The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It's been said a few times that the film will NOT follow the comic series "Prey." Hugo Strange will be the main villain in the new Batman video game, however.

I don't want to know ANYTHING about the film untill I see it. I love how Nolan keeps his films secret till the very end. It makes me want to see them more.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I don't want to know ANYTHING about the film untill I see it. I love how Nolan keeps his films secret till the very end. It makes me want to see them more.
Yeh, the more suspense kept the better it'll be.

Semper Fooey
In that case you guys should stay from movie forums like this because more information will come out and the rest of us will discuss it.

Endangered Species
In that case you guys should stay from movie forums like this because more information will come out and the rest of us will discuss it.
And sometimes a spoiler will pop up that you might not want to know about before you see the film.

I love how Nolan keeps his films secret till the very end. It makes me want to see them more.
I agree with this 10 billion percent. His trailers manage to avoid any substantial plot details, and I'm convinced this aids in my enjoyment of his films tremendously. I really hope other filmmakers follow this lead and start insisting on giving away far less in their promotional materials. It's ruining countless films.

Yeah, I like that too. It's just a better system, and I think it could with any genre. I think trailers are usually so descriptive so that people "know what they're in for", since everything is already standardized.

I dunno why I never thought of Guy Pearce in one of Nolan's Batman films, but that would be pretty sick. He seems like a good fit in a general sense.
Definitely mate. Pearce can play any character and just works too well with Nolan. The REAL dream team. I do remember reading an article a good while ago about how he wanted to be in the 3rd one. I'll have a look around and see if I can post it.

"The opening scene of the movie will blow your mind."

Dude, i am already excited...but this does excite me more, even though I already knew most of what this short article had to say like shooting more of it for IMAX. I saw The Dark Knight 8 times at the "Ultrascreen" where I work.... and once in the Humphrey IMAX Dome Theater in Milwaukee. I enjoyed each showing and the action scenes were pretty damn cool, I must say, in the IMAX but I didn't sit high enough so my neck was a little sore to say the least....totally worth it though.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I agree with this 10 billion percent. His trailers manage to avoid any substantial plot details, and I'm convinced this aids in my enjoyment of his films tremendously. I really hope other filmmakers follow this lead and start insisting on giving away far less in their promotional materials. It's ruining countless films.
Don't need to tell that to J.J. Abrams.

Has the plot of the film really been leaked? Or is this just a hoax?

The plot of 'The Dark Knight Rises' has reportedly been leaked online.

SPOILER ALERT

Movie website Badass Digest and Batman-On-Film have both posted the apparent storyline for Nolan's third and final 'Batman' movie. Going back to events from the first film, 'Batman Begins', the villains will once again be the League of Shadows. But instead of Liam Neeson, who played the shadowy group's leader Ra's al Ghul, his daughter Talia al Ghul (reportedly played by Marion Cotillard) will appear in the movie determined to avenge her father's death.

Tom Hardy's Bane will appear as both her muscle and love interest. Joseph Gordon-Levitt will also be a member of the League of Shadows, according to the reports.

Batman-On-Film posted on its site, "Some 'TDKR' details have leaked. I know that they are true because I've known about it for a few weeks now."

It's also reported that Anne Hathaway's Catwoman won't be a villain in the movie, but will in fact aid Batman in his fight with the League of Shadows.

Sounds great.

You can see for yourself when the film opens next Summer.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/03032011/...-leaked-0.html

Is anyone else a little put off that almost everyone from Inception is being cast. Marion Cottilard did nothing for me in either Inception or Public Enemies

Yeah, she was creepy but her characters are always written quite weakly and serve mainly to characterise her male counterpart, more than anything.

Is anyone else a little put off that almost everyone from Inception is being cast. Marion Cottilard did nothing for me in either Inception or Public Enemies
I see no reason to be put off by it if they're right for the parts. Lots of directors have certain actors they just like to work with. That's why guys like Frank Capra, Alfred Hitchcock and John Ford used the same actors in multiple films. Tim Burton likes Johnny Depp. Steven Spielberg likes Tom Hanks. I don't see it as a concern.

Semper Fooey
It seems a little weird to have Talia and Catwoman in the movie and for Catwoman to be completely good. I'll wait and see, but this storyline so far isn't exciting me. But I wouldn't bet the farm this is the actual story. All the pre leaked information has been wrong so far. No Riddler and no Hugo Strange. The Hugo Strange plot sounded better than this one.