Was Bush a Deserter?

Tools    

BANNED
Originally Posted by Yoda
Everyone who's been here as long as Silver has knows exactly what he's referring to; a time when discourse here was insightful, high-minded, and focused on cinema. In what I'm sure is a total coincidence, this time period took place before you showed up.
Now this is incontrovertible evidence that you are a racist. The fact that you allege that I am responsible for lowering the standards in this forum says it all. As it happens, most of the material I have posted in here happens to be way more insightful and high-minded than what most others have posted. And reading back on earlier posts in the forum, none of that material looks to me to be any more insightful or high-minded than anything posted in here now. The only difference is that way back when, it was a bunch of Anglo-Saxons posting a bunch of juvenile crap, whereas now, it's a multi-ethnic group of people posting a bunch of juvenile crap, whereas I, on the other hand, have consistently made an effort to post intelligent, insightful material, only to have everything I post systematically attacked and criticized by you and your gang of deliquents, Yoda. That says it all. I think a better way of describing it would be, once upon a time, MoFo was a clique of like-minded jerks, and now, it's a place in which fresh, interesting voices have entered into the equation, only to meet stubborn resistance to change from the old gang.

Funny how one moment you feel compelled to stay in the midst of rampant unpopularity so that you can fight for the truth (or in the name of some other dramatic cliche), but when faced with incontrovertible evidence you suddenly have better things to do.
Believe me, it has nothing to do with your so-called "incontrovertible evidence"--a blanket label that you habitually apply to any insubstantial garbage you might spout. Believe me, if I thought that anything you have said in any way threatened my position, I would be the first to refute your words. As it happens, I am turned off by your monotonous droning and your endless deconstructionism, which, it seems to me, is nothing more than a ploy on your part to endlessly get in the last word without having to go through the effort of carrying out an intelligent conversation. Basically, I find your debating style tedious, dull and extremely off-putting, which is why I feel compelled to make an exit.

All in a day's work for the community punching bag.
That's just you deluding yourself yet again, Mr. Hannibal Lecter!

Wow. Talk about "lengthy, drawn-out replies."

Originally Posted by Django
Now this is incontrovertible evidence that you are a racist. The fact that you allege that I am responsible for lowering the standards in this forum says it all.
Explain that logic to me: I say I think you hurt the community, and that makes me a racist...how? I guess I missed the "the only reason you could ever have for not liking someone is their race" memo.

As it happens, most of the material I have posted in here happens to be way more insightful and high-minded than what most others have posted. And reading back on earlier posts in the forum, none of that material looks to me to be any more insightful or high-minded than anything posted in here now. The only difference is that way back when, it was a bunch of Anglo-Saxons posting a bunch of juvenile crap, whereas now, it's a multi-ethnic group of people posting a bunch of juvenile crap, whereas I, on the other hand, have consistently made an effort to post intelligent, insightful material, only to have everything I post systematically attacked and criticized by you and your gang of deliquents, Yoda. That says it all. I think a better way of describing it would be, once upon a time, MoFo was a clique of like-minded jerks, and now, it's a place in which fresh, interesting voices have entered into the equation, only to meet stubborn resistance to change from the old gang.
Your attempts at insightful posting are short-lived. You'll post some article and ask for feedback and opinions; that's perfectly reasonable. But as soon as dissenting viewpoints rear their head, any civility you had completely breaks down.

Speaking of which, the "like-minded" accusation has been debunked too many times to keep track of. The International Group to Nullify and Oppose Racebaiting Egomaniacs (IGNORE) has many members that span many races, nationalities, political persuasions and spiritual beliefs. You have never, ever, EVER put forth any sort of counterargument to this obvious and demonstrable fact.

Believe me, it has nothing to do with your so-called "incontrovertible evidence"--a blanket label that you habitually apply to any insubstantial garbage you might spout. Believe me, if I thought that anything you have said in any way threatened my position, I would be the first to refute your words. As it happens, I am turned off by your monotonous droning and your endless deconstructionism, which, it seems to me, is nothing more than a ploy on your part to endlessly get in the last word without having to go through the effort of carrying out an intelligent conversation. Basically, I find your debating style tedious, dull and extremely off-putting, which is why I feel compelled to make an exit.
I don't particularly care what "turns you off." I'm going to continue to challenge your claims with straightforward, point-blank questions. And you're going to continue to "exit" at convenient times to avoid answering them with the same straightforwardness with which they were asked.

That's just you deluding yourself yet again, Mr. Hannibal Lecter!
You know, your numerous laughing emoticons aren't convincing anyone here that you don't care deeply about these sorts of discussions. Your constant presence (and, indeed, your own words) prove otherwise.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
If you want MoFo to be like it used to be, then you should contribute more instead of backing off.
You can only give so much.
I obviously can't give as much as you can, but so be it.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Unfortunately, Django's always been here while i've been here.

But having seen for the 10billionth time how much his deluded, self-centered imbecilities will never stop forcing themselves into every crack of this wee cyber edifice, I've pressed the ignore button this time.

And to be honest, i wouldn't have a problem with him being banned any more. The little glimmerings of well-meaningness inside him are swamped in a virus-like cloud of obstinate self-idolatry.

Bring on the cyber "country-club" then - any age, creed or race welcome. Preferably no me-me-me messiahs.

Your attempts at insightful posting are short-lived. You'll post some article and ask for feedback and opinions; that's perfectly reasonable. But as soon as dissenting viewpoints rear their head, any civility you had completely breaks down.
That's the nub of it. That's the frustrating ****ed-up-ness that is Django. Potential to be alright, but in practice, a regular font of ****e. (and dammit i'm still getting caught up in the ****-slinging-river that flows from this. And lo, another thread gets flooded )

BANNED
The fact is that you guys are a bunch of frustrated bourgeois losers looking for someone to blame all your frustrations on. I'm just a happy-go-lucky guy who happens to enjoy my life, and you jerks resent me for it. Hence your unwarranted criticism of me and your taking out all your frustrations on me. Please don't accuse me of being an egomaniac. I am a very humble guy. Sure, on occasion, I give voice to my modest past accomplishments. That doesn't make me egotistical though!

You guys are just ranting and raving for no conceivable reason! The fact of the matter is that you have a fixation on me! Deal with it! I personally couldn't be bothered with your sorry state of affairs and why you feel compelled to launch into these insulting diatribes! Like I said before, from where I stand, you guys come across as a bunch of animals in a zoo, fuming and raving for no conceivable reason!

Here I am laughing at you!

Some country club you've got here, Yoda! The very cream of society! Please, tell me when the wiseacre adolescents, the drunken rednecks, the goose-stepping debaters and the just plain old freaked out whackos have left so the rest of us can hit the golf courses and bridge tables!

Here I am banning you.
YES!!!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Here I am banning you.
I think it's the right thing to do.

Dang-go has shown he has zero respect for anyone here, so as a cyber-community, everyone's been tolerant in putting up with him for all this time. And plenty of that time has been used fruitlessly trying to reason with him.

Yods, you've been very fair by letting him romp around with his clown-like footprints flattening all the decent discussions. I felt you were right to do so. But eventually enough is enough. Plenty of people have called for his banning, and i can't actually think of anyone that'll miss him ultimately.

For Django - when you inevitably return under another name to shout BS about racism or any of your other rationalisations for why people have a problem with YOU - ponder this. I like some things about you. I think some of the info you present is interesting. I agree with many of your general political stances. I like your job in wave-energy, your leanings towards holism, your idealistic energy. So why do you think i'm one of the many who have called for your banning?

It's because of HOW you approach things. You are -despite what you would like to believe- dogmatic, unwilling to listen, insistant-on-your-own-rightness, regularly offensive when someone contradicts you, and massively in denial about these things. (i could go on, but i figure these won't quite be the last words on these matters. God knows they should be)

As such, your influence is negative.

Ponder.

I think everyone should give Yoda rep points for getting rid of the worst forum member in history.

Spread da' luv guys!

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I think everyone should give Yoda rep points for getting rid of the worst forum member in history.

Spread da' luv guys!

I just did...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My life isn't written very well.
Goodbye Django. I'm glad this site means so little to you. At least I can feel good that you won't have any hard feelings about being BANNED.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Lets put a smile on that block
Can anyone hear that?.....

Silence......

Now that the bad man's gone, less of the conspiracy theories ok guys?

I'm still here. Mwuhahaha. (but i prefer to just call them theories )

And when Yoda has time, we've got lots of catching up to do (as much as he's gonna whoop mah arse on the economics . At least there shouldn't be too many histrionics any more )

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Can anyone hear that?.....

Silence......

Now that the bad man's gone, less of the conspiracy theories ok guys?
Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson are making a movie called 12 Monkey Disciples starring Bin Laden