Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Planet of the Vampires (1965)

Bava's old school scifi horror B-movie that's pretty much a mix of Star Trek and The Twilight Zone. It's mostly known for having some similarities to Alien but I think the connection is blown out of proportion. While it has some silly charm to it it's not my kind of scifi (nor Bava). Maybe @Citizen Rules would enjoy this

--

What Happened to Monday (2017)

A dystopian scifi about overpopulation and extreme one child policy. While the premise is somewhat relevant and realistic the actual worldbuilding is laughably bad. Noomi Rapace is poor man's Tatiana Maslany. For some reason I still didn't hate it.

Planet of the Vampires (1965)

Bava's old school scifi horror B-movie that's pretty much a mix of Star Trek and The Twilight Zone. It's mostly known for having some similarities to Alien but I think the connection is blown out of proportion. While it has some silly charm to it it's not my kind of scifi (nor Bava). Maybe Citizen Rules would enjoy this
I had seen Planet of the Vampires, a couple people recommended it to me here It is the kind of B sci fi movie I usually love, but I didn't really care for it.

Welcome to the human race...
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu -

whenever anyone claims that a new video game movie is the best one yet, don't believe them

Welcome to the human race...
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu -

whenever anyone claims that a new video game movie is the best one yet, don't believe them

Fell asleep a few times, but managed to finish it over 2 days, I think. Two leads very good. Interesting story. Glenn Close very good, as per usual. Interesting that her daughter played her as a young woman.

Hanna

Johnny English Strikes Again

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Redcon-1: A zombie outbreak has plagued the UK and a group of SAS officers and U.S. Army Special Forces are assigned to find a scientist among the survivors who may have the cure for the outbreak in the quarantined zone with 72 hours before the zone gets decimated. Unlike the zombies many are used to, these zombies can attack and fight. Good gore and when it calls for it, nice action and martial arts fights. The only gripe, it was a bit too long. There was some unnecessary filler involving survivors resorting to their own militaristic tactics to fight the zombies.

wow I was all set to watch this the other night and then I read some reviews and decided not to ever... rethinking that now

What Men Want (2019)

I had a feeling the trailer would have most of the funny parts, and that was the case. There are many scenes where the jokes fell flat with me, and my wife thought the same. The concept was appealing, but they took too many cheap, stupid, shallow routes instead of making it a more intelligent movie.

The Last Airbender (M Night Shyamalan, 2010)

Hard to take The Adventures Of 'This-Way-Up' Boy seriously ... especially when done so poorly

Rewatched these

Stone (2010) 3/5
The World is Not Enough (1999) 3/5
Fallen (1998) 3/5
Soldier (1998) 2.5/5

Rabid Dogs (1974)

A crime thriller about robbers who, during their escape after a robbery, kidnap a woman and a man with sick child. Most of the film happens in a car and it's quite different from other Bavas' I've seen. It's bleak nihilistic tone resembles film like Cut-throats Nine and The Last House on the Left. Acting is little so-so but otherwise it's quite OK.

Fading Gigolo (John Turturro, 2013)
+
So basically Turturro employs Allen to try and help him be Allen