MoFo Forum Upgrade

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yeah, I remember the days before the cool logos on top. Now THAT to me represents the biggest "change" -- because at that point onward the site looked, well, somehow, more professional.

Nope, I'd rather you update over the weekend when I'm not on the forums. So, wait till then. Thanks.

A system of cells interlinked
That's a good one.

You ready? You look ready.
Yeah, I remember the days before the cool logos on top. Now THAT to me represents the biggest "change" -- because at that point onward the site looked, well, somehow, more professional.
Indeed. This site is one of the best looking and most professional sites I frequent. And it just gets better and better, too.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Yeah, that was a big jump forward. I got a great deal from the developer and he did an absolutely unbelievable job. I think we've had it for something like 5 years, and even after all this time I wouldn't dream of changing the basic look.

Here are a couple of older screenshots, before the current layout (click each for a larger view):

Quick update: the upgrade is complete. If you find any problems -- and I suspect you will for the next day or two -- please make note of them.

I'd go into more detail about various things right now, but it's ridiculously late here and I need some sleep. I'll be back tomorrow to few some things, polish a few others, and (hopefully) start introducing some of the new features.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The Rep gubbins is gone from the top right of my Profile page. This could well be deliberate but I thought I'd mention it.

EDIT - Top LEFT. I'm lost without my little gloves telling me which is which.

As well as Tacitus's comments above, I also have a load of old user comments in my profile that I'd previously deleted and now can't get rid of. On a more positive note though, the site is slightly faster.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm finding many of my posts now are duplicates, one right after the other. So far, all these posts have images, and they all show up with no rep, even if I know that they've been repped. For example, I just checked my photo taken at school. I have +11 rep for that photo, but each photo says "Even" where the rep is, but there are 11 consecutive photos now. Additionally, in My Profile, it says that it'll show me my latest rep, but instead that's no longer there, All I see in the Latest Rep area are recent comments.

The shout box monster ate my shout...

Originally Posted by Yoda in the Shoutbox
Okay, we're back up.

I'm sure there'll be lots of scattered problems, but I need some sleep, so hang in there everonye, and I'll be back tomorrow.

Thank you O' Wise Sleepy One... I've already noticed a few cool features... like members locations and join dates... and the forum loads a lot faster than it did for me...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yeah shoutbox is out of commission, methinks master Jedi will have his little green hands full when he wakes up this morning

I'm feeling a lot of pressure here. Do I ask someone to be my friend? What if they say no? I'm not sure if I can handle rejection. I may go and set the building on fire. My friends list is empty though... Ah the agony!

Oh, and what's this tags feature that is above the quick reply now?

OK, so this may be a small thing Chris but the Movie Club, Lists and Box Office areas have all lost most of their colors. They're accessible just very hard to read.

In the Newsletter archive it appears you have lost some Newsletters, I know you didn't do a bunch of them last year but I know you have put out one since September of 2007. They're all doubled up too so perhaps once the double up thing is solved the rest of them will reappear?

Edit: These may all be Firefox issues, I just switched over to IE and so far I can post shouts. I'll check to see if all those other things are working a well.

*Knocks on wood*

I'm not having any problems! I wanted to brag.

Oh, and I had been wishing for that IP deal. Plus, I'm happy to see the "Join date" back up.

Well, my comments are messed up too, but that's a small one. Maybe I should look at some of my older posts . . .

Edit: These may all be Firefox issues, I just switched over to IE and so far I can post shouts. I'll check to see if all those other things are working a well.

It's not just a Firefox issue.... I switched to IE and can post shouts but all the other glitches with rep and dupicate posts are there still...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Also can no one post images? I have to type it out.

It's not just a Firefox issue.... I switched to IE and can post shouts but all the other glitches with rep and dupicate posts are there still...

Thanks Cait, I was just on my way in here to mention that the Movie club, Lists and Box Office are all wonky in IE as well. So yeah, not a Firefox issue.