson and Achane back I may have had a chance to make a late run towards the playoffs. But at 4-6 with four other teams with a game lead, from tenth place a late charge is gonna be damn tough. It is going to take winning out the rest of the regular season, which is likely waaaay too much to ask for, superstars or not.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra